Super Mario 2020

2 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
33 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:
This is probably a gateway to other Nintendo IPs.  Maybe we'll get a Link like everyone keeps asking for.

Or possibly Pokemon sets... I know Nintendo owns at least part of the Pokemon IP, but I also know that they have broken the IP rights up to several different companies.

Last time I checked, Mega Construx is still pumping out those (hideous) Pokemon sets.  Do you know when their licensing deal is going to end?

38 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Last time I checked, Mega Construx is still pumping out those (hideous) Pokemon sets.  Do you know when their licensing deal is going to end?

They aren't awful, but Lego could definitely improve on the designs. Mega Construx DOES print parts, I imagine if we ever have brick built Pokemon, there will be stickers. Also, Mega has GOD AWFUL distribution, so if GameFreak/Nintendo/Lego can cooperate, it should be a win/win.

42 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is very easy for LEGO to create a Mario Kart line.  Think about it. All they have to do is replace those Friends minidolls with Mario, Peach, etc minifigures :D

I would prefer a CMF series, but you're right.

I'm very excited about the possibilities here.  Huge Lego fan, huge old-school NES fan, my two favorite things from childhood coming together?  A dream!  I'd be interested in full sets, brickheadz, whatever.  I know Mario and Nintendo have a wide audience but I really hope they don't go the 4+ route like they did with the Toy Story 4 sets.  Would love a Super Mario 64 castle D2C set.  Probably too similar to the Disney castle though.  Man this is overall exciting news :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

From StoneWars...

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-super-mario-kommt/

Suggests an electronic gaming component with Mario's chest.  Also a list of set numbers and prices.  Between $9.99 and $99.99

Specifically, 14 SKUs, with a $3.99 being one of them , so potential CMF inbound. (With LEGO recently appearing in Gamestop stores, this makes perfect sense, not that it would keep the company afloat...)

Thats some good quantity right out of the gate for a new theme; they must have some long term plans. 

I also grew up in Classic NES, so I can see a line of retro and modern BHz's, Really cool architecture-esque 2D layouts from the old-gen and more modern 3D baseplate worlds. The possibilities are there only for Lego to (hopefully) not screw up. If this is a success, I can see them opening up to a LOZ, and maybe Kirby lineup (although Kirby isnt all Nintendo, like Pokemon)

Edited by CosmicSpeed

51 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Specifically, 14 SKUs, with a $3.99 being one of them , so potential CMF inbound. (With LEGO recently appearing in Gamestop stores, this makes perfect sense, not that it would keep the company afloat...)

99% chance 71361 is CMF since the description literally says Blindbag  ;)

I wonder what the 100 euro set is going to be.

I just want a Brickheadz Yoshi ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

99% chance 71361 is CMF since the description literally says Blindbag  ;)

I wonder what the 100 euro set is going to be.

I just want a Brickheadz Yoshi ;)

True, but I thought they were jumping in price to $4.99 at some point. Regardless, i'll be needing a complete set. Can you imagine if Waluigi us left out. 😉

For the $99 set, it could be awesome if they were to put together a castle a-la, minifig scale Harry Potter...but that would make A LOT of castles on the market for Lego. Maybe it will be mini-"worlds" that can connect for Mario to jump around on. They could also be modeling it after Star Wars and have little battle pack with goombas, turtles and the like.

But yes, I too want a BHZ Yoshi and hope the 9.99 and maybe the 19.99 price points are Mario, Luigi, Yoshii, Koopa Troopa, Princess Peach & Toad (Small), Bowser & Goomba (small)

35 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

For the $99 set,

If the electronic Mario is really a thing I would guess he would be in the $99 set, or the $59 set to lower the entry barrier.  I wonder if there will be an augmented reality aspect to this much like Hidden Side.  I'm not really into AR but again, if the electronic Mario is thing, I can see them trying to integrate actual "gaming" with the Lego somehow.

Updated info from Stonewars.de that I dumped into a spreadsheet.  Not sure about the possibility of BrickHeadz anymore given the high price-per-piece.  Is anyone familiar with other 9.99 sets that only have 10-13 pieces?  It's possible those could be electronic characters like in the preview video, maybe as game pieces?

August 2020 release.

image.thumb.png.bd4be46772de18897c1b9ec6c4b4c667.png

Edited by MusiKyle

21 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

Updated info from Stonewars.de that I dumped into a spreadsheet.  Not sure about the possibility of BrickHeadz anymore given the high price-per-piece.  Is anyone familiar with other 9.99 sets that only have 10-13 pieces?  It's possible those could be electronic characters like in the preview video, maybe as game pieces?

August 2020 release.

image.thumb.png.bd4be46772de18897c1b9ec6c4b4c667.png

That Duplo guess by someone earlier might go with the $9.99 for 10-13 pieces. That describes this set:

Image result for duplo minnie mouse