COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

41 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm gonna throw some gasoline on this dumpster fire 

what say you about (after FDA fully approves vaccine which is imminent) health insurance carriers declare those that choose to not vaccinate will not be covered for CV-related medical treatment?

Are you supporting Insurance not cover children?  🤦

Edited by Mathew

54 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

I do appreciate the anecdotal example. However, something tells me he was "brain damaged" from the start.  Also, most of these studies being linked are biased.    Show me a published, peer review, independent study.  You cant, because our government has outlawed the substance and controlled the narrative for 40 years. Pubmed, give me a break.

Another example.  I lived in CO when the marijuana law was passed.  (BTW, CO completely screwed that up, just my opinion).  A major snow storm came through the following winter (20+").  A friend of mine, who was a furniture store manager, was not allowed to close early and he and his team became stuck there during the storm.  Realizing they weren't going to be able to make it home safely, he went to get food for he and the team that was stuck in the store.  

He found one place that was in the process of closing but graciously got him some food to take with him.  Every road,  parking lot, etc. was vacant... except the one marijuana store he drove past.  That parking lot was packed full.  I guess you can claim the drivers of those dozen cars in that parking lot were all stupid beforehand, but I don't think that helps your argument.

BTW, I have supported legalizing marijuana for decades.  Primary reason is to get the cartels and gangs out of the drug business and to help make drugs safer.  However, all taxes received should be used for educational purposes and to help those who are addicted.  Sadly, that will never happen.  Much like prohibition, making things illegal does not stop the trade, but we need to help people live with it without it killing them.  So, if you got em, smoke em, just do so safely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

At the end of the day, I choose to "lose" a few of the 100+ Billion cells, after flexing the same brain all day.   Who are any of you to say I cannot? I eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly and routinely keep my brain active. All important factors when considering the use of MJ. All examples talked about earlier are about abusing the substance, which could go for anything, like bacon, soda or alcohol.    It wont matter how many pubmed or government sponsored 'clinical' studies you read, why do you feel you can tell anyone 'no'? 

I agree with some of what you said. If people want personal choice, they also have to deal with personal accountability. As for research, there is also a tremendous amount of money going into the cannabis industry now though, and as a result studies meant to promote it. It actually is quite likely to have some scientific health benefits that are experienced, time will tell though as to whether they outweigh the problems they might cause.

Your bacon example made me think of the people who try to justify drinking wine or eating certain chocolate because it is "heart healthy". It's okay to do it, just don't try to justify it by saying it is a healthy choice. Just admit you like to smoke pot, it's legal in something like 20 states now, so I'm guessing you aren't breaking any laws.

Society seems to be suffering from a large case of Cognitive Dissonance right now. 

See the source image

Edit: I just want to make sure that you know the last statement and picture are not directed at you BricksBrotha. I'm fully okay (I hesitate to say supportive because I don't use) with legalization. The last picture is meant because when presented with conflicting information people appear to be becoming super defensive and resorting to character assassination.

Edited by spener90

6 minutes ago, spener90 said:

I agree with some of what you said. If people want personal choice, they also have to deal with personal accountability. As for research, there is also a tremendous amount of money going into the cannabis industry now though, and as a result studies meant to promote it. It actually is quite likely to have some scientific health benefits that are experienced, time will tell though as to whether they outweigh the problems they might cause.

Your bacon example made me think of the people who try to justify drinking wine or eating certain chocolate because it is "heart healthy". It's okay to do it, just don't try to justify it by saying it is a healthy choice. Just admit you like to smoke pot, it's legal in something like 20 states now, so I'm guessing you aren't breaking any laws.

Society seems to be suffering from a large case of Cognitive Dissonance right now. 

See the source image

instead of "get rid of it"

current society is more like "that's fake info, find another source that agrees w/ us"

56 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yes, that's my exact intention...you argue like a lawyer

...not a compliment

I gotta give you props for that one.  My wife told me the exact same thing one time (and yes I'm still married to the same woman).

Edited by Mathew

1 hour ago, spener90 said:

Just admit you like to smoke pot, it's legal in something like 20 states now, so I'm guessing you aren't breaking any laws.

conflicting information people appear to be becoming super defensive and resorting to character assassination.

Reminds me of mask mandates.  Talk about super defensive! Heaven for bid people mask up for others safety. It’s all about personal freedoms.   Best part of my life, I don’t really care what you agree with. It’s when people start spewing their own beliefs and anecdotal experiences to paint broad strokes about something they don’t have any understanding.  That’s when I have problems.  And I don’t mean that in an ill feelings or in a combative way. I’ve been battling for pro MJ since the 90’s, so it’s not anything new or a societal trend. Make as many jokes or cartoons as you like to distract from the point..  Until the the fed legalizes it, yes I am breaking laws.  And no I won’t admit I like smoking pot. It’s one of the few things I thoroughly enjoy, many steps above ‘like’.  Although, I’d prefer eating it.  Here is the current selection.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I guess you don't regret it that much.

image.jpeg

Edited by BricksBrotha

14 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Reminds me of mask mandates.  Talk about super defensive! Heaven for bid people mask up for others safety. It’s all about personal freedoms.    Until the the fed legalizes it, yes I am breaking laws.  And no I won’t admit I like smoking pot. It’s one of the few things I thoroughly enjoy, many steps above ‘like’.  Although, I’d prefer eating it.  Here is the current selection.

So it's your personal freedom to break the law and do drugs but you get upset because some people don't like wearing a mask (that's technically not a law) and being treated like a criminal for not wearing one.  Gotcha.  I see that all those years of getting high have made you a very deep and rational thinker.  Also explains why you keep posting pictures of cats wearing clothes.  

Edited by Mathew

3 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

I do appreciate the anecdotal example. However, something tells me he was "brain damaged" from the start.  Also, most of these studies being linked are biased.    Show me a published, peer review, independent study.  You cant, because our government has outlawed the substance and controlled the narrative for 40 years. Pubmed, give me a break.

That is why I stated earlier, until the US government removes MJ from the scheduled list of drugs and legalizes it, I will not trust any study funded or conducted by any agencies, groups or nonprofits.  All of which are only 'allowed' to report their findings in certain narrative.   

Maybe hard to follow, but an analogy is Pet food.  I work in the Pet health industry and I can tell you we slowly kill our pets from food, yet spend ungodly amounts of money on treatments and dr visits. when in reality, a fresh, healthy diet would be the best course of treatment.    Check out all the studies saying this is the #1 brand Pet food, this is grain free, yadda yadda yadda. Blue Buffalo is the biggest offender.  Guess who sponsors all of the food studies and pays for Veterinarian's stamp of approval and 'Highly' recommend those brands?  Nestle/Purina, Mars Petcare, Hills nutrition, Imams etc. are behind every single study.  Dogs should be living a minimum of 15 years and Cats 20, yet here we are treating 5 year old labs for skin disorders and 8 year old cats with thyroid issues. 

Well no different with the the studies linked.  The narrative is being controlled, the groups studied are limited. I hear people yelling "brain dead, loss of fertility, underdeveloped children, see a trend?!?   

"The narrative is being controlled..."  LOL....You sound like a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist.  Welcome to the club.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mathew said:

So it's your personal freedom to break the law and do drugs but you get upset because some people don't like wearing a mask (that's technically not a law) and being treated like a criminal for not wearing one.  Gotcha.  I see that all those years of getting high have made you a very deep and rational thinker.  Also explains why you keep posting pictures of cats wearing clothes.  

My choice does not effect other people, not wearing a mask does. Plain and simple.  Enough with the name calling or carry on.

What is there nothing for you to watch on netflix these days?

21 minutes ago, Mathew said:

"The narrative is being controlled..."  LOL....You sound like a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist.  Welcome to the club.

It sounds like that because you are out of your element.  You have no research, no data, nothing but personal experience and name calling.  Meanwhile, the war on MJ is well documented.  My goodness, I think you have taken the gauntlet for biggest troll (not name calling, an actual term for specific online behavior) on this website, and that says ALOT!

image.png.a2126f21537b147dd8c9ea4e63fc6230.png  

Let us keep the mudslinging to a minimum please. The subject for the past few pages may not be to everyone's liking but at least the general tone and language used for the most part has read like a discussion going back & forth. However when members instead start attacking each other over the conversation, the topic will be locked. And honestly I rather not have that.

There is plenty wrong as there is right in the world. This topic is a place to talk with each other about such things. Not amplify them unto one another.

• Like 6

can always talk about my medical adventures instead.  Went for a rheumatologist appt that turned into a walk over to next building to set up cardiologist appt which actually took me on the spot.

Then those 2 talked and are so intrigued with the case they talked about it and had us transfer all records over to them.  Now have a double dermatologist biopsy set up for the morning followed by an afternoon Echo and Carotid ultrasound followed up by a Heart MRI next week.

4 appts in 2 days is even a record for me.    So everyone is in agreement its sarcoidosis.  Not to many are convinced its neuro sarcoid and want to rule out the heart being affected by it.  Also some mentions of TIA's being the original events and possible vasculitis.

The saga continues...

can always talk about my medical adventures instead.  Went for a rheumatologist appt that turned into a walk over to next building to set up cardiologist appt which actually took me on the spot.
Then those 2 talked and are so intrigued with the case they talked about it and had us transfer all records over to them.  Now have a double dermatologist biopsy set up for the morning followed by an afternoon Echo and Carotid ultrasound followed up by a Heart MRI next week.
4 appts in 2 days is even a record for me.    So everyone is in agreement its sarcoidosis.  Not to many are convinced its neuro sarcoid and want to rule out the heart being affected by it.  Also some mentions of TIA's being the original events and possible vasculitis.
The saga continues...

I hate to “like” your post, but I’m glad you’ve decided to share your journey with us.

In my experience, finding a doctor or two who decides your “mystery” illness is something they are called to solve is a very good thing.
  • Like 8

Come on guys, if we are exploring conspiracies lets at least make them interesting...

Dinosaurs could not f***

Pandas are not real

Michelle Obama is a man

And the juiciest conspiracy I've caught wind of... 

The brick-folio is still live, but only accessible by a special invite

10 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

The saga continues...

Getting answers at this point is probably one of the best outcomes.  I'm still praying for you and the doctors working with you to determine a course of treatment to restore your health in full.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Let us keep the mudslinging to a minimum please. The subject for the past few pages may not be to everyone's liking but at least the general tone and language used for the most part has read like a discussion going back & forth. However when members instead start attacking each other over the conversation, the topic will be locked. And honestly I rather not have that.

There is plenty wrong as there is right in the world. This topic is a place to talk with each other about such things. Not amplify them unto one another.

Maybe direct that to the single (two?) pop tarts that keep insulting others?

18 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Think of this, eating bacon has been proven to cause cancer.  Have you stopped eating bacon? Do we mandate/control Bacon? Of course not. A person could go eat bacon until they die and people would say 'He chose his life! Yet, someone eating a plant should be thrown in jail or fined?  

First time I heard about this.  Can you provide the published & peer reviewed study on this, please ?  I am not being facetious, I am genuinely curious about this.

18 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Maybe hard to follow, but an analogy is Pet food.  I work in the Pet health industry and I can tell you we slowly kill our pets from food, yet spend ungodly amounts of money on treatments and dr visits. when in reality, a fresh, healthy diet would be the best course of treatment.    Check out all the studies saying this is the #1 brand Pet food, this is grain free, yadda yadda yadda. Blue Buffalo is the biggest offender.  Guess who sponsors all of the food studies and pays for Veterinarian's stamp of approval and 'Highly' recommend those brands?  Nestle/Purina, Mars Petcare, Hills nutrition, Imams etc. are behind every single study.  Dogs should be living a minimum of 15 years and Cats 20, yet here we are treating 5 year old labs for skin disorders and 8 year old cats with thyroid issues. 

Well no different with the the studies linked.  The narrative is being controlled, the groups studied are limited. I hear people yelling "brain dead, loss of fertility, underdeveloped children, see a trend?!? 

Now expand that same analogy to how hydrogenated oil has been promoted to be safe for mass consumptions.  Who benefitted from it?  There have been mass manipulation going on in the food industry for very long time.  One just needs to step outside of their comfort zone and honestly ponders "what else are being manipulated by government and the big industry?" 

12 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

The saga continues...

And some people think doctors are cool etc etc.  They are just NERDS !!!!

eb027749b41b18e8b05caec8e0165a80.jpg

I am glad you have 2 very curious experts looking at your condition.  To me, curiosity is the best motivation for solving an unknown.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1