30628 - Monster Book of Monsters

MotorCityMuscle

2 hours ago, HandyHand said:

Was only available for one day (New Year's Day) as GWP in Europe. Gone during the day. Currently getting sold for €50 - €60 here.

6 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Still available here in North America, online and in store. Might pick up another one today while I'm out...

I wonder if there will be a noticeable gap in prices between US and EU on this one. Between the BN store stocking and now lingering on SAH, there will be so much more inventory here. And it's easier for collectors to get one. Didn't have to be up at 6am on New Years Day.

7 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

I wonder if there will be a noticeable gap in prices between US and EU on this one. Between the BN store stocking and now lingering on SAH, there will be so much more inventory here. And it's easier for collectors to get one. Didn't have to be up at 6am on New Years Day.

I think there's good potential for this set....but it will take a while. Nevertheless, it does have 320 pieces so even if it 'stabilizes' at 10 cents-per-part, that's still $30. Not bad for a GWP. Plus some stores are still double stacking with the car. 

Edited by eliminator

5 hours ago, HandyHand said:

Was only available for one day (New Year's Day) as GWP in Europe. Gone during the day. Currently getting sold for €50 - €60 here.

Instantly sold for 67 each on Jan 1st. Expect them not to hit 70 for quite a while.

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

I think there's good potential for this set....but it will take a while. Nevertheless, it does have 320 pieces so even if it 'stabilizes' at 10 cents-per-part, that's still $30. Not bad for a GWP. Plus some stores are still double stacking with the car. 

the other positive for this set is the current book theme going on for HP and other LEGO lines...I think a LEGO bookshelf would be enhanced by The Book of Monsters (not sure if it looks good sideways tho)

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the other positive for this set is the current book theme going on for HP and other LEGO lines...I think a LEGO bookshelf would be enhanced by The Book of Monsters (not sure if it looks good sideways tho)

Make enough room between the lowest shelf and the floor to put BOM on its rollers.  It is hiding under the bookshelf and can roll in and out of there

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

It may not look great relative to the “actual” book sets. It seems to be much smaller

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, legorunner said:

I created a cart last night that had all 3 promos in it. I just checked - only the Ox remains. 

Valentine was supposed to be done by today. As for MBOM, we shall see. It was originally scheduled till 2/14 (well, that was about the third extension) and then extended till 2/21. It's possible that someone didn't code that up and it will add later today.

Of course, since I bought quite a few at BN for $25, I really hope this GWP is finally done. Doubt we'll see the November prices any time soon but it would be nice to see the spigot turned off. 

Edited by BrickLover80
typos
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, legorunner said:

I created a cart last night that had all 3 promos in it. I just checked - only the Ox remains. 

Still no promos for me.  I just tried a few minutes ago (Mon., 2/15) and the MBoM is now going through 2/21.  If I add the Colosseum, it'll add the chariot but only the chariot.  No other promos will add no matter what I place into my cart.

310061866_20210215LEGOcart-nopromos.thumb.jpg.861a6f20ae54a20d8018a214ee94bb62.jpg

I had Ox and MBOM in my cart as GWP yesterday, and they are both still there. I was on the fence purchasing this, but decided not to pull the trigger. Originally got $110 from the B&N promo for MBOM and I was super happy with that return. IMO, It is still one of the better GWP's, non-holiday season. 

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot believe this is still available in the US. Is it still there in Europe?
Yeah, kinda ridiculous it is still around. They must have made a ton of these. I sold the first one I got for like $108 back when they were still scarce. Could have sold more that I purchased from B&N for $60-$80 but held off thinking the price would go back up once the B&N stock ran dry. Was definitely wrong on that. These are looking like a 2-3 year hold now just to get the $25 each original investment back out.
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...