Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals

Bold-Arrow

4 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

anyone else surprised to still see docks and train available?

Ninjago City Docks is sold out in EU, not sure if it was even on sale

also seems they are out of little Batmobiles as I get only the Tree when I put the big Batmobile to my cart

2 minutes ago, eliminator said:

I love Lego, trains, and Disney parks...and even I am somewhat hesitant to buy, even at 30% off. But I did, obviously!

Basically just a rich kid's toyset....

Yep. I think anytime a set retails for $150+, most normal parents would give it a lot of thought even if that were to be the only Xmas present for their kid.

Relatively rich parents (or relatively rich AFOLs!) are the only ones who'd buy this at retail without a second thought.

4 hours ago, marcinj said:

or because of the small set?

This.  I kept debating with myself.  I wanted the small set and that's it.  Figured the big set too difficult to resell quickly so I just bought the small set now on eBay for $49.99 free ship.  If it's "worth" $29.99 I'll throw an extra $20 at it to not tie up $250 and be done with it.  It may go below $49.99 on the race to the bottom but I felt that was a good enough deal for me.

Lying in bed at 1am EST trying to order on my phone, it looked like I got most of the way through but it wasn't working (ordering Disney Train). Tried again this morning and it went through. It should have caught my attention when it said the $5 VIP code was already used... Anyway, now both orders have gone through and I'm hemming and hawing about whether to try to cancel one (no cancel option online as far as I can see). It's an issue of my husband seeing a credit card bill of almost $500. Plus I want to put in an order later to get the mini gingerbread GWP... Decisions decisions...

I ordered in the first place because my 72 year old mom, who I got into Lego, wants the minifigs...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CathyVT said:

Lying in bed at 1am EST trying to order on my phone, it looked like I got most of the way through but it wasn't working (ordering Disney Train). Tried again this morning and it went through. It should have caught my attention when it said the $5 VIP code was already used... Anyway, now both orders have gone through and I'm hemming and hawing about whether to try to cancel one (no cancel option online as far as I can see). It's an issue of my husband seeing a credit card bill of almost $500. Plus I want to put in an order later to get the mini gingerbread GWP... Decisions decisions...

I ordered in the first place because my 72 year old mom, who I got into Lego, wants the minifigs...

AFAIK you can call to cancel but maybe no dice if it's already "in the warehouse".

If so, the simplest alternative is to refuse one package when delivered, it goes back to Lego and they credit you back in full without any hassle.

1 minute ago, izx said:

AFAIK you can call to cancel but maybe no dice if it's already "in the warehouse".

If so, the simplest alternative is to refuse one package when delivered, it goes back to Lego and they credit you back in full without any hassle.

I was able to call and cancel my order for the 5 trains I didn't mean to purchase last night and the status was "In Warehouse", so there may still be time. 

2 minutes ago, izx said:

Yeah, both say in the warehouse (even the one that was ordered less than an hour ago). If they normally leave packages at my door, without me there, how do I refuse it if I'm not home? I chatted just now with customer service, and they say neither order can be cancelled. They offered a free return label. I said I'd think about it (they said I could have a free return label later, in a few days, if I want it - is that normal, free returns?)

I should probably just "man up" and accept it for quick flip, maybe locally so as not to deal with shipping such a huge box (already planning on breaking up the first set)

2 minutes ago, CathyVT said:

Yeah, both say in the warehouse (even the one that was ordered less than an hour ago). If they normally leave packages at my door, without me there, how do I refuse it if I'm not home? I chatted just now with customer service, and they say neither order can be cancelled. They offered a free return label. I said I'd think about it (they said I could have a free return label later, in a few days, if I want it - is that normal, free returns?)

I should probably just "man up" and accept it for quick flip, maybe locally so as not to deal with shipping such a huge box (already planning on breaking up the first set)

On the plus side, assuming they ship quickly, I can use all the VIP points towards my order on the 6th to get the mini gingerbread GWP... (so I'm leaning more towards manning up)

2 minutes ago, legorunner said:

Does LEGO have any in-store doorbusters today beyond the 30% sets? I know there is the extra promo set - any other sale items? 

ISD is 20% off here at the brand store. Not sure if that will feed through to you guys or online but we have all been getting the same sets reduced just on different days.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CathyVT said:

> how do I refuse it if I'm not home?

> is that normal, free returns?

Simple. Lego usually uses Fedex, so go to your nearest Fedex location -- Fedex Office is ideal, a shipping/packing place that takes Fedex good and worst case Walgreens or Office Depot take them too. Let them know you are refusing the package and it was dropped off without signature.

Sometimes, you can call Fedex too while the package is in transit and ask them to return to sender. They will probably say the sender (i.e. Lego) has to initiate a recall, but worth a shot.

Worst case, slap the free label they send you on top of the existing label and drop it off at a Fedex location for return to Lego (ask for the return label right away -- you're not committing to anything even if you decide to "man up"). And yes, return labels are a common courtesy if you politely ask.

Edit: if you decide to keep it, parting out train/station/minifigures is quite profitable -- the figures alone are going for between $80-100 buy-it-now on eBay.

Edited by izx

1 hour ago, Jimking23 said:

I have never had a harder time at LEGO Shop at Home. Does anyone remember worse?

There have been several.  The last one I remember was the Millennium Falcon.  The site was an atrocious mess.  The set was constantly getting errors, the set was in and out of stock because of errors.  It took several hours before I could even get it added to the cart.

This is a very common occurence during any highly anticipated release/sale.