75294 - Bespin Duel

joch29

21 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

If you use another card, checking out as a guest, under a different name, with a different email address... the algorithm lets it pass even if it to the same address.

Received 3 from the original release. Ordered 3 on the last backorder with one dog as the recipient... ordered another 3 with this backorder with the other dog as the recipient. No cancelations on the backorder from the 17th, none yet today.

19 hours ago, KvHulk said:

Yup. That worked...

I stand corrected. This order/workaround was also cancelled this morning.

1 hour ago, KvHulk said:

I stand corrected. This order/workaround was also cancelled this morning.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

same here. I believe IP addresses are tracked.

When people order and it goes through but then gets canceled, Lego are left with unsold inventory that results in these brief moments...

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

showing backorders accepted again: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/bespin-duel-75294

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

My 2 separate orders are now in warehouse.  I wonder after this run this will be the last time they offer this set.  Especially being back to sold out.  I can't imagine something that was originally intended to be pretty limited getting a full normal production run.

I can't imagine something that was retired less than a year ago getting another full normal production run.

TLG full of surprises as late.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I can't imagine something that was retired less than a year ago getting another full normal production run.

TLG full of surprises as late.

That may be, but this is a bit different than something like that.  Until they start going full production on these small promotional type of things, I would still put money that it won't be long before these are gone for good.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

That may be, but this is a bit different than something like that.  Until they start going full production on these small promotional type of things, I would still put money that it won't be long before these are gone for good.

Counter argument is that its in the magazine, and there was intense backlash worldwide regarding this set. Also most promos arent of the most iconic scene in one of the greatest films ever.

No way to know. Hope its over for good. Sold out sign seems promising.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Counter argument is that its in the magazine, and there was intense backlash worldwide regarding this set. Also most promos arent of the most iconic scene in one of the greatest films ever.

Unfortunately, it was listed as sold out last week, too. This is where I would insert a link to Backstreet Boys' "Quit Playing Games with my Heart," but I'm sure you all have that song easily accessible on your own PCs, so I won't eat up space here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A long, long time ago, in LEGO magazine far, far away....

Vader’s SSD showed up in the catalog, and retired less than a week after it was published.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1