10256 - Taj Mahal (2017)

Pseudoty

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

10256 Taj Mahal

Ages 16+. 5,923 pieces.
US $369.99 – CA $449.99 – DE 329.99€ – UK £299.99 – DK 2699.00 DKK

Discover the architectural wonder of the Taj Mahal!

Build and discover the Taj Mahal! The huge ivory-white marble mausoleum, renowned as one of the world’s architectural wonders, was commissioned in 1631 by the Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, the Empress Mumtaz Mahal. This relaunched 2008 LEGO® Creator Expert interpretation features the structure’s 4 facades with sweeping arches, balconies and arched windows. The central dome, subsidiary domed chambers and surrounding minarets are topped with decorative finials, and the raised platform is lined with recessed arches. The model is finished with ornate detailing throughout and intricate tilework around the base. With more than 5,900 pieces, this set is designed to deliver a rewarding building experience and makes a great display piece for the home or office.

• LEGO® interpretation of the real-world architectural wonder, the Taj Mahal.
  • Relaunched 2008 model, featuring 4 facades with arches and arched windows; central dome, 4 subsidiary domed chambers and 4 minarets, all topped with decorative finials; raised platform lined with recessed arches; ornate detailing throughout; and intricate tilework around the base.
  • Divides into 7 modular sections for easier transportation.
  • Put your LEGO® building skills to the test with one of the largest LEGO models ever created
  • Special elements include 6 blue 16×32 baseplates, white 1x5x4 bricks with bow, lots of transparent elements, ‘Erling’ bricks and ‘jumper’ plates.
  • Measures over 16” (43cm) high, 20” (51cm) wide and 20” (51cm) deep.

26244771689_b96cbc581d_z.jpg?resize=625,

37311412204_e3556a66f2_z.jpg?resize=625,

37967281766_f934a1bd55_z.jpg?resize=625,

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Guest TabbyBoy
59 minutes ago, Patrickkoh said:

The end of Lego investors. RIP Lego.

RIP the weak and the greedy ;-)

Retail arbitrage is now where it's all at.

Think about it, what makes the most profit....? Selling a £300 set for £600 after 5+ years or flipping 6x £50 sets for £100 profit within weeks, rinsing and repeating over the same period? Remember that the only work is the packing/posting once you have listings in place. Also, less risk of a remake costing you hundreds!

Edited by TabbyBoy

So I'm gonna weigh in here.

I know there was talk pages ago about 'destroying the brand', 'not collectible', etc. I collect lego because of its quality. The rareness of the sets has nothing to do with it. Megablocks suck to me...in fact any knock offs suck as far as I'm concerned. As far as building toys go, it's Lego or gtfo. I do feel bad for the investors, but collectors like myself aren't going to care how many sets they rerelease. I realize some will, but remember there's a quality to consider there.

As for 'where were we when the original was there'.......we were younger and had less money, so we couldn't get it. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

Maybe the only consolation we can take from all these re-releases is that they can't re- release them all right?????? It's safe to say that all the big ticket Lego sets are probably going to be re-released at some point though.

just the ones the actually make money post EOL.  i doubt ToO will ever be re-released.  Green Grocer - see you next year when you get released from the vault.

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Malachi1984 said:

I read some where that the next big re release after Taj mahal will be the ucs isd

But it will be different to the original ISD... 

I think nearly no one has problems with much improved rereleases as for Falcon, Snowspeeder etc. But nearly everyone has a problem with 1:1 rereleases as for Winter Toy Shop or TM...

23 minutes ago, Patrickkoh said:

What is the meaning of retired product?  I suggest Lego do limited numbered set which can sell at higher price instead of remake to make money.

I think TLG applies the same meaning as Frank Sinatra / Lance Armstrong / Nikki Lauda did.

Edited by Val-E

On 07/11/2017 at 10:53 AM, mauro23 said:

But it will be different to the original ISD... 

I think nearly no one has problems with much improved rereleases as for Falcon, Snowspeeder etc. But nearly everyone has a problem with 1:1 rereleases as for Winter Toy Shop or TM...

But why re-release the UCS ISD, even if it's an improvement like with the UCS Falcon, when they could also do a new UCS First Order Star Destroyer (Kylo Ren's Finalizer) ? Bigger, meaner, more imposing ... I think it would sell even better!

40 minutes ago, Haay said:

But why re-release the UCS ISD, even if it's an improvement like with the UCS Falcon, when they could also do a new UCS First Order Star Destroyer (Kylo Ren's Finalizer) ? Bigger, meaner, more imposing ... I think it would sell even better!

ANH_blockade-runner-chase.png

^^ The simple reason why the ISD would outsell a first order model. It's iconic.

There is no doubt that 75055 would run circles around 75190 if they were in stock at the same time.

• Like 1

For it the new Taj Mahal to reach $2000 again is going to be a very long time about 4-5 years from now provided it retires after 2 years from release . Also the possibility of it hitting $2000 again is slim due to older sealed Taj Mahal sets still being in the market and sellers who are going stock on them now again after rerelease .

For investment it’s way to early to stock on it right now.

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

The chances of the new Taj Mahal reaching $2000 in any time frame is pretty much zero. 

Judging buy the current dire performance of the Sydney Opera House, even RRP is pushing it.

33 minutes ago, siddji said:

For investment it’s way to early to stock on it right now.

At least 5yrs too early?

2 hours ago, jmfc1975 said:

hi guys, newbie here.

so i want to buy the taj mahal set that goes for about $2000 DOLLARS online but it looks like lego is reissuing it soon so my question is, should i buy the new set from lego as an investment?woul the price go up on that set perhaps? TiA  

Would give it a year,and keep an eye on how it performs,suspect every Del boy in the UK will be on it,might even delve in there myself but only if the price is right.