30628 - Monster Book of Monsters

MotorCityMuscle

Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The way B&N is only placing 3 boxes on their display and then claiming soldout but to only re-stock later (in-store) and teh ambiguous "have some in the back" we're hearing

I am thinking this is more of an Illusion of Scarcity

I have seen no proof that stores have received restocks or have received more than their allotment of 8-10 copies.

7 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Have any of you been able to get around the limit of 1 for in store pickup? I just submitted two but with different email addresses.

I did an in-store pickup on the first and bought the rest in store in 2 separate purchases as I didn't want to buy them out in one go and be told no.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Have any of you been able to get around the limit of 1 for in store pickup? I just submitted two but with different email addresses.

I have had no issues with placing multiple pickup orders in the same store with the same info. These don't go via any validation AFAIK, so no enforcing of limits. Plus, the listing says "maximum 5 per customer" so just use that as an argument in the store if anyone complains.

11 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Hard to see how this one isnt a winner 

FWIW, no-one on Reddit has mentioned yet that this is available in-store. I think it's only known in reseller circles, especially as B&N isn't advertising these as it isn't part of a promo (anymore). This one will slip quietly out-of-stock. I see $120+ as a future target once the completionists figure out these are gone.

Also, I don't know who here covers Dayton and Columbus, OH, but YOU'RE SLACKING! Still available in 3-4 stores in that area. I just haven't the time to make the drive (45mins to Dayton, 1.5hr to Columbus).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was at a store that supposedly had some in stock from what the website told me. I couldn't find them and asked for help and I provided the stock number. The clerk said that they didn't have any and that the store couldn't order any because they were all gone from the distribution center. I think that once these are gone they are gone and some may regret not pulling the trigger on more. These will be >$100 next Q4.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I have had no issues with placing multiple pickup orders in the same store with the same info. These don't go via any validation AFAIK, so no enforcing of limits. Plus, the listing says "maximum 5 per customer" so just use that as an argument in the store if anyone complains.

Thanks! I placed 5 for pick up. We'll see if I get the ready for pick up notification for all of them.

Just now, Huskers1236 said:

I knew about Crossroads, didn't realize there was a Barnes there that didn't get relocated.  That will be a nice eyesore to be gone from the area.

The pile of rubble currently sitting there is less of an eye-sore than CrossRoads ws.

Also, SouthPointe is showing in stock again right now.

1 minute ago, Goofball814 said:

The pile of rubble currently sitting there is less of an eye-sore than CrossRoads ws.

Yep, saw this about an hour ago which was a change from this morning when all stores showed no stock.  I would be surprised if it's a full restock as they had 8-9 when I went there yesterday at lunchtime.  We'll see what they have when I head down there in a bit. 

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

I have seen no proof that stores have received restocks or have received more than their allotment of 8-10 copies.

It's a contrarian opinion...for those that don't see LEGO making so few of these (every other HP set has been plentiful). My guess is that it will show up again later on (once the B&N exclusivity deal runs out).  

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

It's a contrarian opinion...for those that don't see LEGO making so few of these (every other HP set has been plentiful). My guess is that it will show up again later on (once the B&N exclusivity deal runs out).  

They did have the minifigure set that stayed exclusive and, so far, Hedwig has been exclusive to there and Zavvi (randomly). I think it will probably show up again but only directly from SAH/LEGO stores. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goofball814 said:

Southpointe was phantom stock.  Still showing they have it but their internal computers showed it sold out already and not available to re-order.  They appear to be getting 1 run of these.

1 hour ago, BillyBricks said:

They did have the minifigure set that stayed exclusive and, so far, Hedwig has been exclusive to there and Zavvi (randomly). I think it will probably show up again but only directly from SAH/LEGO stores. 

What's so strange is that you can't even find it much about it on lego.com. Hedwig you can buy there and other gwp sets have a product page. 

47 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I placed my in-store pickup orders almost five hours ago. No read to pick up notification yet. Should I be worried? I'm hoping no one stopped by the store and snagged them off the display before they fulfilled my orders.

Same boat. Shortly after placing the order, it's no longer available to order for pickup online, but the order status is still "Locating Item" 4-5 hours later. :(