75294 - Bespin Duel

joch29

1 hour ago, coelian said:

I got my 3 together with wonder woman. Too much trouble to ask my friend to get 1 more set from target. Shipping will be expensive but better than shipping plus markup. :P 

wonder woman won't ship till 1 Oct, so will Lego wait till then and ship everything in one package making it easier and cheaper to ship back to you.  

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

wonder woman won't ship till 1 Oct, so will Lego wait till then and ship everything in one package making it easier and cheaper to ship back to you.  

Based on past experience they will ship in two packages. If they do hold it all the better but I don't want to trouble my friend to repack it if that's not the case.

2 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

SaH says that they are sold out. These may have been a lot more limited than advertised if both Target and SaH are out. Vader bust lasted at least a couple days at Target and LM2 Brickheadz lasted about 12 hours. These all went in 8-9 hours?

I just purchased for SaH 2 minutes ago

I took a chance on placing a 60-day backorder on SAH at about 8am EST this morning. Just one for personal build. I got the confirmation email around 8:40. Now my order status on SAH is In Warehouse. Pleasantly surprised. I figured I’d have to wait till October to get it, if I ever got it at all.

Picked up my 3 at 11:40 PM CST on Aug 26th from SAH. Also on the product page for bespin duel LEGO has this bullet point

This construction set foradults is part of a collection of inspiring LEGO® building kits designed for you, the discerning hobbyist, as you look for your next creative DIY project.

COME ONE! foradults, Where is the missing SPACE BAR! AGH!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

My S@H order says "Waiting for new stock".  How many of these did they actually produce?  Or maybe the better question, are they going to produce more based on demand?

I would be surprised if they produced more.  Not sure why, but I would be surprised.  These Con exclusives are usually one run and done.

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

I would be surprised if they produced more.  Not sure why, but I would be surprised.  These Con exclusives are usually one run and done.

But that con was cancelled and they never said which con the set was supposed to be for.  So technically it is not a con exclusive anymore, right?
Maybe I am overthinking this, but the availability of this set and WW one seems a bit off to me.  

Per S@H:

While originally planned to be available at an event that is no longer taking place, this set will now be available at LEGO.com!

10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

But that con was cancelled and they never said which con the set was supposed to be for.  So technically it is not a con exclusive anymore, right?
Maybe I am overthinking this, but the availability of this set and WW one seems a bit off to me.  

Per S@H:

I'm totally going off the vibe given when they produced Vader Bust. More available, from a retailer, still a limited run.

@ravenb99 might be able to shed some light on numbers