42083 - Bugatti Chiron

Val-E

But still in stock at SAH. I think it could well be a crossover like the 911 or T1 but it´s a rip off in my country and pretty expensive elsewhere. Sit it out for a 40% discount or just bricklink the new parts or get them in future models.

24 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

In for one.  

Yup. I bought three Porsche’s when they came out and have one left.  With this Bugatti though, I’m only getting one; but it will be this weekend. I decided on it, and even though it’s going to be $380.00 with taxes here in the US, it’s worth it and I’m pretty sure that I can always get that back when I want to sell it in many years from now...

LEGO store in La Jolla; I’ll be on my way soon !!! ? 

6 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

To me, these large Technic sets are some of the best LEGO collectibles left.  

Lego probably agree, considering the effort they put into the Bugatti launch compared to the UCS Falcon.

Main problem will be massive overhoarding, as with T1. As people know these sets have a 2.5 year life and can be had at discount with no  buying limits, it´s easy to build up a portfolio.

For porsche -30/40% within first 6months setting a new RPP around 160GBP shows us where the price probably will be within next few months for this one, once the dust settles down ~220GBP after few months isn't really a fairy tale. Technic lovers were always after sets with the active PF's first, rest 've been always somewhere there... 
Porsche - you can motorize, when I asked Sariel on Polish Group about motorizing Chiron he said - highly unlikely with current PF generation. There is barely a room for anything else. Even S-brick wouldn't make any difference due to sheer size and weight of it which is not evenly distributed through the chassis. Front is significantly heavier than rear.

7 hours ago, Wimmer said:

So, now this set is out there, is it too early to start wondering about what the next one will be ?...

It´s never to early for rampant and unfounded Brickpicker speculation. They obviously need a Ferrari in the range so perhaps pay attention to new models being released in the next two years e.g. follow up to the 488.

57 minutes ago, jackcwang said:

Doesn't this benefit everyone, other than Brick Pickers?

Fixed.

1 hour ago, Shewie said:

Not a huge QFLL opportunity here.

Price on BL already dropped below RPP in Europe if you do the exchange math.

Yeah, not selling out over the first weekend makes this the Solo versus Force Awakens Porsche 911.

Price is too damn high and they probably tabled supply on demand for the more iconic 911.

Not as iconic as the Porsche, second set in the series and the ridiculous price point are the reasons why this has not sold old. Lego marketing should attend to same ‘what went wrong with solo’ session that Disney are having

Guest TabbyBoy

I don't think the Bugatti will ever sell out, not at that ridiculous price. The BWE was much better value IMHO.

It's good, but far from great. I will pick one up for a personal build to go with the Porsche once it can be found at discount. This is certainly not a set I would consider investing in, unless of course they axe it after a short duration due to slow sales. Unlikely.

I will be picking up one of these; but am waiting for a nice promotion to go with it, and maybe double points on top of it. 

I agree with Eliminator about not investing in these sets; too expensive and not a huge market for it. I mean; they have to be working adults to afford one and they will buy their own right away if they want it ?...

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Val-E said:

Grab breakfast and watch the livebuild, it works out way cheaper.

Interesting;... after watching most of it, the designer is asking the builder at around 5:35 hours what he would like to see come next. 

The answer ?...  Ford GT40.  Nice, but maybe a McLaren instead ?

Please ?

6 hours ago, Wimmer said:

I will be picking up one of these; but am waiting for a nice promotion to go with it, and maybe double points on top of it. 

I agree with Eliminator about not investing in these sets; too expensive and not a huge market for it. I mean; they have to be working adults to afford one and they will buy their own right away if they want it ?...

The current promo is quite nice but I´d prefer a meatier direct discount.