10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

DadsAFOL

1 hour ago, RightDwigt said:

Just as fair to call them out on the "lit up" lasers, lightsabers and vehicle lights on any of the other sets! Some sets end up being really cool, but others you can definitely tell they relied heavily on the box art. I wouldn't call it false advertising.

It would be like going to McDonalds and expecting to get the burger pictured in the menu.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Is it fair to call it "false advertising"

I also wouldn't call it false advertising, just marketing.  However, speaking of lights... those are cheap, they should have included that in the list of optional upgrades you can purchase.  The motor only takes up one of the ports on the hub, there's still an open port for lights.

2 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I also wouldn't call it false advertising, just marketing.  However, speaking of lights... those are cheap, they should have included that in the list of optional upgrades you can purchase.  The motor only takes up one of the ports on the hub, there's still an open port for lights.

Hmm, surprisingly liberal reaction. I would have expected people to be more critical to things like this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising#Misleading_illustrations

3 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Is it fair to call it "false advertising" for LEGO to make it look like you could light up the interior of the train , which is actually not the case (at least not with the regular retail set you get out of that box)?

1.jpg

I never thought there was a light inside.  You can easily accomplish the same affect by aiming lighting in strategic ways.  That's not "false" advertising, that's just called advertising.  False advertising would be saying it's over 1200 pieces but they're actually nanoblocks.

Also, as someone else mentioned, there is a second port on the hub so you could always add lights.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I never thought there was a light inside.  You can easily accomplish the same affect by aiming lighting in strategic ways.  That's not "false" advertising, that's just called advertising.  False advertising would be saying it's over 1200 pieces but they're actually nanoblocks.

Also, as someone else mentioned, there is a second port on the hub so you could always add lights.

Yep.  To me it looks like strong light from outside going in, consistent with the brighter top left corner of the cart

Had train in basket ready for checkout at 11:55pm (must have been a glitch). Waited until 12:01 to pay. Didn't show promo in basket, but order shows up as In Process and shows promo there. Mission Accomplished.

image.thumb.png.abc0a941d0336de85d9af6f2a7ac4483.png

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

First few hours you could buy max 2, then shifted to max 1. Now just moved to backorder.

Happy to have secured 2 :) 

Also bought parts to build it in black (with red wheels and accents) and white (with standard grey accents).