Ideas #027: 21319 - Friends Central Perk

51 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

This is crazy, has there ever been this much overhype for a LEGO set before?

amazon have completely removed the listing now, LEGO Shop at Home now shows “OOS”  a short while ago it showed “temporarily OOS”

I sure regret not jumping on it, almost did! Congrats to those that saw this coming!

and now Jennifer Aniston (using her brand spanking new IG account) posted a pick of her mf w/ Ross mf behind Phoebe's piano...LEGO could not buy such great marketing...this set could seriously take off even more if OOS holds...must be like the CHinese New Year Sets in terms of many complex and difficult to manufacture pieces...LEGO must be stuck deciding whether to mess up their manufacturing orders going into the holiday season and simply retiring early for the free pubicity...I could see a savvy marketing strategist planning on cutting production short on this set and then releasing a Seinfeld or Office set (and over-producing the heck out of them) to be scooped up resellers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Legorical said:

This is crazy, has there ever been this much overhype for a LEGO set before?

amazon have completely removed the listing now, LEGO Shop at Home now shows “OOS”  a short while ago it showed “temporarily OOS”

I sure regret not jumping on it, almost did! Congrats to those that saw this coming!

Image result for they'll be back and in greater numbers gif

34 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

and now Jennifer Aniston (using her brand spanking new IG account) posted a pick of her mf w/ Ross mf behind Phoebe's piano...LEGO could not buy such great marketing...this set could seriously take off even more if OOS holds...must be like the CHinese New Year Sets in terms of many complex and difficult to manufacture pieces...LEGO must be stuck deciding whether to mess up their manufacturing orders going into the holiday season and simply retiring early for the free pubicity...I could see a savvy marketing strategist planning on cutting production short on this set and then releasing a Seinfeld or Office set (and over-producing the heck out of them) to be scooped up resellers.  

$55 by next summer, calling it now. The Minecraft Microworld set was similar the first year out, now they barely hold value. Overproduction can do a lot.

35 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Seriously?  You know nothing happens “by accident” in the corporate world... whilst not traded publicly, TLG  are a very aggressive company.... 

2 hours ago, FM said:

Well, my order came in. I feel like I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go. Is there any history of Amazon pulling a listing on a new set launch that went to 4x RRP? BTW, the set is HUGE for the price. Kudos TLG.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Same here. Ive only been in this 10 years, but I've never seen this kind of mayhem. I suspect they priced it wrong, makes BBT look like a shrimp in all ways, size/weight & PPP

1 hour ago, Al Legorical said:

:offtopic:  curious what was the 327 in?

1979 Camaro RS - customized for SCCA auto-cross racing (E-Street Prepared Class.  Technically not legal for the class - should have had a 350 in it - but everyone agreed smaller cid didn't give me an advantage).

Was 100% street legal and could pull 1.3 G's in a corner.  I.E. 45 MPH clover-leaf off-ramp - I could go into it @ 90 MPH with no need to use the brakes.  0-60 was around 6.5 secs w/ 4:11 posi - lol, 10 MPG on the hwy.  When using the 3:36 posi, top speed was 140+ MPH - could get 20 MPG on the hwy.  TH350 auto trans. (Couldn't find an add-on O.D. that could safely handle the demands of racing). 

Lot of fun to drive for a 3200 lb car.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, exracer327 said:

1979 Camaro RS - customized for SCCA auto-cross racing (E-Street Prepared Class.  Technically not legal for the class - should have had a 350 in it - but everyone agreed smaller cid didn't give me an advantage).

Was 100% street legal and could pull 1.3 G's in a corner.  I.E. 45 MPH clover-leaf off-ramp - I could go into it @ 90 MPH with no need to use the brakes.  0-60 was around 6.5 secs w/ 4:11 posi - lol, 10 MPG on the hwy.  When using the 3:36 posi, top speed was 140+ MPH - could get 20 MPG on the hwy.  TH350 auto trans. (Couldn't find an add-on O.D. that could safely handle the demands of racing). 

Lot of fun to drive for a 3200 lb car.  

Thanks for sharing :) sounds like a whole load of fun! 

• Like 1

Got an email reminding about Double VIP points going on right now and right in the middle is Central Perk with a Buy Now button... wonder if they're ready to flush a bit more stock... would seem odd to send a promotional email including an obviously hot item if there's none in stock and no immediate plan for replenishment.  I also found it interesting that a week or two ago when they got that second batch in there was a "email me when in stock" option on the product page.  Hadn't seen Lego do that before.  No link now though.

5 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Got an email reminding about Double VIP points going on right now and right in the middle is Central Perk with a Buy Now button... wonder if they're ready to flush a bit more stock... would seem odd to send a promotional email including an obviously hot item if there's none in stock and no immediate plan for replenishment.  I also found it interesting that a week or two ago when they got that second batch in there was a "email me when in stock" option on the product page.  Hadn't seen Lego do that before.  No link now though.

I'd pretty much echo exactly what you said about advertising and expecting more stock, the "alert me when in stock" the last time it was OOS, etc. The only additional thing that I thought I'd mention is that on the listing now it says that there is limited stock in some LEGO branded stores. This may be common wording for an OOS item, but I don't shop enough on Lego.com to know if that's unusual for this item.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:51 PM, sbull97 said:

Just started my set that came in from their last restock. Realized my book is missing 17 pages.  Was wondering if anybody else has found this?

just to refresh: Has any one else had missing pages from this restock? I wouldn't want to move one on to an eventual upset buyer. Mine from that restock.

4 hours ago, Al Legorical said:

The one I opened is complete and came from that batch

It actually floored me. I have put together a ton of sets and never had a book missing pages. I’ve seen the instructions jump around a little but to be missing 17 pages? Just really surprised  me.  Glad they have the instructions available digitally.