Amazon Prime Day 2017 - July 11

Alpinemaps

2 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Out of curiosity....did anyone see a significant uptick in sales over the last 36 hours? With all of the extra traffic on Amazon, I would have expected a small increase in sales....but no. I didn't experience an increase, but I am small fry.....

I sold through a few pricey items that have been out there for several weeks.  Some prices bumped a bit yesterday.

• Like 1

How did you get these discounts? Did you talk to them about the extra 10-20% for prime members?

yes. Lego was supposed to be 20%, also another promo was 10% for Prime members. neither were put back in after the glitch. if you noticed all Lego had the blue Prime Deal tags on them but didn't have any discount in cart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baragon said:

I'm not sure how that math works, but that is a great deal!

I also managed to have CS give me the 30% discount off the Assembly square. I know it is nothing like what we missed out on, but I will take it...!!

I have been wanting this set for my collection and I decided to try CS to get the discount ...........and Wham-O.....They gladly gave it to me ! Took $83.98 off the price =)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Simple math: 30% of (170+250) = 126, which is the discount uoted in the email. So jap is paying 420-126 = 294 for 2 sets (plus tax)

^^^ simple math = F

to me consecutive discount means x * .8 *.9 which is NOT 30% (example: stacking coupons at TRU)

Edited by jerryherb
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Simple math: 30% of (170+250) = 126, which is the discount uoted in the email. So jap is paying 420-126 = 294 for 2 sets (plus tax)

2 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

^^^ simple math = F

to me consecutive means x * .8 *.9 which is NOT 30%

tenor.gif

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

^^^ simple math = F

to me consecutive discount means x * .8 *.9 which is NOT 30% (example: stacking coupons at TRU)

Compound = multiply the discounts together to get the overall discount

Consecutive = means apply one after the other.

;)

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Compound = multiply the discounts together to get the overall discount

Consecutive = means apply one after the other.

;)

multiplication always compounds, no need to get creative with math rules. your explanation for both scenarios means the same exact thing -----> multiply x by .8 and then by .9 (consecutively applied)

Edited by jerryherb
  • Like 1

I read that as the total amount owed, not the discount. I was trying to figure out how both sets came to $126. Clearly the lack of sleep is getting to me!

3 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

multiplication always compounds, no need to get creative with math rules. your explanation for both scenarios means the same exact thing -----> multiply

True, and I didn't explain myself very well. What I meant is consecutive discounts don't specify which amount to apply the discount to and this case they applied it to the original amount (which I agree is strange). Straight up multiplying the discounts is the norm.

First package arrived. Had a Death Star with a minor ding in one corner and the Porsche was still in the Lego shipping box, minty as could be. Happy as a clam. Going to be very difficult to convince myself to self the DS, I want all the figs and I love to do big builds. The Amazon box was 26x21x16

IMG_3211.JPG

• Like 5