10256 - Taj Mahal (2017)

Pseudoty

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

10256 Taj Mahal

Ages 16+. 5,923 pieces.
US $369.99 – CA $449.99 – DE 329.99€ – UK £299.99 – DK 2699.00 DKK

Discover the architectural wonder of the Taj Mahal!

Build and discover the Taj Mahal! The huge ivory-white marble mausoleum, renowned as one of the world’s architectural wonders, was commissioned in 1631 by the Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, the Empress Mumtaz Mahal. This relaunched 2008 LEGO® Creator Expert interpretation features the structure’s 4 facades with sweeping arches, balconies and arched windows. The central dome, subsidiary domed chambers and surrounding minarets are topped with decorative finials, and the raised platform is lined with recessed arches. The model is finished with ornate detailing throughout and intricate tilework around the base. With more than 5,900 pieces, this set is designed to deliver a rewarding building experience and makes a great display piece for the home or office.

• LEGO® interpretation of the real-world architectural wonder, the Taj Mahal.
  • Relaunched 2008 model, featuring 4 facades with arches and arched windows; central dome, 4 subsidiary domed chambers and 4 minarets, all topped with decorative finials; raised platform lined with recessed arches; ornate detailing throughout; and intricate tilework around the base.
  • Divides into 7 modular sections for easier transportation.
  • Put your LEGO® building skills to the test with one of the largest LEGO models ever created
  • Special elements include 6 blue 16×32 baseplates, white 1x5x4 bricks with bow, lots of transparent elements, ‘Erling’ bricks and ‘jumper’ plates.
  • Measures over 16” (43cm) high, 20” (51cm) wide and 20” (51cm) deep.

26244771689_b96cbc581d_z.jpg?resize=625,

37311412204_e3556a66f2_z.jpg?resize=625,

37967281766_f934a1bd55_z.jpg?resize=625,

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

They´ll have a strong last semester this year, what with the rocket, Falcon, TLJ, Ninjago Movie and 2018 sets. 1HY 2018 should be fine too with JW and Solo. Last semester of 2018 will be a struggle, right enough. They´ll need to launch some kickass new theme to replace Nexo.

I had heard that the Nexo replacement may be Harry Potter re-launch... that would make sense I think as it would be the new "castle/medieval" type theme
  • Like 2

I had heard that the Nexo replacement may be Harry Potter re-launch... that would make sense I think as it would be the new "castle/medieval" type theme

Well this sounds like an outstanding idea to me if they go all in on it. Like a permanent theme like Star Wars, sets from the old movies and the new. I never really cared about Harry Potter, the movies are pretty boring to me, but it could make some really great sets. Hopefully with a full line it wouldn't just be the same old stuff they already did last time. Sure, they have to make all the iconic sets again, but in addition they could have things similar to medieval market village.

6 hours ago, southcollector13 said:

Yes, HP is coming back but I think they will end up pricing the sets out of the market for the majority of people. What they really need is a back-to-basics low cost theme with a collectibility element and to combine between the sets. Mixels or a more appealing Bionicle. Brickheads is not filling that gap.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Val-E said:

Yes, HP is coming back but I think they will end up pricing the sets out of the market for the majority of people. What they really need is a back-to-basics low cost theme with a collectibility element and to combine between the sets. Mixels or a more appealing Bionicle. Brickheads is not filling that gap.

Lets see how many prople are now going to panic sell Hogwarts, Hogwarts Express and Daigon Alley. I wouldn’t put further resurrections past LEGO due to the TM. I’m not sure if this is just a lack of creativity or imagination on LEGO’s part, laziness or just an all out attack on hoarders and fakers. The TM will either sell out on the first day or be another turkey like SOH was. Why can’t we have a Rome Colosseum instead?

Edited by TabbyBoy

26 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Lets see how many prople are now going to panic sell Hogwarts, Hogwarts Express and Daigon Alley. I wouldn’t put further resurrections past LEGO due to the TM. I’m not sure if this is just a lack of creativity or imagination on LEGO’s part, laziness or just an all out attack on hoarders and fakers. The TM will either sell out on the first day or be another turkey like SOH was. Why can’t we have a Rome Colosseum instead?

And it is really not such difficult to make Colosseum, there were already smaller MOCs for that... I do not believe at first day outsell for TM. Regarding HP, I am pretty sure that no rerelease will be made but another bigger model of Hogwarts....

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I have a feeling that LEGO needs to do something with the excess capacity it installed, but they have finite designers. One possible way to do this is issuing re-releases, as producing more of the same Nexo sets won't achieve anything.

Based on Falcon and Saturn one might think they do not have excess capacity. The manufacturing of these sets are slow because one is Ideas (just-in-time production chain) and the other is very complex in terms of number of unique types of bricks, which makes production very slow. Taj Mahal has hundreds of the same bricks and is symmetric. Perfect candidate to utilise excess capacity.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm selling 4842 and 10217 at the moment (used). I don't intend to drop prices in some act of desperation. 

1 hour ago, KShine said:

Another wave of HP would be fine, it would likely even be a positive (unless they are re-releases, ala the TAJ).

The HP sets are quite dated, exact re-release is extremely unlikely. What will happen by all chance is that in the first few waves we get updated versions of the classic buildings and some sets for the new trilogy. Minifigs will receive a substantial overhaul. I also would not expect an updated D2C Diagon Alley, there are better candidates out there: Hogwarts, the train, etc.

Edited by inversion

3 minutes ago, inversion said:

The HP sets are quite dated, exact re-release is extremely unlikely. What will happen by all chance is that in the first few waves, we get updated versions of the classic buildings and some sets for the new trilogy. Minifigs will receive a substantial overhaul. I also would not expect and updated D2C Diagon Alley, there are better candidates out there: Hogwarts, the train, etc.

Imagine UCS quality versions of Hogwarts Castle and/or Hogwarts Express. 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
44 minutes ago, KShine said:

I can imagine the extortionate price too!

Now .... this thought has gotten me excited ... Emerald Knight-style Hogwarts Express ... full loco, couple of coaches. Heck, throw in a flying Ford Anglia if you must. Ready to be put on tracks, just supply your own PF. That would be SUCH a hit with both the HP crowd and the LEGO train community ....
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Val-E said:

.. like Speed Champions? They would easily fit into City streets.. :)

I see it as meeting your criteria: back-to-back low cost (which it is - cars are "basic", always every single one is doing fin.. SCH are also low-cost (individual cars).. when you have three - you want to have them all ..   and you havent mentioned in your previous post anything about "building a bigger set from all of them"

For exemple, heres a reason why the re-release it. Big compagni like lego always do market studies.  The studies must have say: (fictionnal numbers). We only did 10 000 taj compared to the 50 000 opera or tower bridge we've sold. We know we will sell that gap. 3k new boxes on secondary market prooves it. emails from fans prouves it. We are sellling an average of 50 000 sets of each exclusive now, but only 10k was produced of that set... so .. it's pretty simple.

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

Now .... this thought has gotten me excited ... Emerald Knight-style Hogwarts Express ... full loco, couple of coaches. Heck, throw in a flying Ford Anglia if you must. Ready to be put on tracks, just supply your own PF. That would be SUCH a hit with both the HP crowd and the LEGO train community ....

A return of the trains theme would be awesome too. Just as long as the Santa Fe cars and Emerald Night don't just get exact rehashes... which is asking a lot because it would be way too hard for the designers to pick a different type of train car or train line

Guest TabbyBoy
53 minutes ago, southcollector13 said:

A return of the trains theme would be awesome too. Just as long as the Santa Fe cars and Emerald Night don't just get exact rehashes... which is asking a lot because it would be way too hard for the designers to pick a different type of train car or train line

Since the Taj Mahal came out instead of the Rome Colloseum, it's safe to assume that Santa Fe and Emerald Night will just get new set numbers and a brick separator ;-)

Was too busy to catch this announcement. This is just sad to see. Glad I have not made any big Lego purchases for reselling over the past 2 years. We have one Taj left and I honestly did not think things were this bad at TLG. Going to be alot of clearance after xmas as kids want interactive or online, not plastic bricks, and grandma doesn't want to pay up for chinese made toys. Steering clear of this brand. Still see Disney buying it for pennies on the dollar within 5 years.

• Like 1