Amazon Prime Day 2017 - July 11

Alpinemaps

I missed the Amazon deals...and also most of the Walmart and Target clearance deals because everything was sold out or nothing is on sale where I live.  After reading all the jubilation and disappointment over the past few days in this thread I am reminded of the William Shatner skit on SNL.

1sgt9a.jpg

Seriously, most of us have experienced the highs and lows of Lego investing this week and over the past few weeks.  What a roller coaster ride it has been and what an awesome community we have here.  For those of you who got deals this week I salute you and for those who did not there will always be another deal.  The Christmas selling season is coming soon!

I missed the Amazon deals...and also most of the Walmart and Target clearance deals because everything was sold out or nothing is on sale where I live.  After reading all the jubilation and disappointment over the past few days in this thread I am reminded of the William Shatner skit on SNL.
1sgt9a.jpg
Seriously, most of us have experienced the highs and lows of Lego investing this week and over the past few weeks.  What a roller coaster ride it has been and what an awesome community we have here.  For those of you who got deals this week I salute you and for those who did not there will always be another deal.  The Christmas selling season is coming soon!

How did you almost miss out on Walmart and target? It's just getting started

1 minute ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

How did you almost miss out on Walmart and target? It's just getting started

The shelves are mostly bare already and the good sale stuff is gone like City Volcano sets, Nexo Knights, Star Wars and Batman and that is only at 20% - 30 % off locally..

On 7/12/2017 at 7:08 AM, justapilgrim said:

yes. Lego was supposed to be 20%, also another promo was 10% for Prime members. neither were put back in after the glitch. if you noticed all Lego had the blue Prime Deal tags on them but didn't have any discount in cart

That's too bad. I figured that's what you did so I tried the same with CS. No help at all. They just tried to sell me on getting prime which I already have and then said "these sets are not eligible for discount" after I explained clearly that I already had prime and was aware of the (supposed) benefits

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Question for those of you that got a Technic Porsche from Amazon - did your outer cardboard Lego box arrive opened or sealed?  

My cardboard Lego box was open but the Porsche box inside looks untouched.  Just wondering if that was standard.

not porsche specific but I have received both from amazon before.  I suspect it just depends on if who ever is receiving/shipping the box takes to time to verify there is one and only one in there.

16 hours ago, eliminator said:

Yea, that's my plan. Trying to put together a Hoth scene to compliment my Endor and Tatooine setups. 

The box is quite worn and defiantly a re-seal. I'm going to inventory check this evening. 

As predicted, everything present and accounted for. But since I had to contact CS about an issue with a non-lego purchase, I mentioned my disappointment about the box and the rep refunded me 25%. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Question for those of you that got a Technic Porsche from Amazon - did your outer cardboard Lego box arrive opened or sealed?  

My cardboard Lego box was open but the Porsche box inside looks untouched.  Just wondering if that was standard.

Mine was sealed in the box.

As predicted, everything present and accounted for. But since I had to contact CS about an issue with a non-lego purchase, I mentioned my disappointment about the box and the rep refunded me 25%. 

Wow, isn't that pushing your luck a little?? This was a "glitch" purchase, and you complained about the box condition????

• Like 2

Received my Detective's Office, Brick Bank, and Assembly Square Thursday and Caterham via Alexa Friday.  Pretty excited to have them in my build queue for the future.    Disappointed that I didn't get other stuff like GBHQ, Death Star, etc but am happy I got the 3 sets I wanted the most and not to be too greedy.  Besides it ending means I don't end up with a $1000 charge because I don't know if I would've stopped so easily.

Assembly Square seems like the set we all pretty much bought from haul pics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, labfreak7 said:

Wow, isn't that pushing your luck a little?? This was a "glitch" purchase, and you complained about the box condition????

No, this was Amazon.ca (Canada). We didn't experience any glitch-goodness like the US folks did. They were selling them for about 30% off during Prime Day in Canada, max 1 per customer.

I wasn't going to press the issue since I'm going to build anyways. But the CS rep asked "is there anything else I can help you with today", so I asked and she knocked 25% off without any discussion.

Edited by eliminator

Math post alert:
Amazon had a promo for 20% off of Lego plus 10% for amazon prime members on July 10 (30% off the base, not compound) but items rung up as 25%+20%+20% off of the base for 65% off of every set. 
The 20% deal in question was removed when the glitch was fixed and it was replaced with a 10+10% for 20% total discount (not .9*.9)

[mention=36848]Rainmaker[/mention]

Was that applicable to your modular building haul?