Ideas #027: 21319 - Friends Central Perk

FWIW: Was in my local LEGO store today picking up some Mr. Redlegs, and in the 20 minutes I spent there 5+ of these sets sold. They were enforcing a strict 1 per customer policy as well. One lady tried buying one extra "for her sister" and got denied.

Seems to be a hot commodity.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, Phil B said:

FWIW: Was in my local LEGO store today picking up some Mr. Redlegs, and in the 20 minutes I spent there 5+ of these sets sold. They were enforcing a strict 1 per customer policy as well. One lady tried buying one extra "for her sister" and got denied.

Seems to be a hot commodity.

ASIN: B07XLF8XXR

You might wanna go grab one of those Phil..and everyone else 

they sell pretty much instantly @ $250 fba.  not quite as good as 5x msrp $100 research institutes which were moving like hotcakes the weekend after the NYTimes 2014 cover story but still easy money that may or may not dry up.  only the uber-friends fans are out to get these now but if the big bang theory can make it to $148, wtf knows how high friends gets once its Nov-Dec and people want what they can't have/or find.  PIVOT! someone's gotta big dream pricing at $399.

roll the dice and hope no mid-october-november wide retail release.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, cladner said:

they sell pretty much instantly @ $250 fba.  not quite as good as 5x msrp $100 research institutes which were moving like hotcakes the weekend after the NYTimes 2014 cover story but still easy money that may or may not dry up.  only the uber-friends fans are out to get these now but if the big bang theory can make it to $148, wtf knows how high friends gets once its Nov-Dec and people want what they can't have/or find.  PIVOT! someone's gotta big dream pricing at $399.

roll the dice and hope no mid-october-november wide retail release.

I think I'd sell now. This could go back to $60 in no time at all. Not saying Lego will crank more out quickly, but it is a possibility.

9 minutes ago, spener90 said:

I think I'd sell now. This could go back to $60 in no time at all. Not saying Lego will crank more out quickly, but it is a possibility.

oh i definitely sold now.  i mean whether or not to accrue more heading into the peak demand season.  it could go either way. i think the  demand (both intrinsic and qfll) will wipe out any msrp retail stock of 21319

roll the dice and take home your snow glow elsa ( though this turned out to be ok investment lol lowest in price fba $87). 

image.thumb.jpeg.358e7a7e672df57ed60ca986a0076094.jpegImage result for man crying hysterically gif

Edited by cladner

I occasionally check out these 13x19 wooden plaques at Wal-Mart, I was able to find all three movie "posters" of Star Wars OT a year ago, I get my daughter one occassionally if there's a Disney one she likes, Harry Potter one's for my wife.  Yesterday I noticed this Central Perk one.  Just interesting to see "Friends"-related products appearing in other areas.  Help assess overall popularity and we're already seeing it with the sold out set, here's some more.  Interesting.

20190924_174711.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle
Typo

2 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

I occasionally check out these 13x19 wooden plaques at Wal-Mart, I was able to find all three movie "posters" of Star Wars OT a year ago, I get my daughter one occassionally if there's a Disney one she likes, Harry Potter one's for my wife.  Yesterday I noticed this Central Perk one.  Just interesting to see "Friends"-related products appearing in other areas.  Help assess overall popularity and we're already seeing it with the sold out set, here's some more.  Interesting.

20190924_174711.jpg

Pottery barn has a Friends furniture line.

ralph Lauren has overpriced Friends clothing line.

lots of licensing going on with big streaming deals and 25th anniversary hype in the media.

hoping I don’t get a nasty review dipping in the quick flip.

Edited by cladner

21 minutes ago, cladner said:

I'm kicking myself for not getting one when I had the chance.  Nice price-to-part, looked all right, sitting there in my cart during VIP presale, I remove it from my cart thinking meh I'll get one later... right, once the market is flooded like Saturn V (which I remember selling out in similar fashion and being out for a while).

36 minutes ago, cladner said:

Pottery barn has a Friends furniture line.

ralph Lauren has overpriced Friends clothing line.

lots of licensing going on with big streaming deals and 25th anniversary hype in the media.

I get that different people have different tastes and whatnot, but the overwhelming love for this TV show still baffles me. It was ok when it was on but has aged horribly. For me this ranks up there with Barenaked Ladies as unfathomable 90s pop culture triumphs. Don't @ me.

Image result for community barenaked ladies quote

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

I'm kicking myself for not getting one when I had the chance.  Nice price-to-part, looked all right, sitting there in my cart during VIP presale, I remove it from my cart thinking meh I'll get one later... right, once the market is flooded like Saturn V (which I remember selling out in similar fashion and being out for a while).

i bought 2 on each of my kids accounts, was planning on flipping 2, giving 2 as gifts  <buzzer sound>.  lol - well maybe next year.

i think the qffl stink is on this one.  now that the chum is churning, any  retail sightings should be brief.  won't stay this high but demand is strong with a decent sales rank of 321 and only being supplied by 3p seller.  right now only the lego geeks know about this.  once one of the Friends actors/actresses builds the set with their minifigure character and puts it up on social media, then i would expect the demand and price to start to really climb even higher - especially if we get aniston and cox  to do this -  and if this is one of those rare wonderful instances where they grossly undermake the set. boom.

Edited by cladner

So just visited eBay, first thing pops up is “Central Perk” for $199.50... and he/she has sold 68 copies! Assuming paid retail of $60. That is one sweet deal (not for the buyer - what dummies!!)

congrats “brickolodon” ?

That set is going to be so over purchased, I don’t see it getting to that price in years after EOL

gets even better looks like they haven’t even bought them yet, delivery mid November!

Edited by Al Legorical

Who cares about the price years after EOL when you're making money now as a QFLL?

Three things:

Brickolodon is a member here.

The buyers are valued customers, not dummies.

The currently listed price is not necessarily indicative of what all 68 copies sold at. Could have been much less when they were in hand to ship. 

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

Not everyone looks to be pleased with the transactions

asda.thumb.JPG.f3ee3a889d2d94e71a867f5558728962.JPG

That seems odd, seller has thousands of sales, why suddenly screw it allup?

@minicoopers11 I see what you mean, my bad making assumptions. I suspect those that are parting with 200 bucks aren’t reading the anticipated  delivery date!  I’ll retract “dummies” 

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I am not brave enough to do pre-orders like this.  It is going to be tough to get 30-50 copies by end of October to fulfill those orders

Me neither, that said In “normal” investing. The expression “fortune favors the brave” does have merit.

My guess is counting on profuse apologies to keep them happy until fulfilled