10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

DadsAFOL

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, KShine said:

I really had hopes for this one - in time, I suppose.

I just offloaded my only copy locally for $120 to someone who asked for one for Xmas and didn’t get it. Cant wait for the restock at lego either.
nice gentlemen, talked about the LUG he was in. 

My buy in was rrp from s&h and got the 12-1 build up which someone else bought for $25 cash.  No ragrets 😂

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

This set is a very slow seller here in Canada. My local Lego store manager mentioned that they have only sold "a few."

This style of locomotive is unrecognizable in North America. IMO, this one is for the collectors and train enthusiasts. 

I agree. If they wanted to make a push back into trains this probably wasn’t the best model to do so. Hopefully slow sales doesn't equate to them holding back future 18+ trains.

2 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I agree. If they wanted to make a push back into trains this probably wasn’t the best model to do so. Hopefully slow sales doesn't equate to them holding back future 18+ trains.

I think the rail network/ community in North community isn't as big as UK / EU. Over here it is a very good seller and will do well post EOL. Should do well in North america aswell, as even if pre retirement sales aren't good, it will still be a desirable model.

• 1 year later...

its already at 185 on amazon and there are very few sellers - i sold 15 of them last couple weeks. So it should easily be 250 in a yearIt was largely overlooked since it wasnt popular in the usa and then it went poof almost overnight. Which actually turned out to be the case for most large sets this year. Barraccuda bay, batmobile, t rex. theyre all gunna be winners for that reason imo.

• 4 months later...