10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

DadsAFOL

On 7/4/2020 at 10:41 AM, MusiKyle said:

Jang has some issues with it driving properly around corners but overall says good value.  The front and rear derailed on him rather easily and the middle section is fixed/straight and pushes the limits of making corners without any horizontal rotatation the wheel sets.  It's funny, he even bought a conductor's hat but was too down about its ability to drive he wouldn't wear it.

Jang update: Removed rubber bands on wheels to stop track hopping.  Shows a custom build technique to help close the gaps l between the cars.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

It's back in stock at SAH. Limit of two with order. Promo still adds.  How the F did it go from 60 days back order to OOS to  being back into stock in a week? 

I suspect I know the answer.  I just do not want to say it because I do not want it to be true :(

On 7/10/2020 at 3:13 AM, locidm said:

Gone already from SAH!

Of course those I ordered last week is still in the USPS awaiting item limbo since 7/1.

lol - don't worry in stock at target - whats that hissing sound?  air coming out the quick flip quick.

https://www.target.com/p/lego-crocodile-locomotive-relaxing-diy-project-for-adults-10277/-/A-79555322

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2020 at 1:52 PM, BrickStanley74 said:

Got one a week or so ago from Amazon. Is it normal for these to arrive sealed in the LEGO packing box with the "Don't put on shelves until July 1st" sticker on the front?

:) Both mine from Amazon had that box and sticker. ones from Shop at home did not.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BrickStanley74 said:

Gotcha. Just wondering whether in the long run it becomes more desirable if still sealed in the LEGO shipping box.

Ill leave mine the shipper box and send in second box. buyers are exited to get sets in that good of condition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belac said:

Ill leave mine the shipper box and send in second box. buyers are exited to get sets in that good of condition.

IDK...depends...some see it as a lot of waste

I recently did a local face-to-face deal on the Lambo in it's nifty outer LEGO box W the additional ends cushion...I was floored when he just wanted to take the set...I was like...but...but...(I mean I rather have it in that box just for the ride home...you'know). The dude dropped $550 for the set and just threw it in his trunk (I could see the Uber driver tag on his windshield..I doubt he was THAT well off)

I think a lot of us have that "reseller baggage" caring about things only the top 1% cares about

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

Is this set worth buying at retail price right now?  As a new release, when do people planning to shift these sets?  I see it taking years to retire, what are people's strategies with this set?

depends on whether you are able to do a quick flip, i found  them on the shelves prior to release bought them at retail and someone did pay me a premium for it after lego LEGO Shop at Home went OOS with a ship date of Sept. Now it isn't even available to order.