42083 - Bugatti Chiron

Val-E

The current promo is quite nice but I´d prefer a meatier direct discount.

Expect this to be readily available for at least 33% discount when it becomes freely available after 6 months. I got the Porsche from Smyths a year after the launch for £135. My aim is to get this for sub £200 for personal build.

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

Expect this to be readily available for at least 33% discount when it becomes freely available after 6 months. I got the Porsche from Smyths a year after the launch for £135. My aim is to get this for sub £200 for personal build.

in europe  maybe but here in canada, or USA IMO, never  seen any discount on this,(porsche)

Edited by TargetZero

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

13 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

in europe  maybe but here in canada, or USA IMO, never  seen any discount on this,(porsche)

I can't speak of the discounts in the USA but the largest discount in Canada for the Porsche was 18.5% which was very short lived.

I forgot about the error TRU had for 20%? off anything but it wasn't supposed to include many sets.

Edited by lego rules

I can't speak of the discounts in the USA but the largest discount in Canada for the Porsche was 18.5% which was very short lived.
I forgot about the error TRU had for 20%? off anything but it wasn't supposed to include many sets.

20% off the standard RRP is the ave price for the Porsche in the U.K.

40 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Yes, rarely any discounts in Canada.  The TRU 25% off error is the only discount I have ever seen here.  Lasted for like an hour....

3 hours ago, lego rules said:

I don't think there were ever any discounts on the Porsche here in the USA.  I'm in the San Diego area and never saw anything like that on that specific set.  I'm also not thinking this is going to happen any time soon on the Bugatti set either; especially since it just got launched and they made a big deal out of it...

More to think about and in the back of my head; what is LEGO going to do when this set fails to sell as well as the Porsche did ?  Will that be the end of the Technic UCS line right away ?...

3 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Im not sure if that is the  crease (in the middle of the bottom edge at the top picture). but if it is.. I would certainly request immediate replacement for such money.. 

Agreed.  It looks like the box took a minor hit there and it bend the edge.  I would definitely replace it too.

In fact; when I'm getting mine this weekend, I'm unpacking in the store and checking the box for anything like that. If I find anything, I'm on to the next box until I get a perfect one...  Too expensive and upscale and UCS to have "flaws"...

9 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Im not sure if that is the  crease (in the middle of the bottom edge at the top picture). but if it is.. I would certainly request immediate replacement for such money.. 

5 hours ago, Wimmer said:

Agreed.  It looks like the box took a minor hit there and it bend the edge.  I would definitely replace it too.

In fact; when I'm getting mine this weekend, I'm unpacking in the store and checking the box for anything like that. If I find anything, I'm on to the next box until I get a perfect one...  Too expensive and upscale and UCS to have "flaws"...

Yes I will be contacting them today. also make sure you pull out the individual boxes because they may be creased as well.

Edited by melting

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

If it was a backordered UCS Falcon, the owner would be suing for PTSD.

Hah, yep. I think they are going to have problems with these the same way as they did with the Porsche. The boxes they ship in are not sturdy enough.

2 hours ago, gregpj said:

Does the crease in the outer box affect the build?

No it would not, but the whole lid of the box was creased at the top and dented on the bottom. For $350 I want something better.

Edited by melting
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Are they using original Lego shipping boxes?

Yes, Fedex is definitely doing a number on the boxes probably because they are standing them on end. I knew when I saw the pillow pack on the outside of the box it was not going to be good.

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

Edited by melting