Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Not sure if this is note worthy... stopped in my local TRU today and was surprised by a solid restock of the entire JW line (short of RE, of course).  Had an end cap full of at least 15 or 20 each of the smaller sets, maybe 10 T-rex, and 4 I-Rex. Their last restock maybe?... or will JW continue as a TRU "exclusive" for a while?   ... or just an anecdotal "fluke" at one store?

Not sure if this is note worthy... stopped in my local TRU today and was surprised by a solid restock of the entire JW line (short of RE, of course).  Had an end cap full of at least 15 or 20 each of the smaller sets, maybe 10 T-rex, and 4 I-Rex. Their last restock maybe?... or will JW continue as a TRU "exclusive" for a while?   ... or just an anecdotal "fluke" at one store?

Whoo Hoo! $170 Indominus Rex's for everyone!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kenxxx said:

Does online TRU "Find it Near Me" confirm the same thing? My store shows no JW sets in stock. But I haven't been in several weeks.

1 hour ago, Kenxxx said:

Which is your nearest international airport?

• Like 1

One of my stores had a good amount of stock a few weeks ago.  But I can get them cheaper from 3rd party sellers.  If they EVER run a 20% off again, I will be spending a ton of money.  I've seen a bunch of sets that I'd scoop up if I could stack my 20% off GCs with a 20% off coupon.  Oh, the good ol days of stacking 20% with 15% coupons on TRUTH with a 20% GC.  

Edited by Loghamel
  • Like 1

For those who don't know how it works at tru : the quantity of any given item available for instore lookup is determined by each store's manager . The fact that it shows zero online doesn't alway indicate zero quantity on the shelf . just that it is below the threshold that the manager set or even choose not to offer it online all together . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kenxxx said:

Please tell me you checked the seals

giphy.gif

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

For those who don't know how it works at tru : the quantity of any given item available for instore lookup is determined by each store's manager . The fact that it shows zero online doesn't alway indicate zero quantity on the shelf . just that it is below the threshold that the manager set or even choose not to offer it online all together . 

I had a manager claim the threshold was universally 3 to show up online in the 'search stores near me'.  This was at a store where I went to customer service to see if it could be ordered online and shipped to the store for pickup, because it supposedly wasn't available anywhere in the maxium radius online.  He told me the threshold was 3 and he offered to look it up in the system for me in order to tell me what other stores nearby had quantities of 1 or 2, despite showing zero online, and then he discovered that they had 1 copy themselves, which we found hidden behind some other boxes.  If true, and not arbitrary, the nice thing about that would be that if the 1 item on the shelf is banged up, you could have some confidence that they had at least 2 items in the back that might be in better shape and without the spider marks.

'It' in this story was an Xbox bundle.

Edited by hockeyweasel

The entire line is at toys r us online, so obviously there could have been a last shipment of stock to them, or Lego sold their last batch directly to toys r us right as they retired the line at the end of the year. 

The entire theme is no longer active on lego.com, and IR, and RE are marked as retired, along with the dimensions sets.  But, RR, Trex, DA, and PA are still listed as "out of stock".  So, who knows... I did see a few of the sets at my local TRU when I went there this weekend.

Regardless, this theme has gone up in value over the last two months as stock dwindled everywhere.  I don't really want anymore stock in this theme unless there is some blowout deal, but I think the future does bode nicely for this theme especially the holiday season this year up until the new movie in the summer of 2018.  The biggest risk I suppose is that Lego gets the license again, and when they make new sets, they reuse the same Dino molds again.  That would crater any value for these initial sets.  But, I suspect if JW2 is a lego licensed theme (no word if that is the case), then one would suspect we will see other dino molds in it.  Although the risk of another batch of sets with raptors and trexes is real, I suspect.  But, the other characters including the Indomonous rex should be exclusive to JW1, and I don't see a remake of at least 3 of the 6 sets. 

I almost hope Lego gets the license for the last 2 films because it would make this an ongoing theme that will further spur people to collect the previous 6 sets..   I'd also like to see them go back to the first 3 films and maybe make a small line of around 4 or 5 sets.  Heck, when the Hobbit theme was going on, they went back and gave us 11 Lord of the Rings sets.  I don't see why Jurrasic Park couldn't get at least a few sets, if this line were to continue.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2

notables :

JW lines was pushed very very diligently by TLG in US. i.e. there is a shitload of hidden inventory in these items.

this is what has been hoarded to depth sea. 

having said that: TLG is in the habit of re-purposing inventory from various markets. i won't be surprised to see "S" series of JW line in US.

its not only TRU. Amazon recently had a restock for JW line as well. [ for 75915, 75916, 75917 at least that i can attest to since i did purchase them ]. i don't know about 75918 and 75919 though.

TRU and Target are two places where TLG dumps their stocks ;)

Edited by newbie77

On 1/23/2017 at 1:44 PM, Kenxxx said:

Had to go back and check. .. seal codes on RR were 05 R 6. All other sets ranged 40 R 6 to 44 R 6.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...