5006290 - Yoda's Lightsaber

Mark Twain

I have had the same problem Paypal for the last two months.  I click on the "place order" button and it literally does nothing.  I end up having to go to a cc then it works immediately.  Admittedly, if the order goes backorder, LEGO has problems trying to charge the payment down the road, which doesn't make sense since other sellers don't seem to have that problem.

On a side note, the only way to get Yoda's light saber hilt is with purchase of the cantina.  Clever move LEGO...

Edited by exracer327

I like that Lego is now doing these lightsabers, but I just don't understand why they selected Yoda to go with the Cantina? We never saw him on Tatooine.

Maybe it's like the 20th anniversary sets, where each of the exclusive minifigures was "out of place" in regards to the set they came with. So you would have to buy most of the sets to get the right figure with a more relevant set. I have a feeling we'll be getting more of these sabers.

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

If it had a more impressive box, I'd be tempted.

A lot of features of this make it seem like it was kind of a slap-dash effort at selling Cantinas right away--the item doesn't tie into the set, the pieces come in a single resealable baggie, and the box doesn't match any other design for Star Wars sets. With the high purchase threshold to get the GWP, that should obviously help it appreciate, but LEGO isn't doing it any favors with their production of it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

A lot of features of this make it seem like it was kind of a slap-dash effort at selling Cantinas right away--the item doesn't tie into the set, the pieces come in a single resealable baggie, and the box doesn't match any other design for Star Wars sets. With the high purchase threshold to get the GWP, that should obviously help it appreciate, but LEGO isn't doing it any favors with their production of it. 

if this is the only chance to get this one and they take off with a full line, then the completionist will be after this one like crazy. not sure how long till the next one, if there will be a next one. 

any completed sales on Bricklink or eBay yet?

2 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

I like that Lego is now doing these lightsabers, but I just don't understand why they selected Yoda to go with the Cantina? We never saw him on Tatooine.

Maybe it's like the 20th anniversary sets, where each of the exclusive minifigures was "out of place" in regards to the set they came with. So you would have to buy most of the sets to get the right figure with a more relevant set. I have a feeling we'll be getting more of these sabers.

Yoda's lightsaber is the smallest and most simple design.

9 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

if this is the only chance to get this one and they take off with a full line, then the completionist will be after this one like crazy. not sure how long till the next one, if there will be a next one. 

doesn't look like a single unique piece other than the plaque...hope its not a sticker

16 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I only see one on eBay. I'm going to list mine at much higher than this one.

Screenshot_20200916-084859.png

4 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Did the Lightsaber go out of stock?  I placed an order around 20 minutes ago or so but realized its not in my order summary - see attached photo

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 9.52.31 AM.png

I just checked and it still shows up in my cart. You had better try to reorder and make sure the lightsaber is included. Then get on the horn with LEGO to get your first order canceled if you don't want two. When it came to the hagrid and buckbeak BHZ people were unable to get the GWP added to their order because it went out of stock so quickly.

Edit: just refreshed again for the heck of it and now I'm not seeing Yoda...

Edited by RightDwigt
update

3 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

I just checked and it still shows up in my cart. You had better try to reorder and make sure the lightsaber is included. Then get on the horn with LEGO to get your first order canceled if you don't want two. When it came to the hagrid and buckbeak BHZ people were unable to get the GWP added to their order because it went out of stock so quickly.

Edit: just refreshed again for the heck of it and now I'm not seeing Yoda...

Ugh... here we go again... I'm on the phone with them now.  if I can't get the lightsaber then I want my order canceled.  This is ridiculous.  How easy is it for them to cancel my order

The banner is now gone as well, back to the $35 free shipping. This is strange. For such an uninspired promo you'd think they would have many more available. 

Bummer to those who did not get one, but this does seem to bode well for the valuation. I'd say it's worth a phone call if you placed an order that said it was going to have this in it.