COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

9 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Wearing a mask is idiotic, wearing one whilst driving with no one in the car is plain braindead.

I guess a zombie apocalypse isn't that far fetched afterall, we already got braindead zombies within 2 years without an actual zombie virus. Whoever achieved this state we're in right now: pure class. I mean it. You guys are the ultimate joksters. Keep up the work, it'll only get funnier as time goes on.

This guy helps keep me sane during these trying times: https://youtube.com/user/AwakenWithJP

Warning ⚠️ JP will probably offend the soft minded liberals on this forum 😉 

Edited by Mathew

7 hours ago, Mathew said:

Online liberal 101:  If you've got nothing to add to the debate just bring out the Fox News Trump card.  But at least I don't wear a mask while driving in the car by myself.  

Classic old man at the clouds, keep wrapping that house of yours in tin foil while the suits steal your freedoms.  

And who brought trump into this? Oh yea, YOU. 

14 hours ago, Mathew said:

You lose IQ points regardless of how you consume it. Might be another reason states have been so eager to legalize it. 🤫

You are so far off the rocker, you are quoting Reagan area policies.  ‘Gateway drug’ I think the people you are referring to are people with addictive personalities.  In that case, Coffee is a gateway drug, Alcohol is the biggest gateway drug.  Sounds like you are so stuck in the 80’s, meanwhile cannabis has literally been proven to induce death in CANCER cells, decrease tumor size, vascularization, and induce tumor regression. 
We are are talking about a plant that’s been documented and used for 1000s of years,  regardless of your opinion formed from 46years on this rock we call earth.  People like you is why Cannabis has been crippled in clinical studies. But as you mentioned, luckily people are waking up and this is changing.  

15 hours ago, Mathew said:

I’ve known enough dope heads to see that weed eats away at your personality and ability to rationalize. 

My example of foxtards was simply that it eats away at their personality and ability to rationalize.  

True keyboard warrior going scorched earth here, sounds like someone is upset Netflix writers are catering to Women and LGBTQ and not white hetero 46 year old males. 🤦‍♂️

14 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I don’t see how the mob or countless other organized crime outfits will survive this transition.

It’s simple, organized crime are adding more and more hackers to their payroll as ‘muscle’.  To think crime will be curtailed by crypto is yet another utopian dream being pushed by investors.  Who pays the ransom to unlock the fed platforms, taxpayers?  Obviously

To clarify:  There’s medical and recreational use of marijuana. I have nothing against medical use. However I believe that it is reckless to legalize recreational use of marijuana based on my own experiences with the drug and those that habitually use it.  

39 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Why even bother interacting with the tin foilers?

Agreed. 

There are no conspiracies, the world is a good, righteous & peaceful place. Everyone on this planet is a person of decency & respect. We are all the same, we all have the same chances in life, we all pursue the same goals. Differences are a myth. Our actions are generally benefitting everyone, we never work for ourself, that's not a trait that can in any way be linked to us. Humans are the most caring & anti-egoistic beings on this planet. 100%.

We have never ever experienced any form of viciousness, violence or treacherous behaviour in the last few thousands of years in human history, especially not from our leaders. To even think someone could possibly be evil, too powerful, working against society & its values is completely outlandish & people who think that should be openly verbally abused & excluded from society. We are civilized, rational, decent beings in our core, this cannot be changed in any way. We cannot tolerate any form of appropriate criticism, even if it may be for our own good, we don't care. 

This spinning blue ball we're on is spinning just fine, don't worry. Everything is under control. Not under OUR control, but that's totally OK. I don't care, so you shouldn't care.

Now excuse me, time for me to bash some tinfoils on Twitter, those guys are so detached from reality.

Edited by elmaslıefendi

4 minutes ago, Mathew said:

To clarify:  There’s medical and recreational use of marijuana. I have nothing against medical use. However I believe that it is reckless to legalize recreational use of marijuana based on my own experiences with the drug and those that habitually use it.  

The libertarian in me thinks that's your problem. Its not the same for everyone. I know people that can't control their eating, so should we prohibit deep fried Oreos?

12 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

The libertarian in me thinks that's your problem. Its not the same for everyone. I know people that can't control their eating, so should we prohibit deep fried Oreos?

I actually think anything that grows naturally should be legal. But I don’t endorse the government opening dispensaries for recreational sales. Basically if someone wants to grow a few plants for their own use, fine. But the government profiting from is shady at best. 

Edited by Mathew

15 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I actually think anything that grows naturally should be legal. But I don’t endorse the legalization of government recreational use. Basically if someone wants to grow a few plants for their own use, fine. But the government profiting from is shady at best. 

Can you expand on the shady aspect?

21 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I’m referring to plants and fungi that grow naturally and do not involve a manufacturing process to extract the chemicals from. 

How about your take on the thousands of Government run Liquor stores?  Selling a scientifically classified 'Poison' for profit.  

Long-Term Health Risks of alcohol exposure: High blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, liver disease, and digestive problems. Cancer of the breast, mouth, throat, esophagus, voice box, liver, colon, and rectum.

You know the same substance that exponentially increases the likely hood of aggression, domestic violence and driving accidents.

You anecdotally keep saying how MJ lowers IQ.  Do you have any scientific data or published studies to back up this claim or are they based on your home townies?  Interestingly, there is current long term studies being conducted in Jamaica on pregnant women who habitually use MJ.  You should check it out.  

Adverse health effects of marijuana use - PubMed (nih.gov)

The cannabis experiment - PubMed (nih.gov)

Marijuana, the Endocannabinoid System and the Female Reproductive System - PubMed (nih.gov)

Medical uses of marijuana (Cannabis sativa): fact or fallacy? - PubMed (nih.gov)

Marijuana, phytocannabinoids, the endocannabinoid system, and male fertility. - Abstract - Europe PMC

Marijuana use starting in youth linked to IQ loss - PubMed (nih.gov)

A few quick searches can show that there are plenty of poor consequences to cannabis use. I totally get that it isn't all bad, and there will actually be some pretty amazing things that happen, especially as they better isolate different properties.

I generally agree that alcohol is also extremely bad for your health, and as a result I neither drink or smoke. The big difference I find, is I can sit with a friend who is having a drink and have no negative consequences assuming they don't get behind the wheel. On the other hand, if I sat with a friend while they smoked MJ, I would definitely be impacted. The biggest think I worry about is the impact on children, I often walk through inner city parks in the Cincinnati area, and the amount of people "Hot boxing" or getting high with kids around them.

The most important thing you can do for yourself though is make educated decisions to the best of your ability, and show compassion to others when they come to a different conclusion.

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

I’m referring to plants and fungi that grow naturally and do not involve a manufacturing process to extract the chemicals from. 

Poison Ivy?

1 hour ago, lazuli16 said:

You know what isn't from plants, Oreos. 

See the source image

48 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

How about your take on the thousands of Government run Liquor stores?  Selling a scientifically classified 'Poison' for profit.  

Long-Term Health Risks of alcohol exposure: High blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, liver disease, and digestive problems. Cancer of the breast, mouth, throat, esophagus, voice box, liver, colon, and rectum.

You know the same substance that exponentially increases the likely hood of aggression, domestic violence and driving accidents.

You anecdotally keep saying how MJ lowers IQ.  Do you have any scientific data or published studies to back up this claim or are they based on your home townies?  Interestingly, there is current long term studies being conducted in Jamaica on pregnant women who habitually use MJ.  You should check it out.  

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/what-are-marijuanas-long-term-effects-brain

On a side note, I worked at a class-3 airport with a guy who bragged about how much marijuana he smoked in his younger years.  He is the only pilot I know to crash a plane - not once, but twice.  Frist time - he landed a 9-passenger twin engine with the gear up.  Destroyed the aircraft but he and the co-pilot walked away.  You can argue the co-pilot should have caught the error, but he didn't and was fired.  The pilot quit after the crash landing.  The second time - same guy (working for the same company 10 years later... *facepalm*) ran out of gas and again destroyed an aircraft, ripping one of the mains completely out of the wing and another prop strike.  He claimed he didn't know that engine was a high-performance engine burning 10 gal/hr instead of the stock 8 gal/hr.  Except, in order to be checked out to fly solo in any aircraft, you need to know everything about the aircraft especially how fast it burns gas.  I worked the ground crew and even I knew how fast that aircraft burned gas.  In the end, they blamed the mechanic and somehow this pilot kept his license.  We jokingly called the guy "brain damaged".  We would even sing it to the James Bond theme song for Goldfinger.  "They call him Brain Damaged ..."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

I do appreciate the anecdotal example. However, something tells me he was "brain damaged" from the start.  Also, most of these studies being linked are biased.    Show me a published, peer review, independent study.  You cant, because our government has outlawed the substance and controlled the narrative for 40 years. Pubmed, give me a break.

That is why I stated earlier, until the US government removes MJ from the scheduled list of drugs and legalizes it, I will not trust any study funded or conducted by any agencies, groups or nonprofits.  All of which are only 'allowed' to report their findings in certain narrative.   

Maybe hard to follow, but an analogy is Pet food.  I work in the Pet health industry and I can tell you we slowly kill our pets from food, yet spend ungodly amounts of money on treatments and dr visits. when in reality, a fresh, healthy diet would be the best course of treatment.    Check out all the studies saying this is the #1 brand Pet food, this is grain free, yadda yadda yadda. Blue Buffalo is the biggest offender.  Guess who sponsors all of the food studies and pays for Veterinarian's stamp of approval and 'Highly' recommend those brands?  Nestle/Purina, Mars Petcare, Hills nutrition, Imams etc. are behind every single study.  Dogs should be living a minimum of 15 years and Cats 20, yet here we are treating 5 year old labs for skin disorders and 8 year old cats with thyroid issues. 

Well no different with the the studies linked.  The narrative is being controlled, the groups studied are limited. I hear people yelling "brain dead, loss of fertility, underdeveloped children, see a trend?!?   

Bottom line, we need more research.   And I do appreciate the dialogue, truly.  

Think of this, eating bacon has been proven to cause cancer.  Have you stopped eating bacon? Do we mandate/control Bacon? Of course not. A person could go eat bacon until they die and people would say 'He chose his life! Yet, someone eating a plant should be thrown in jail or fined?  

At the end of the day, I choose to "lose" a few of the 100+ Billion cells, after flexing the same brain all day.   Who are any of you to say I cannot? I eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly and routinely keep my brain active. All important factors when considering the use of MJ. All examples talked about earlier are about abusing the substance, which could go for anything, like bacon, soda or alcohol.    It wont matter how many pubmed or government sponsored 'clinical' studies you read, why do you feel you can tell anyone 'no'? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

This thread has gone dark.  I regret starting it.

Maybe a mod can kindly lock it for a day while we all retreat to some common ground and kumbaya?

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm gonna throw some gasoline on this dumpster fire 

what say you about (after FDA fully approves vaccine which is imminent) health insurance carriers declare those that choose to not vaccinate will not be covered for CV-related medical treatment?

I guess you don't regret it that much.

• Confused 1