Jump to content

Fake, Counterfeit, Knockoff, Illegal, Garbage, Crap Set & Minifigure Thread: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!


Recommended Posts

True to form out come the Ed bootlicks and cheerleaders. Deflect and distract, I wonder where we have seen that before. If only you all ( and there sure are many of you) could actually come up with some legitimate facts. 

Edited by junkrigger
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, junkrigger said:

True to form out come the Ed bootlicks and cheerleaders. Deflect and distract, I wonder where we have seen that before. If only you all ( and there sure are many of you) could actually come up with some legitimate facts. 

 I know for a FACT the Real LEGO avengers tower is available at lego shop at home still. but not for long!

 You appear very knowledgeable.  Also a bit combative.    This isnt really a helpful topic on THIS forum, even if in your opinion it needs said.   We here are mostly looking for good LEGO deals, peace.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

I came here for the super escort girls and of course star weiners.

Instead I got talk above my pay grade.   As usual I blame Ed.  

  I DID specify MOSTLY Lego deals, Tell me more of these escorts....?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know what’s wrong with kids these days?

Their parents.

Where’d they learn to raise kids like that?
Their parents.

When are the older generations gonna start taking responsibility for the world they created for the youth?

“I didn’t make this world, I was just born in it.” -Tupac

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. And they also play with bogus bricks.

Socrates.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

In other words, video games and social media are addictive as f***.  Pornography is unknown to me so I cannot really make a comment on it.  

There are behavioral addictions and then there are substance addictions, both I believe are at an all time high, and will continue to sky rocket in the coming years. It won’t be long before you see a lot of kids having to go to counseling for social media addiction, just as any other type of addiction. It’s taking a toll on kids underdeveloped brains, and not letting them develop the necessary life skills such as face to face communication. Human interaction is a necessary part of life. You’d think with everyone being so connected, we wouldn’t be the most lonely generation of all time, but that isn’t the case. I believe this is why so many young kids struggle with anxiety/depression. Like you said, look around at families when you’re in a restaurant sometime. They are all staring at a screen interacting, instead of physically interacting. If people are at dinner with their family, there is no reason a phone should be out. Try putting them in a bin, and under the table until after dinner. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a great new business selling the most amazing new product. The best part is with every item I sell and dollar I make the air gets polluted with neurotoxins, carcinogens and other great chemicals every healthy child and adult needs. The best part is all those great pollutants don’t stay localized in my neighborhood they get spread all over for every man woman and child on the face of the earth to enjoy with every breath. One other great side effect is that every item sold helps warm the planet and raise sea levels so all those folks in equatorial regions can finally lose their farmland and homes near sea level. It’s the perfect business, I profit at the expense of everyone’s suffering. I know some of you will object and say I am in direct conflict with your right to life and liberty, but You know what Tough s*** cause I already have half the government leaders in my pocket, all the spineless, corrupt, two faced little cowards have been bought and paid for, they don’t represent you, they are there to protect my interests, my profits, at the expense of your lives and your children’s.


Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

You want to know what's wrong with the young generations? Easy. It all starts with the smart phone.

Three core components aid in the destruction of ambition. This includes both family and professional life.

They are...

Pornography, Social media, and Video games.

Each of these "activities" simulates core biological functions for males and females necessary for maturing into adulthood. When engaging in these activities, the brain is tricked. It believes its core motivations are being satisfied. The brain does not realize these virtual conquests are not real, and proceeds to waste entire lives in their pursuit. Only when the victim emerges from the basement do they realize they have been played. And by then, its too late. All they have to show for years glued to a screen is virtual trophies, used Kleenex and fake internet points. Any chance of achieving a fulfilling career, raising a family or building communal worth has been flushed away by a microcomputer. 

Now, sit back and ponder this question...Why are these things given away for free?

That is the real question...

 

Hey now, you're being too harsh on free porn. It helped me stay away from long term relationships while I was working two jobs through college. I'd like to thank the ease of whacking for my ability to focus on my education, and putting me into a 6 figure salary by my late 20's. I also thank me, for not picking a degree that would make me poor.

 

12 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Life's about choices.  Pick the right LEGO sets and you will make money.  You pick the right job/profession and work hard at it,  you will make money.  The world needs machinists and mechanics and plumbers and electricians and jobs that don't require a college degree, but many will scoff at such jobs.   I know landscapers that make $200K a year, but that is below many people.  I know kids with degrees from quality schools making $12 an hour because they picked the wrong major.  They will never use their degree.  I am not saying it is easier to make money today, but the kids and young adults of today are entitled snowflakes in my opinion, with anxieties I never dealt with at such a young age.  I know this.  I see it.  I live it.  It's my fault and my wife's fault and the fault of many other parents out there.  There are exceptions, but those kids are usually too busy being successful in their endeavors to complain about inequality. 

I can't agree more. It's why with everything I fix around the house, I take my 3 year old with me. He has his own real tools, and knows how to use them. We are currently building him a giant playground from scratch. He comes with me to Lowes/Home depot to pick out the parts, helps mark where I need to cut the boards, and has a big proud smile as he uses his ratchet to help screw in the bolts. I believe trades are the future, and there will be a big gap and money to make as the current workers start to retire. Practical skills will be more important than ever.

I'm 32, part of the millennial generation. But unlike most of the people I grew up with, I had ambition. I grew up in a shithole inner city, my parents scraped to get by, and I saw more than my share of corpses in the street. Some people I grew up with got out of it, but most never even tried. People say they were under privileged, but whining instead of putting in effort gets you nowhere. On the flip side one of the kids from the well off families checked me out at Walmart a couple clearance rounds ago.... he attempted to mock all the "toys" I was buying, then complained about how in his 30's his parents finally cut him off. This country gives you every opportunity to make something of yourself, and your options are limitless as long as you are willing to put in the effort.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:

There are behavioral addictions and then there are substance addictions, both I believe are at an all time high, and will continue to sky rocket in the coming years. It won’t be long before you see a lot of kids having to go to counseling for social media addiction, just as any other type of addiction. It’s taking a toll on kids underdeveloped brains, and not letting them develop the necessary life skills such as face to face communication. Human interaction is a necessary part of life. You’d think with everyone being so connected, we wouldn’t be the most lonely generation of all time, but that isn’t the case. I believe this is why so many young kids struggle with anxiety/depression. Like you said, look around at families when you’re in a restaurant sometime. They are all staring at a screen interacting, instead of physically interacting. If people are at dinner with their family, there is no reason a phone should be out. Try putting them in a bin, and under the table until after dinner. 

TRUTH - for those interested in this topic, grab a copy of Cal Newport's book Digital Minimalism. There's no denying that devices are deteriorating our quality of life and precipitating a mental health crisis in this country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

Hey now, you're being too harsh on free porn. It helped me stay away from long term relationships while I was working two jobs through college. I'd like to thank the ease of whacking for my ability to focus on my education, and putting me into a 6 figure salary by my late 20's. I also thank me, for not picking a degree that would make me poor.

 

That explains your avatar 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, we went from bogus bricks -> factory conditions -> unsafe factory conditions -> socialism -> workers rights ->politics -> socialism v. capitalism -> wealth inequality -> politics -> the America Dream -> the death of the American Dream ->addictions ->porn -> mental health addictions -> yelling at kids -> yelling at old people -> global warming -> social media -> more porn -> children.

Add in a dash of general snarkiness and sarcasm and that sums up the past 48 hours of this thread.  It's pretty fascinating to see how the threads tie back to each other.  Because in the end, it's bogus bricks's fault.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TANV said:

So, we went from bogus bricks -> factory conditions -> unsafe factory conditions -> socialism -> workers rights ->politics -> socialism v. capitalism -> wealth inequality -> politics -> the America Dream -> the death of the American Dream ->addictions ->porn -> mental health addictions -> yelling at kids -> yelling at old people -> global warming -> social media -> more porn -> children.

Add in a dash of general snarkiness and sarcasm and that sums up the past 48 hours of this thread.  It's pretty fascinating to see how the threads tie back to each other.  Because in the end, it's bogus bricks's fault.

Meanwhile, I posted again on Reddit and my karma keeps dropping.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, junkrigger said:

Like most business owners and corporate managers you sing the praises of immigrants who will work harder, longer, for less. As far as working the trenches. How many homeless youth do you interact with, how many students, how many elderly? If someone doesn't own a car they don't even register right. I have news for you, your whole industry is very likely on the wrong side of history, in 100 years petrol burning vehicles will be viewed the same way cigarettes are today. It takes time but a machine designed to pollute without regard can only be buried for so long until its consequences seep so deeply into the surroundings that all is tainted. I teach homeless youth, teach at university, am a research physicist working on nuclear fusion research. If Reagan had not cut the funding for such research draconianly we might already be realizing clean nearly unlimited energy sources. Nothing said today will matter a s***, the future outcome is all that matters and I encourage all to think very carefully about the decisions and stances they take today as we all will be judged someday. For those that need a refresher on how great the internal combustion engine is for our planet, our bodies and every single living thing I encourage a short time spent in a sealed space with an engine running, after all the earth truly is a sealed space, and a simple calculation could be made to determine how many engines running would be the equivalent of a person sitting in their sealed garage with the engine on. 
 

 

4 hours ago, junkrigger said:

I have a great new business selling the most amazing new product. The best part is with every item I sell and dollar I make the air gets polluted with neurotoxins, carcinogens and other great chemicals every healthy child and adult needs. The best part is all those great pollutants don’t stay localized in my neighborhood they get spread all over for every man woman and child on the face of the earth to enjoy with every breath. One other great side effect is that every item sold helps warm the planet and raise sea levels so all those folks in equatorial regions can finally lose their farmland and homes near sea level. It’s the perfect business, I profit at the expense of everyone’s suffering. I know some of you will object and say I am in direct conflict with your right to life and liberty, but You know what Tough s*** cause I already have half the government leaders in my pocket, all the spineless, corrupt, two faced little cowards have been bought and paid for, they don’t represent you, they are there to protect my interests, my profits, at the expense of your lives and your children’s.


Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Welcome to the forum, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  I didn't know you were a LEGO fan or a fan of nuclear fusion.  Cool.  

48 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

This thread is better than Gold!!!

I figured we needed a boost so I stirred the pot.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, junkrigger said:

True to form out come the Ed bootlicks and cheerleaders. Deflect and distract, I wonder where we have seen that before. If only you all ( and there sure are many of you) could actually come up with some legitimate facts. 

For those of you who didn't know what a bootlick was (like myself), I looked it up...

Definition of bootlick

transitive verb

: to try to gain favor with through a servile or obsequious manner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, TANV said:

So, we went from bogus bricks -> factory conditions -> unsafe factory conditions -> socialism -> workers rights ->politics -> socialism v. capitalism -> wealth inequality -> politics -> the America Dream -> the death of the American Dream ->addictions ->porn -> mental health addictions -> yelling at kids -> yelling at old people -> global warming -> social media -> more porn -> children.

Add in a dash of general snarkiness and sarcasm and that sums up the past 48 hours of this thread.  It's pretty fascinating to see how the threads tie back to each other.  Because in the end, it's bogus bricks's fault.

You forgot Dusty Rhodes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, donbee said:

You know what’s wrong with kids these days?

Their parents.

Where’d they learn to raise kids like that?
Their parents.

When are the older generations gonna start taking responsibility for the world they created for the youth?

“I didn’t make this world, I was just born in it.” -Tupac

Yep.  I am an enabler.  I am the problem.  I blame my parents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mizeur said:

This is a well-documented phenomenon that even the noted Trotskyites  cheerleaders of capital at Forbes present as a given: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2019/02/28/americas-wealth-inequality-is-at-roaring-twenties-levels/

If you want more neutral data, Wikipedia has a nice chart from the CBO showing how inequality has spiked in the last 30 years (though it's a trend that really goes back to the 70s). https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States

 

Yes, there is income inequality and it's getting worse.  There is inequality in many things.  But does that excuse people for buying products that are illegal?  Obviously you are a LEGO fan/collector/reseller and care about the future of an iconic toy like LEGO bricks.  My point to you was that buying and selling bogus bricks is wrong and income inequality doesn't make it right.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...