Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 2018

jaisonline

Surely that applies to all JW sets? Maybe IR could be safe, but the rest are going to take a hit - especially RE.

Haven’t seen the rest of the sets, but assuming all the moulds in the new sets are the same as the last line, then those prices are going to come tumbling down. Kids such as my 5 yr old are only interested in the dinosaurs. The actual Lego builds are meh and they don’t care about them. Only exception is IR because of the compound. I expect IR to break £300 by this Xmas given no remake and overall it’s a great set. Shame I don’t have any left.

On 1/6/2018 at 9:13 AM, CLMF said:

The Brick Show made a video describing the sets in more detail:

'Nother Jeep Set, Pteranodon and two figures, one of whom is Chris Pratt.

We get another cage set, two figures, one of whom is Wu, and apparently including a Stygimoloch (Brickshow identifies it as Pachycephalosaurus, which is technically correct, but the ones in this film are being called Stygimoloch)

There's a decent sized helicopter set, includes a Raptor and Chris Pratt with a crossbow, as well as two other blokes.

Second largest set is a truck, a gyrosphere and a launching station for the gyrosphere. Apparently includes Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, as well as another guy. According to the Brickshow the dinosaur in it is a Carnotaurus, though they do not identify it as such.

The Largest set is a mansion facade, six minifigs apparently, one raptor and one big mutant raptor.

That's not horrendous news, actually.  I saw the one junior set has a trex, so it looks like some of the old molds will be put in the junior line.  In the mainline 3 of the 5 sets are of new dinosaurs, so those sets will be worth it.  The mutant raptor will be the investment set, that will be worth holding.  

I sold down everything, but one complete MIB set over the holiday season..  So, this at least gives me something to invest in next year, since i'm losing faith in the star wars line.  

LEGO JUNIOR HELICOPTER SET 10756: A very small set which includes a red/grey Pteranodon identical to Jurassic World LEGO release, a small blue/grey 1-man helicopter, 2 ‘volcanic bombs’, a brown rock facade with fire coming out, a small weapons cache/computer base displaying the volcano, and two generic mercenary minifigs.

LEGO JUNIOR RAPTOR CAPTURE SET 10757: Another small set. Includes a green generic Velociraptor (not based on a film design), a small blue/grey dino-capture vehicle (which kinda looks like an airport luggage car but with a open top cage on the back). Two minifigs: generic merc + Owen Grady (he’s wearing his Fallen Kingdom outfit and is holding a chicken leg on a pole). It’s time to note Owens minifig face looks like a creepy uncle, with a mullet and a weird mustache. It’s an odd look.

LEGO JUNIOR TYRANNOSAURUS GATES SET 10758: Includes a T-Rex (exactly the same as 2015’s), a small buildable Jurassic World gate with an attached ladder and railings, and a simple crane arm with a hot dog attached. The main part of the gate build is all one piece and printed (gate decals + overgrowth) like you typically see in the Juniors sets. A very small, JW themed golf cart like vehicle is included. Also included is small screen displaying a Nublar map, little cage + a generic brown baby dinosaur, and two eggs with incubators. The three minifigs are Claire (in her Fallen Kingdom outfit), a generic Merc, and a mystery character who looks a little like Lowery’s evil twin.

LEGO PTERANODON CAPTURE SET 75926: Includes a 1-man, off-road light grey Jeep with dark blue stripes – mounted on the back is a bright yellow net launcher. The dinosaur included is a Pteranondon – while it’s the same mold and color scheme as the others, the grey color has been swapped out for an olive green. Two minifigures: Owen (same outfit & face as set 10757) and a mercenary.

LEGO STYGIMOLOCH RESEARCH SET 75927: Includes a small fence impound (almost identical to 2015’s ‘Raptor Escape’ set) plus a Stygimoloch. The compound looks hi-tech and has a glass observation window- next to the window is a display screen showing a Stygimoloch skull. The Stygimoloch is light brown with orange and dark brown stripes + a cream colored crown. The body is the same as the Raptors and Dilophosaurus, with the Dilo’s feet – it has a longer graceful head shape, and new arm sculpts. Two minifigures: Dr. Henry Wu and a Mercenary.

LEGO HELICOPTER CAPTURE TRANSPORT SET 75928: Includes a larger militaristic dark blue helicopter (looks similiar to a Mi-17 and has a ‘JW16N15’ decal) with a gatling gun on the left flank, a cage with dino-food in it which can be lowered from the helicopter, small red ATV with a trailer attached, and a dinosaur egg + carrying case. The dinosaur included is Velociraptor Blue, though her color scheme has been altered from the 2015 release to beige and aquamarine rather than green (making her closer to the Delta LEGO Raptor with Blue’s stripe) – most striking are her orange eyes. Overall, her new color pattern is more accurate, but the color choices again seem off. The three minifigs are a generic merc wearing large goggles, Ted Levine’s character Wheatley, and Owen Grady (again the same as the other sets, but this time he has a backpack and a crossbow).

LEGO CARNOTAURUS CARNAGE SET 75929: Includes a larger armored truck in grey and black with a dark blue stripe – the vehicle is very similar to the MVU from the ‘Raptor Rampage’ set, but more rugged. A trailer attaches to the back of it, which has some gear, which almost looks like a satellite dish. The set also includes a small overgrown Gyrosphere station, sporting the ride sign as seen in Jurassic World, plus a Gyrosphere vehicle. Three eggs are hidden in a nest within the overgrowth of the station – the final accessories are a small computer station (looks similar to that in the bunker as seen in the trailer) plus a generic baby dinosaur (same as set 10758). A oversized Carnotaurus stars in this set – the body is a repaint of 2015’s Indominus Rex, but with a new head sculpt and arms (featuring only 3 fingers, rather than the proper 4). The head sculpt looks incredibly cartoony and generic, not resembling that of the films dinosaur at all. Her colors are light brown with darker brown overtop, and a few small spots of orange – again, it looks nothing like the vividly rust colored Carnotaurus from the film. Claire (same as the other set), Franklin (played by Justice Smith), and Owen (he’s only wearing his blue henley with no brown vest this time) are the minifigs.

LEGO LOCKWOOD SHOWDOWN SET 75930: The largest of the bunch, it includes a big mansion-looking facade (which looks more like a Barbie Dreamhouse than a LEGO build) based on Lockwood’s estate. While the image did not feature the back half, it does seem to have some small floor platforms jutting out from the back with basic household accessories. Overall, the mansion is quite plain looking and isn’t aesthetically interesting – especially as it consists of larger flat pieces. There are two dinosaurs in the set: Velociraptor Blue, and larger mystery dinosaur (the Indoraptor?) which is darker colored. The set also includes a large buildable Triceratops skull, which fans will recognize from the first Fallen Kingdom set picture, and Owens motorcycle (the same as 2015’s). Six minifugres top off the set – Owen (with his vest once again), Claire (same as the other sets), Maisie (the young girl from the film) holding a brown dinosaur toy/baby (same as the other sets), Wheatley (same as 75928), two guys in black suits, one of which is likely Rafe Spall’s character Eli Mills.

Information from Reddit/4Chan

With a growing toddler and another little boy on the way I am super excited for the Juniors sets. I'll wait for discounts on these as they will still be too young for them, but the Duplo sets (once revealed) will be day one purchases.

• Like 2

Just seen 3 more full set leaks over on reddit (all watermarked), and a picture of a black dinosaur cropped out from another set picture (partial watermark can been seen in top corner, so i better not post).

Good to see we're getting a good selection of new dinosaurs.

Edited by John82

The most interesting thing is the back of the set Blue`s Helicopter Pursuit.

There is a printed overview of all dinosaurs and in which set they are included.

"Collect them all...and build your own hybrid" is the heading.

Is there a possibility that customers have to purchase all sets to build some kind of kick ass dinosaur? 

That would be very interesting regarding the investment aspect. 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

The most interesting thing is the back of the set Blue`s Helicopter Pursuit.

There is a printed overview of all dinosaurs and in which set they are included.

"Collect them all...and build your own hybrid" is the heading.

Is there a possibility that customers have to purchase all sets to build some kind of kick ass dinosaur? 

That would be very interesting regarding the investment aspect. 

It will be very interesting!

JW.jpg

• Thanks 1

Couldn't you have mixed and mashed the heads of all the old dinosaur molds? This is going to turn out just like the Hero Mashers.
image.png.27b1a4736e1582d80a8aa97ea2775f92.png

Drives me bananas when they change the heads on trex and irex. I’m always picking piles of dismembered limbs after they play with them!
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, crayxlp said:

There is a submission in a discussion on promobricks that there should be 10 Jurassic sets in total - 5 classics (yuppee!) .. 3 juniors and 2 duplo sets.

Nothing new to report then. We have seen leaked pics of all of them and the prices and descriptions are up top.

10 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Anyone here think the Classic Jurassic Park set rumor has legs? They already have the licenses needed with Ford and Universal. However, if it is the Kitchen scene and not a larger scale Visitors Center scene, I will be disappointed.

Take comfort in knowing that if it does have legs, you can combine it with the other Jurassic World Fallen Kindgdom sets to make your own hybrid dinosaur.

JW.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Anyone here think the Classic Jurassic Park set rumor has legs? They already have the licenses needed with Ford and Universal. However, if it is the Kitchen scene and not a larger scale Visitors Center scene, I will be disappointed.

I think the image of the minifigs from the first movie is a fake rather than a leak. I really hope I'm wrong....