5006290 - Yoda's Lightsaber

Mark Twain

1 hour ago, citymorgue said:

I'm frustrated because when I placed my order, the lightsaber was in my cart.  But now I'm rechecking the order, and it magically disappeared...something is definitely fishy here.

Same here. It was in my cart, and also in my PayPal confirmation email for payment. Now it’s mysteriously just gone from my order on Lego.com and their confirmation email has it missing too. The only reason I bought Mos Eisley day one is for this promo, so I’m going to be upset if they screw me (and probably lots of other folks) on this one. I’m trying to contact Lego now. Email said it would be a week for a response. Now I’ve been on hold on the phone for 40 minutes. 😡

1 minute ago, BillyBricks said:

All of the listings that went up at $100-110 sold on Ebay. I bet many went to people on here who realized that set is going to sell for maybe double that amount with it being so limited. Geez. 

I had mine up for $140, got two offers at $100, declined them and adjusted my price. This is going to be a winner. Half of the ones you're referring to that have sold (about five) aren't even in hand, saying they will ship later.

3 minutes ago, Chormeister said:

Same here. It was in my cart, and also in my PayPal confirmation email for payment. Now it’s mysteriously just gone from my order on Lego.com and their confirmation email has it missing too. The only reason I bought Mos Eisley day one is for this promo, so I’m going to be upset if they screw me (and probably lots of other folks) on this one. I’m trying to contact Lego now. Email said it would be a week for a response. Now I’ve been on hold on the phone for 40 minutes. 😡

Basically, the customer service rep told me that it was sold out and there was no way she could get me the lightsaber, and she doesn't know if they will make anymore of these.  As a consolation, she gave me $15 in VIP points....  Cool I guess???  I would've bought the cantina either way, but definitely not day one without the promo... I'm pissed.  This is a total garbage move by Lego.

• Sad 1

Just now, RightDwigt said:

I had mine up for $140, got two offers at $100, declined them and adjusted my price. This is going to be a winner. Half of the ones you're referring to that have sold (about five) aren't even in hand, saying they will ship later.

Sometimes those ones who will ship later cancel for some bogus reason and then adjust the price to being higher when they relist after seeing the increase. 

8 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

Sometimes those ones who will ship later cancel for some bogus reason and then adjust the price to being higher when they relist after seeing the increase. 

Yeah lol, reason for cancellation "out of stock".

Looking pretty good on bricklink too. Only a handful of listings on each marketplace. This is going to be a winner. Seems like getting it for $1 00 is a good deal for the second round of early birds. Props to those who got two!

Just returned from LEGO store.  They apparently received several cases of yoda light sabers (looked like 10 or 12 / case) - enough for a couple shipments of cantinas - limit one / cantina.  They were shocked to hear LEGO Shop at Home was already out of them because they seem to have plenty.  I did see three cantinas go out of the store while I was there. So if you live close to a store, you might be in the lucky crowd. 

On a side note: the yoda light saber was apparently a very last minute addition and they didn't have time to produce a "real" box for it.  Hence the Yellow box.

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 2

I called my local lego store after this whole debacle, and they said they had these in stock so I went and picked up the set there.  wanted to avoid going inside a shopping mall but I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.  

The capper was that Lego customer service gave me $25 in VIP points for the trouble, so I applied that to the Cantina set.  

now to decide if I should sell or keep this...

IMG_0469.jpg

Edited by jonnyhanukkah
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I called my local lego store after this whole debacle, and they said they had these in stock so I went and picked up the set there.  wanted to avoid going inside a shopping mall but I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.  

The capper was that Lego customer service gave me $25 in VIP points for the trouble, so I applied that to the Cantina set.  

now to decide if I should sell or keep this...

IMG_0469.jpg

I tried to do this too, but it didn’t work. The store said they had exatly enough to go with the number of cantina sets they were provided with to sell. Oh well. 😢