5006290 - Yoda's Lightsaber

Mark Twain

So, after over two full hours on the phone with Lego CS (1.5 hours on hold...), they told me that the promo is gone for good and they will not make any more, as has been previously reported. They apologized profusely (thanks a lot) and gave me $25 worth of VIP points in addition to the ones I earned from buying the cantina set. Not bad I guess. Then I asked nicely if they had any other promos lying around that they could send me as a replacement for the lightsaber. All they had was the little HP polybag, and I wasn’t interested in that. They ended up sending me a free Mandolorian BP set. I thought that was pretty nice. So, with original VIP, bonus VIP, and the Mando set, I figure that’s a $57.50 (~16.4%) discount. I think I can live with that.

• Like 2

Still available in stores. Just ran to my local one for another two. They had one Cantina left after I purchased mine. Had maybe 4 lightsabers left so I was told. They were sent a few more than the amount of Cantina's they had. Said they would be giving them out with future Cantina sales when they get more stock. 

Haven't been in a brand store since before the pandemic... they had everything in stock. Haunted houses, all the modulars, rollercoasters, treehouses, etc. Everything that everyone has been buying up once it shows in stock from Amazon. Was a pleasant surprise. 

Edited by brickvoyeur

4 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

I ordered at 8:58 am EST. Mine has saber and is showing as in warehouse.

me too.

I'm westcoast. after going to bed at 2am I freakin had to set my alarm to get up at 6am...logged in (by some incredible will I remembered to click on Rakuten cash back...pre-coffee this is a miracle)...went right back to bed.

I feel that my efforts were rewarded...but we'll see...who knows with this type of stuff.

2 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Sold mine for $112.50 on eBay... figured the price is only going to drop with reports from Facebook that these are still plentiful in stores.  

Between the $90 profit on this plus the $25 I got from customer service after this morning's debacle, I got a nice discount on the Cantina set.  

IDK...it's a pretty high price of admission...enough to scare away most casual flippers....whereas the serious flipper won't blink at the ~$400 price tag and simply hoard the sabers...I don't see these flooding the market any time soon.  

18 minutes ago, marcandre said:

My store had a saber for each cantina. At least five left.

Also my first trip there post covid. Vary well stocked. They still had the potter brickheadz. No diner or treehouse but just about everything else. 

My store said they had more sabers than cantinas. Enough for their next shipment. I also heard him say to another customer that 40 sets were on backorder right now. I hope this turns into a heck of a holiday season!!

• Like 1

Well dang it, my order which clearly showed both line items (Saber and Cantina) arrived with only the Cantina. Anyone else get their deliveries of the saber, any chance it was a separate box? Says CTN 1/1. I ordered within 1st five minutes so I wasn't part of the limbo crowd that saw the saber in cart but didn't show up in final order.

On hold waiting for CS... probably going to be told it's OOS and they'll offer $15 the "value", whereas they sell for $100. 

Well dang it, my order which clearly showed both line items (Saber and Cantina) arrived with only the Cantina. Anyone else get their deliveries of the saber, any chance it was a separate box? Says CTN 1/1. I ordered within 1st five minutes so I wasn't part of the limbo crowd that saw the saber in cart but didn't show up in final order.
On hold waiting for CS... probably going to be told it's OOS and they'll offer $15 the "value", whereas they sell for $100. 

Mine came together with the Cantina. I ordered a few minutes before the hour, so it was on the earlier side of orders.

0b4421e1b2e3bff166e62741eb184428.jpg

1 hour ago, RightDwigt said:

what did CS say?

20 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

what did CS say?

Thanks for asking. They were very apologetic and said that by all information it should have been included. With the missing promo and no packing slip I wonder if it was tampered. Regardless, they are in a hard place because to LEGO it's worth $15 but the market says $100 plus. They did the best they could in my case IMO, offered me points and 75522 which I thought has been long gone. Oh well, at least that helps close the gap between what I would have made selling the saber. I wouldn't have got this day one without the saber though, would have had to go under $300. At least the box is minty.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but Lego really messed this promo up. All that on top of the low level effort they had to begin with (Ziploc bags, generic box). Not only were many people upset because they couldn't order in the first 30 minutes, but even people who saw it in their cart had it disappear from their order. I know now that I'm one of a few with my issue that it showed up on my order but just wasn't in the box. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this promo came back. It seems so easy to produce and would make a lot of people happy. If I actually had mine I would sell it right now just in case.

To be clear, I'm not really complaining because customer service is set up to make good customers happy. Resellers are a different crowd and we've made plenty of money at every opportunity. CS reasoned that only the name plate was unique so it wouldn't be that expensive to build the saber. Which, if I'm a good customer and not a reseller, that would be all that matters right? It looks like the cantina itself has a pretty good valuation as it is out of stock at SAH. Maybe it'd be good to offload that for now.

Edited by RightDwigt

57 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

Thanks for asking. They were very apologetic and said that by all information it should have been included. With the missing promo and no packing slip I wonder if it was tampered. Regardless, they are in a hard place because to LEGO it's worth $15 but the market says $100 plus. They did the best they could in my case IMO, offered me points and 75522 which I thought has been long gone. Oh well, at least that helps close the gap between what I would have made selling the saber. I wouldn't have got this day one without the saber though, would have had to go under $300. At least the box is minty.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but Lego really messed this promo up. All that on top of the low level effort they had to begin with (Ziploc bags, generic box). Not only were many people upset because they couldn't order in the first 30 minutes, but even people who saw it in their cart had it disappear from their order. I know now that I'm one of a few with my issue that it showed up on my order but just wasn't in the box. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this promo came back. It seems so easy to produce and would make a lot of people happy. If I actually had mine I would sell it right now just in case. 

I'm bummed you didn't get yours.  Mine just arrived and I had placed my order (due to paypal delays) about 20 minutes after it went on sale.  I really think someone just made a mistake in your package.