75294 - Bespin Duel

joch29

On 9/14/2020 at 10:18 PM, mudcatsfan said:

that is the consensus, yes. Short run exclusive. No additional runs. He gone.

264 live

1411 sold

95 shipped is the current floor, but a few with for a creased box at 93.

many others sitting at the 99.99 level.

The dip never happened.  I'm impressed. 

368 live

1600+ sold

Many sold recently at 80 shipped. 

Perhaps due to the new backorder accepted flurries. 

80, 83, 85 is the current floor for live BINs.

image.png.e79433be60a10356a8a7ec1f1db24c3a.png

Picture supposedly from the Lego Brand store in Mexico City.

The person sharing the picture on Reddit says that they get new stock multiple times a week. The 899.99 price is approximately $40

Edit:

Another shot, this one from from the Holocron Toy Store in Texas, selling for under RRP at $35.99

image.png.baec2c2187bb745e0288017056c2e4a5.png

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.png.e79433be60a10356a8a7ec1f1db24c3a.png

Picture supposedly from the Lego Brand store in Mexico City.

The person sharing the picture on Reddit says that they get new stock multiple times a week. The 899.99 price is approximately $40

Edit:

Another shot, this one from from the Holocron Toy Store in Texas, selling for under RRP at $35.99

image.png.baec2c2187bb745e0288017056c2e4a5.png

Time to cancel my LEGO Shop at Home order for three more sets that have yet to ship. 

Edit: How do I cancel my backordered order at LEGO Shop at Home? I don't see a cancel hyperlink. Do I have to call? Ugh.

Edited by oneknightr

29 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Time to cancel my LEGO Shop at Home order for three more sets that have yet to ship. 

Edit: How do I cancel my backordered order at LEGO Shop at Home? I don't see a cancel hyperlink. Do I have to call? Ugh.

Call cust serv, give them your VIP # and ord #, ask them to cancel the order.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Waited on the phone for about 30 mins, and the rep persuaded me not to cancel my order as this set won't be remade. She said the initial production that was slated for SDCC sold out quickly, so they decided to get the factory to produce one more batch. This second batch sold out and backorders will ship on 10/08/20. She said it won't be produced again. We all know to take that with a grain of salt. 

I decided not to cancel my order. I'm sure I'll break even at the very least and hope what she says is true. Might be more than a year hold. That's how long I held my Vader bust for before unloading for a nice profit. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Waited on the phone for about 30 mins, and the rep persuaded me not to cancel my order as this set won't be remade. She said the initial production that was slated for SDCC sold out quickly, so they decided to get the factory to produce one more batch. This second batch sold out and backorders will ship on 10/08/20. She said it won't be produced again. We all know to take that with a grain of salt. 

I decided not to cancel my order. I'm sure I'll break even at the very least and hope what she says is true. Might be more than a year hold. That's how long I held my Vader bust for before unloading for a nice profit. 

some good info here...not saying the rep even knows for sure, but simply the fact "they" can decide to produce another batch so readily (I would have thought that manufacturing schedules were much more tighter and that LEGO couldn't realistically modify so quickly). Also the "SDCC" moniker is just a label to LEGO with no actual production requirements...clearly just a suggestion of scarcity and LEGO can abuse based on what perceived precedence they want to set.

in short, LEGO just F'in w/ us...like always but this year it's just a bit more in-your-face

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I don't understand how "one more run" makes sense when it ends up in some random retailers store. If they got ahold of this highly coveted set, surely other retailers did as well? More then meets the eye here methinks. Might be worth quick flipping this one....

They are throwing a bone to their partners by giving them a highly desirable set. It makes perfect sense from a business perspective.

On 9/28/2020 at 6:41 PM, oneknightr said:

That is very interesting.  LEGO cancelled my order from this second batch.

So 1 question comes to mind, are these sets poppin up in the wild, part of the 'first run sold out quickly' or 'one more batch'?!?  

I already qf'ed my Target order. Now waiting on my 2 separate orders from SatH.  Both orders included a VIP rewards 'originals' artwork and are still saying on back order.

I did find it interesting SatH listing for this now includes a store stock locator.  Did anyone find these in their local Lego stores??

image.png.9ed891126517e162b685515dae159c5f.png