5006290 - Yoda's Lightsaber

Mark Twain

54 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

so weird... SAH keeps redirecting me to the UK site when I click on the small banner ad... and it shows that the Cantina is for sale now, with the Yoda lightsaber, but then also says " available Oct. 1st." must be that they know I am in the US.. Still Strange:

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.47.00 PM.png

Are you logged into your VIP account? It may be that it is showing you the regular release date, not VIP early release...? I'm not sure. 

20 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Not sure if true or not but still not live on LEGO Shop at Home so maybe there is some substance to it. I feel like they toyed with us recently on another launch but struggling to remember what it was. 

I was buying the grand piano at midnight (Aug 1) the day of launch. Website kept crashing. Took 30 minutes for my order to go through. By the time the order went through it was backordered. I just got one of my 3 pianos today. Other 2 are still backordered. The Lego IT messed up that one completely.

Edited by Gonkalin

3 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

I was buying the grand piano at midnight (July 1) the day of launch. Website kept crashing. Took 30 minutes for my order to go through. By the time the order went through it was backordered. I just got one of my 3 pianos today. Other 2 are still backordered. The Lego IT messed up that one completely.

I added a couple 501st to my basket when it went live a minute before midnight EST. Took no more than 3 minutes to complete the order. The set didn't go on backorder until at least 30-minutes later. Yet somehow I got thrown in the backorder bucket...

Lightsaber's gone, that was fast. I was on the fence as I can probably get the Cantina 20-30% off at some point and I'm not sure if the lightsaber was worth at least a hundred. At the rate it went, probably it will be at least a hundred. 

Edited by coelian

56 minutes ago, coelian said:

Lightsaber's gone, that was fast. I was on the fence as I can probably get the Cantina 20-30% off at some point and I'm not sure if the lightsaber was worth at least a hundred. At the rate it went, probably it will be at least a hundred. 

Limit 1 per household with strict enforcement like the Hagrid and Buckbeak BHZ GWP? Is the lightsaber only available with the Cantina, or is it something that's included with any Star Wars purchase above a certain threshold? I did see kaczy's report that it is only with Cantina in the EU... likely the same for USA. Looks like things will go live in T-45 minutes for us across the pond! 

If it wasn't for the Yoda GWP I wouldn't even be considering a day one purchase, but if Yoda does climb to $100 that would make the Cantina a palatable cost.

13 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

Limit 1 per household with strict enforcement like the Hagrid and Buckbeak BHZ GWP? Is the lightsaber only available with the Cantina, or is it something that's included with any Star Wars purchase above a certain threshold? I did see kaczy's report that it is only with Cantina in the EU... likely the same for USA. Looks like things will go live in T-45 minutes for us across the pond! 

If it wasn't for the Yoda GWP I wouldn't even be considering a day one purchase, but if Yoda does climb to $100 that would make the Cantina a palatable cost.

It can only be obtained with the Cantina and it's limited to 2, you can split your order to get a max of 2 lightsabers on 1 account. The 1 per household is stated but not actively enforced online. At least not for my previous purchases like Hagrid, train and the Christmas trees last year.

It's done here in europe, let's see how long it takes to go OOS over there. Took less than 6 hours. I was thinking hard about getting it for myself and trying to sell the cantina at cost but it's too much hassle.

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

It will be interesting to see if valuations can overcome the generic box.

seems like a big miss to not use the new black box. unless they were thinking there will be a hilt for all main characters and were just testing the waters with the new packaging now knowing if it would last?

Edited by MotorCityMuscle

13 minutes ago, KShine said:

It will be interesting to see if valuations can overcome the generic box.

The Manchester Unity Trinity is not going for a super high value now, however this is star wars and has a much bigger base so I'm guessing higher but what the magic number is who knows. The batmobile GWP is now holding steady at close to 100 with a much nicer box. 

If anyone is having trouble with Paypal and not being able to click "Place Order", I found that the browser doesn't matter (tried 3 mobile and desktop) as much as this workaround: On final checkout page click payment method as if you are going to use a credit card, then click back on Paypal. Finally you can check the T&C box again and then "Place Order" will actually do something for you.

In for 1 with Yoda. Thanks for that picture, that makes it look a little more attractive.