Super Mario 2020

I'd like to see the Hammer Suit myself.

On 5/17/2020 at 12:26 PM, MusiKyle said:

Oh, and not really a suit, but being able to sit inside that boot and hop around...

Goomba's (Kuribo's) shoe was a fun item though extremely rare like appearing in only a single level out of the whole game.

LEGO should adapt the concept behind Super Mario Maker 2 video games. They should create elements from various Mario games and release a bunch as a theme every year / quarter.  So maybe Spring 2021 will have elements from Super Mario 3, Fall 2021 would be Mario World, 2022 would be Mario 64, etc etc  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rcdb1984 said:

top one, the lower one is actually a smaller version for kids to use. Even though my kids use the adult sized one with a chair, ha.

I had the big one for a while. Loved the theme and playfield. Was not crazy about the flippers. Gottlieb's felt clunky compared to Williams. Still a great game. 

I'm not sure about this theme. I think if they made a CMF line it would do very well and everyone would buy them. With this however, I think they'll be alienating older buyers, and I'm not sure younger people will be into them. Young people would probably just play the switch instead. I think this was a lost opportunity. I'm not sure who came up w/ the play features aspect, but it's a bit forced.

• 4 weeks later...

I just stumbled upon a Lego theme Heroica from 2011 I knew nothing about.  It reminds me a lot of this new Super Mario theme with the 2-by-X gameplay paths.  The fact that I knew nothing about it, and that it reminds me of this Super Mario theme, makes me really hope the new theme isn't easily forgotten.  I mean the licensing with Nintendo has lots of possibilities, I'm just curious about this particular hands-on play experience.  And without minifigs nothing here really helps MOCs.  Maybe some inspiration for some MOCs, but much of this seems that it could be built with spare parts.  I'm still hoping for minifigs down the road.  Or something Zelda flavored.

c26-B004OWNS68-1-l.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle

On 5/21/2020 at 12:03 AM, rcdb1984 said:

top one, the lower one is actually a smaller version for kids to use. Even though my kids use the adult sized one with a chair, ha.

I had that one for a while, too actually, it's great fun and the sound effects are fantastic.  Bought it for $1000 in 2008 out of Minneapolis back to Cedar Rapids Iowa and sold it a couple years later for the same amount to someone in Waterloo Iowa.  My best story was a Whirlwind I got out of St. Louis for $500 and a year later sold it for $2500 on eBay ($500 freight shipping on top) to someone in Atlanta.

Edited by MusiKyle

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Review with some new expansions https://gizmodo.com/legos-super-mario-is-perfect-if-you-suck-at-the-video-g-1844036858 Spotted Toad, Shy Guy, Bullet Bill

I like the blind bag options the best in all honesty. I think these will be sought after just for the figures (Yoshi and Toad). I am a fan of Blooper and Shy Guy, so I know Ill be going for the set. 

Still no love for Luigi. Would really encourage 2 Player options. I would imagine its in the works, but still even a Princess Peach would be nice as a playable Character. Not hating, these new expansion sets really help define the theme lineup. They are really going all in on this.

Here’s the full list:

• Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course (59,99 USD/EUR)
  • Guarded Fortress Expansion Set (49,99 USD/EUR)
  • Desert Pokey Expansion Set (19,99 USD/EUR)
  • Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set (19,99 USD/EUR)
  • Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set (29,99 USD/EUR)
  • Boomer Bill Barrage Expansion Set (29,99 USD/EUR)
  • Mario’s House & Yoshi Expansion Set (29,99 USD EUR)
  • Toad’s Treasure Hunt Expansion Set (69,99 USD/EUR)
  • Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set (99,99 USD/EUR)
  • Thwomp Drop Expansion Set (39,99 USD/EUR - available only with select retailers)
  • King Boo and the Haunted Yard Expansion Set (49,99 USD/EUR- available only with select retailers)
  • Fire Mario Power-Up Pack (9,99 USD/EUR)
  • Propeller Mario Power-Up Pack (9,99 USD/EUR)
  • Cat Mario Power-Up Pack (9,99 USD/EUR)
  • Builder Mario Power-Up Pack (9,99 USD/EUR)
  • Character Packs (4,99 USD/3,99 EUR) x 10
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 6:39 AM, CosmicSpeed said:

Still no love for Luigi. Would really encourage 2 Player options. I would imagine its in the works, but still even a Princess Peach would be nice as a playable Character. Not hating, these new expansion sets really help define the theme lineup. They are really going all in on this.

next year will be the MarioKart themes...no way LEGO misses out on the most popular (Current Mario) game