Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 2018

jaisonline

1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

Did you arm sweep? I would have.

There was another JP set, I think 75931 that was also down to 25 so I got that, a 75932, and 12 playpens.  I mean there is a truck load of those still there.  My main risk would be the price being found as an error and rising back to regular price but from a quantity standpoint the store is still very much healthy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

There was another JP set, I think 75931 that was also down to 25 so I got that, a 75932, and 12 playpens.  I mean there is a truck load of those still there.  My main risk would be the price being found as an error and rising back to regular price but from a quantity standpoint the store is still very much healthy.

Very true. There are a TON of these out there, so the chance of them eventually hitting clearance is good. The question to ask though is will they go as low as $1.50 before they are cleaned up? I doubt it. There will be a few random stores that we all hear about who will basically give them away just to get rid of them, but 50% off would be a price point of $2. I doubt the majority of them go lower than that. It's a long term hold at this point with so much stock out there, but at $1.50 the risk is quite low. I guess it all depends on how much faith to have in this poly at this point. I bought 30 at $3.97 just to have them. I'll be watching my local quantities on BS often, and if and when they go on clearance I'll buy more and cost/average them. As always, it's a gamble.

9 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Did you arm sweep? I would have.

That´s what got you into this mess with all those Steamrollers, right?

Seems a good price compared to the 50 euro daylight robbery they charge here but not so much compared to US RRP of 40 USD.

I advise caution on JW as under production was the saviour of the sets from the last movie and that won´t be happening again.

The beauty of wave 1 was the limited amount and range, topped with the short run of RE. Second wave is in Juniors, standard and polybag flavour so there are just too many dinos out there.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

I am unsure about the investment potential of the new Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom sets.  If the main draw of these sets is the larger and mid-sized dinosaurs, there may be a tad too many of them.  

Bigger dinosaurs are in the 75930 Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate, 75929 Carnotaurus Gyrosphere Escape, 75933 T. rex Transport, 10758 T. rex Breakout as well as mid-sized dinosaurs in the 7932 Velociraptor Chase, 75928 Blue's Helicopter Pursuit, 75931 Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack, 75927 Stygimoloch Breakout and 10757 Raptor Rescue Truck sets.  

This may mean dinosaur overload may cancel out the exclusive sets like 7932 Velociraptor Chase because dinosaurs can be had anywhere at many price points.  In the last wave, the only big dinosaur was in the 75919 Indominus rex Breakout set, making it an investment winner.  And has been pointed, the production run may be longer than the last wave.  Hopefully, I am wrong…

• 2 weeks later...

This theme is still a winner as far as I am concerned, because the Horde are as the proverbial Lemmings piling on the Bandwagon.

I will wait for the inevitable scramble to offload and cherry pick the vastly reduced prices which will be available when reality dawns.

Buybuybuy.

3 hours ago, grabbitfast said:

This theme is still a winner as far as I am concerned, because the Horde are as the proverbial Lemmings piling on the Bandwagon.

I will wait for the inevitable scramble to offload and cherry pick the vastly reduced prices which will be available when reality dawns.

Buybuybuy.

I dont think that's the case anymore.  Too many options for trexs, raptors, dilophosaurus's and pternadons.  They milked it with this line.  They'll milk it even further in 2021.  The good days are gone.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...