5006290 - Yoda's Lightsaber

Mark Twain

18 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Would it kill Lego to at least use flat silver on these types of sets?  Razor Crest was another (and the Harley).  I get that they don't want to chrome everything these days but at least something to give it a little shine.  

That said, if they continue with these, many wallets will be left barren.  

The box is odd. Generic yellow background with what appears to be a sticker instead of something printed on the face of the box. This may have something more to do with a production issue vs a design one. That, or the box pic is fake. It would not put it past certain folks of the #legoleak community. 

Nevermind, Stone wars has it: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-star-wars-yodas-lichtschwert-gwp/

Edited by Mark Twain

3 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

The box is odd. Generic yellow background with what appears to be a sticker instead of something printed on the face of the box. This may have something more to do with a production issue vs a design one. That, or the box pic is fake. It would not put it past certain folks of the #legoleak community. 

The box is likely legit.  LEGO used that for the buildable Red Brick promo and the Amsterdam windmill.  Cheap and not great for the overall look of the set, but a real package.

Out of curiosity, which would everyone prefer - Yoda's Light saber hilt or another vignette like 40333 (Hoth) or 40362 (Endor) or 40407 (DS II)?  I might have been interested in a micro Landing Bay 94 w/ MF in it, depending on how it was done.

However, as was said earlier, I'd really prefer a Wolfman polybag.

On a side note: I would find the box a lot more interesting if it had in small print on the front "* Batteries not needed".  Sadly, in our lawsuit-happy world, LEGO would need to word it in such a way that someone can't sue claiming they were misled into believing this light saber actually worked. *sigh*

20 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Out of curiosity, which would everyone prefer - Yoda's Light saber hilt or another vignette like 40333 (Hoth) or 40362 (Endor) or 40407 (DS II)?  I might have been interested in a micro Landing Bay 94 w/ MF in it, depending on how it was done.

However, as was said earlier, I'd really prefer a Wolfman polybag.

On a side note: I would find the box a lot more interesting if it had in small print on the front "* Batteries not needed".  Sadly, in our lawsuit-happy world, LEGO would need to word it in such a way that someone can't sue claiming they were misled into believing this light saber actually worked. *sigh*

I like the lightsaber and see it as a cool collectible. they could make one for every major character. however, the box would need to change to more of a collectors series. and, would need the character, the color of the saber and maybe some unique information to the user on the box. 

agree with others. wrong box for a cool set. 

Edited by MotorCityMuscle
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I'll be the odd man out and say that thing is terrible.  Without the plaque stating that it's Yoda's Lightsabre, who would recognize this outside of some really hardcore fans? 

It becomes more interesting from an investment perspective if more of these are coming.

Not a fan I would call it yodas lightsaber handle where is the actual green saber part that would be a lot cooler

• Like 2

Isn't a Yoda saber somewhat random?  Quite possibly the least recognizable (unless by size).  For teh cantina set Obi-won's would have been more relevant.

I agree the packaging is hokey for a Star Wars set...maybe something to test the waters w/ little investment???

Anyway, I am hoping it does become a mini-series...but I hope there's some internal bits of interest like a kiber crystal

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

Same box as the soccer players which was extremely limited. Could be money. 

Shouldn't it be called Yoda's lightsaber hilt? Looks lame to me. 

I agree, without the plaque no one would have any idea what this set is.  It might be more valuable in the box for that reason.

For a series, here is a pic of main character lightsaber hilts.  Count Dooku's is the most interesting IMHO.

Lightsaber Hilt designs.jpg

Edited by exracer327

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 5006290 - Yoda's Lightsaber