75294 - Bespin Duel

joch29

Now Target finally says "check stores" (even though wasn't available at stores to begin with).  I'm not big in the Quick flipping game for new sets but these are a bit different being event releases.  I'm kinda glad they hung out available for 33 hrs, Not just because i ordered more before bed but because it allowed others to get in on it.  Lowers the guilt when realizing profits:)

9 minutes ago, Belac said:

Now Target finally says "check stores" (even though wasn't available at stores to begin with).  I'm not big in the Quick flipping game for new sets but these are a bit different being event releases.  I'm kinda glad they hung out available for 33 hrs, Not just because i ordered more before bed but because it allowed others to get in on it.  Lowers the guilt when realizing profits:)

maybe for returns, lol!

looks like can still get on my end. maybe when you get all the way through to checkout?

17 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

looks like can still get on my end.

Yes it's back now, probably will be like Vader Bust, flicker in and out for a day or so. Suppose I just wanted more, I am not afraid. O.K. I am afraid of being banned, but not of the set. so I'm not over doing it.

Edited by Belac

On 8/27/2020 at 11:12 AM, Sfcommando14 said:

Lego came out and said they would provide more availability for these exclusives after the debacle of TLM2 Brickheadz. I assume a run at SAH was always going to happen, they just had more since none went to con attendees.

Source?

I guess I can google for you people, but this was discussed here last year. note this is about Vader bust (SW celebration) but excludes SDCC.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/04/24/lego-will-make-regional-exclusive-sets-available-worldwide-starting-next-month-news/

These were sets from the canceled conventions this year though, which the article states specifically that those would still be exclusive. So, I don't think that they will be making any more of these.

I thought you were referring to something that you had seen specifically about this set.

These were sets from the canceled conventions this year though, which the article states specifically that those would still be exclusive. So, I don't think that they will be making any more of these.  
I thought you were referring to something that you had seen specifically about this set.

Lego mentions the Vader Bust as an impetus for the change. Bespin is this years Vader Bust. So they are doing what they said they would. I don’t think they are making more either, but SAH availability was probably the plan before Celebration was cancelled.

The article said the region exclusives would be available for a "Limited time period" and after that be available in "3-6 months" Considering that this article is over a year old, doesn't OUTRIGHT say this set(even though it is implied) I'm not worried. If I can flip my 3 Bespins within two weeks of receiving them, the general public won't even know that the bespin duel will be released at the earliest in 2 months.

Considering LEGO has tons of other sets on backorder, I would focus on stocking those. Then in 6 months, actually start making more bespin duels. Since LEGO is selling a lot of LEGO right now, they don't really need the massive profit that bespin duel will get. Rather, save that release for another quarter when they might still be busy. Obviously, people that pay outrageous prices will be mad, but do you really think TLG cares?

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Glad i get to order convention mech online this year. I overheard  these two " idiots "having to wait over 3 hours for some kind of mug.... Same mug was available online after a week or two. 

Reminds me of... some mugs that Hot Topic was selling a few years ago. People were flooding the malls and getting into fights with employees and other buyers trying to find these little $5 mugs to flip on eBay for like $150. The entire time they were available on HT's website so I just ordered a bunch from my couch.

10 hours ago, KvHulk said:

All my Target order shipped and LEGO order shipped...

Also... ***POOF*** ... from Target... (temporarily?!)

It's still showing as in stock to me, in fact I haven't seen it go out of stock yet at target.

Have other people seen continuous availability or have you been seeing it out of stock?

I have 0 doubt this is a winner but it is unnerving me that it is still available right now