42083 - Bugatti Chiron

Val-E

43 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Mine came in double boxed with the first box a perfect fit.  The small dent posted a few comments ago was not worth returning IMO.

What you can't see is there was a crease across the top of the cover probably caused when the dent was made.  It's going to bother some people and not others I'm sure.

19 hours ago, melting said:

Yes, Fedex is definitely doing a number on the boxes probably because they are standing them on end. I knew when I saw the pillow pack on the outside of the box it was not going to be good.

Hmmm, no pillow should be needed. One would thnk the outer lego box fitted the inner one snugger than one of OJ´s gloves. Or are they so dumb as to put it in a third non Lego box? Looks like it as the pillow box is cheap as chips quality.

18 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Hmmm, no pillow should be needed. One would thnk the outer lego box fitted the inner one snugger than one of OJ´s gloves. Or are they so dumb as to put it in a third non Lego box? Looks like it as the pillow box is cheap as chips quality.

IMG_1308.jpg

Just picked mine up at the La Jolla LEGO store.  They had 18 in stock when I called them. Talked to the girl there, Shenna, who was very helpful. We went through five boxes on the outside and then I picked one. Opened it up and I was ok with the quality of the inside; not a 100%, but probably 98%...

You have to take a closer look with the light reflecting of the front of the box to see the slight “damage”; I was perfectly fine with what it looked like since I’m not planning on letting this box go anytime whenever... ? 

I found something in the build of this awesome car that could be slightly better.  It’s concerning the crankshafts of the W16 engine. 

Step 167 when you build the crankshaft all the rods are placed in a certain way; from left to right in the step they are positioned right-right-left-right. If you assemble them like that and put it in the engine after; the most right placed rod in the step 167 image, will be under a slight angle and turn your motor less smooth. 

Position the rods left-left-left-left, for both additional cylinder banks, and you won’t have that problem

I tried to load some pictures I took, but somehow they won’t show up...

Please try this out and let me know if you guys are seeing the same problem; it’s minor but it’s an improvement for sure. ? 

Edited by Wimmer
Further clarification
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 3:59 AM, calmdahn said:

Does anybody have a PDF of the instructions for this? I bought one at RRP for a personal build because I’ve been craving a very complicated technic set, but the PDF won’t be online until August 1st and I don’t want to muss up the books. DM me if you can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

yes, promobricks.de just released the links to PDF documents:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-42083-technic-bugatti-chiron-bauanleitung-zum-download/62374

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Bugatti set appears to be popular worldwide.  Here is a picture of a line at a Lego store in Hong Kong.  The folks are in line for the Bugatti, I think there was a limit of 1 or 2 per person.  I was impressed at the interest.  I know that Lego is an international brand but it is cool to see this level of interest worldwide. 

Lego Bugatti.jpg

Lego store bugatti.jpg

The price points in some countries suggest demand is not even. I think it when to backorder for a while in the US but has been available sinc day one in Europe, maybe because we have been price gouged.

Let´s see what happens now it is no longer an SAH exclusive.

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, melting said:

....Holy brick, that's amazing. The mileage might be bad with a slow speed of cruising along at 18 miles per hour and I can't even imagine how the sound of an "engine" made from 2,304 LEGO motors would be like after a while but still, friggin' sweet. Now I'm just wondering which is more expensive, the original vehicle or this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

....Holy brick, that's amazing. The mileage might be bad with a slow speed of cruising along at 18 miles per hour and I can't even imagine how the sound of an "engine" made from 2,304 LEGO motors would be like after a while but still, friggin' sweet. Now I'm just wondering which is more expensive, the original vehicle or this?

Definitely the original.. did you know that there are onlyTWO SETS of tyres for this Chiron?? One is on the car itself and the second in the factory. The set costs cca 90.000 USD - for flat tyres..  if you are due to a regular check-up (changing oil, lamps etc..) that comes to 12.000 USD because only trained "engineer" (guy from the factory) can do that and you have to pay him airticket + suitable accommodation + food etc.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are people treating LEGO boxes like Funko POP now? Like do they need to be PSA 10 GEM MINT in order for it to be acceptable just to have people open it up to build the set? I get when you are paying $350 for a toy, you can have a bit of expectation. But to go through 5 boxes and nit pick on box condition? This is a whole new level of LEGO collecting. Any want want to start a LEGO grading service company? Will make more $ than flipping bricks.

Edited by tacsniper

8 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Are people treating LEGO boxes like Funko POP now? Like do they need to be PSA 10 GEM MINT in order for it to be acceptable just to have people open it up to build the set? I get when you are paying $350 for a toy, you can have a bit of expectation. But to go through 5 boxes and nit pick on box condition? This is a whole new level of LEGO collecting. Any want want to start a LEGO grading service company? Will make more $ than flipping bricks.

I know this is just my own personal opinion but I’ll go on a limb here and express my thoughts that Funko Pops are the worst thing to happen to collecting since “Beanie Babies” as they are now near worthless with a few exceptions like the “blue elephant” 

Everything about Toy collecting and investing starts with the Box grade and legos are no different. That being said...if anyone in here remembers the excitement of opening a 42056 gt3 RS porche and how cool That Box is... Then I’m not suprised the repeat collector is looking for the cleanest Bugatti Box they can get their hands on. 

One common trait I’ve noticed about collecting is attention to detail is king in most collectibles which is why I’ll pony up for a 1/6  scale replica hot toy Figure 24/7 Over any Funko POP any day opened box or Not.

...and yes these figures scale near perfect to a Sphero R2-d2 fyi-lol

56D08B6E-AA74-41EF-AD7D-E8BF9D5F6FD8.jpeg

Edited by ChadWick1e46
Spelling
  • Like 1