30628 - Monster Book of Monsters

MotorCityMuscle

Picked up 4 at a local b&n today. Had to ask a bookseller to look them up she brought 4 back from the storage room in the back. And I asked if I could buy all 4 she obliged and said “there aren’t any limits so go for it”

YMMV. But if you are near a b&n today it’s worth an ask

These in-store sets are nothing but a "blip". According to Wikipedia there were 679 B&N stores in the US last year. Each store gets 8-10 sets, so that makes 6500 sets. Add maybe a few thousand that were available online and you get a total production run of 10k.

Provided these don't see wider release, this should do really well. That said, I'm still not seeing the minifigure pack climbing much in value - hovering $45-$50 on Amazon for the last year+.

Sold one to a lady this morning for $85, Big HP collector, and she mentioned that she knew from her online group that they were available in Japan earlier, but that no one from "harry potter collector land" knows anything about how/when/where they will be available in the states.  When they contacted me, they asked for pics to prove I really had it in hand, and looked it over when the bought to make sure it was the real deal.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 30628 - Monster Book of Monsters

according TO BRICKSET, these were available as GWP online on LEGO EU. with a 75 EURO spend. I tried ordering various HP products at LEGO sites in the EU over weekend, and this did not come up in basket. I eventually paid £72 for one from a UK seller who had sold 25 already. Not sure where he sourced his from.