LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

1 hour ago, pete411 said:

Dimensions pretty much stopped working on the Wii U during season 2 because of its measly 32gb of storage so the chances of them making a Switch version is less than zero. 

Dimensions in general was a complete and utter flip - DOA. Lego was two years late to market (just like BrickHeadz is now) and I can imagine that they've lost hundreds of millions due to development costs and overstocked inventory. Pulling the plug halfway through their three year plan seems like the most sensible course of action for them.

It was pretty interesting when Disney pulled the plug on Infinity just when Dimensions was barely in 1st year.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just from being in liquidation and how this was handled all signs point to it being done.  You don't liquidate in this manner it you are continuing a theme.  You've killed the whole product once you offer it out to retail at what they sold it for.  This was cheaper than anything in the world of liquidation.  This was just a product dump.  Cut your losses and move on type of move.   

Companies liquidate these toys to life all the time in normal liquidation channels for much higher than this was sold for.  

Pretty baffling how it was handled but good for brickpickers who could partake.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

I would be shocked if they don't add Marvel/SW. This is multi level. What I mean by that is you have kids who want it and collectors/AFOL who want the mini figs.

The problem here is the licensing with Disney Infinity. Would need that to go away first. Same reason there's random stuff like the fact there's never been a Lego Star Wars chess set.

4 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Just from being in liquidation and how this was handled all signs point to it being done.  You don't liquidate in this manner it you are continuing a theme.  You've killed the whole product once you offer it out to retail at what they sold it for.  This was cheaper than anything in the world of liquidation.  This was just a product dump.  Cut your losses and move on type of move.   

Companies liquidate these toys to life all the time in normal liquidation channels for much higher than this was sold for.  

Pretty baffling how it was handled but good for brickpickers who could partake.

Best point made thus far. Who is going to pay $25 for something that so many have found for $1 and are now reselling for $10 online? I want the Gremlins set for the exclusive figures but I'm sure not going to pay $25 for it. How many people will, now that the bar has been set so low for Dimensions? Even 50% off is now 20% more than the going rate.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mfortunek said:

Best point made thus far. Who is going to pay $25 for something that so many have found for $1 and are now reselling for $10 online? I want the Gremlins set for the exclusive figures but I'm sure not going to pay $25 for it. How many people will, now that the bar has been set so low for Dimensions? Even 50% off is now 20% more than the going rate.  

I'm not a Dimensions gamer, but I have _never_ paid more than 60% of MSRP for any Dimensions packs I've purchased (I think the only one I got for only 40% off was the HP team pack in the Target pre-order). Most of them at 50% off or more. ET, Doc Brown, Marty, BA Baracus, Marceline, Gimli etc.

2 minutes ago, mfortunek said:

I'm going downstairs to check my stash tonight.  I know I have Sonic, A-Team and E.T.  but I might have been waiting for a sale on Gremlins, can't remember.  Should still be able to get it discounted at TRU.

The problem here is the licensing with Disney Infinity. Would need that to go away first. Same reason there's random stuff like the fact there's never been a Lego Star Wars chess set.

DI is officially finished. Disney would be stupid to not get free money from lego and it's also silly for lego not to add those 2 IPs to Dimensions.

Wouldn't be surprised to see SW/Marvel in 2018 in Dimensions. This is all my own thoughts and 2 cents. I don't think the toys to life is finished. With DI done I wouldn't be shocked to see Dimensions as the top dog in that. Parents don't want 4-5 different TTL games but if there is 1 and only new stuff every 2-3 months it's manageable/enjoyable.

A part of me wishes they were publicly traded to see their numbers from Dimensions. If they are losing money from this than obviously it's smart to wrap it up but we don't know and just because the whole 99cent store thing doesn't prove one thing or the other.

Only time will tell what happens but I enjoy the game and I think it adds to lego and the brand. Which benefits all of us. (Minus those selling minifigures lol)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

I'm sure the line is done. That said there will be a market for these for the next 12-18 months. And yes, plenty of people will pay msrp for some of the 99c store finds.

Only after they are no longer being produced by Lego. As long as Dimensions is in production, TLG's MSRP is going to feel sky-high from now on. There's no going back.

Only after they are no longer being produced by Lego. As long as Dimensions is in production, TLG's MSRP is going to feel sky-high from now on. There's no going back.

To you and I, sure.

Have you see what the adventure time girl and new batman ones were at in amazon?

I'm just saying hat assuming there is no more large dump of product at bargain prices you'll see them do well. Not all of course (looking at you gimli) but several winners.

20 minutes ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

To you and I, sure.

Have you see what the adventure time girl and new batman ones were at in amazon?

I'm just saying hat assuming there is no more large dump of product at bargain prices you'll see them do well. Not all of course (looking at you gimli) but several winners.

Don't forget Gollum.

8 hours ago, Clintonjoseph said:

A possible clue of dimensions ending?

Maybe, but let's not forget these starter packs have been on continuous sale for the last year or so. Around Christmas they were all $50 off at various retailers (Gamestop, Target, Meijer), with the best deal being the $28 PS4 starter packs w Supergirl poly at Target a few weeks before Christmas (though Meijer's $40 minus coupon plus free fun pack was pretty good too).

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:22 PM, Lego Templar said:

No offense to just2good (like him and his channel) that being said...I believe he's in his late teens early 20s. I don't see how he would have info on it. Unless someone he knows works for WB or Lego directly. Not saying it's impossible but I honestly see them finishing at least 3 years. I would be shocked if they don't add Marvel/SW. This is multi level. What I mean by that is you have kids who want it and collectors/AFOL who want the mini figs.

Anything is possible but I don't think Dimensions is done before 2019. What do I know though lol...

just2good has an established reputation. That is enough, I would think.

Edit: you know, maybe just2good is Jorgen Vid Knudstorp's online alter-ego.

1 hour ago, pete411 said:

Noticed an influx of large quantities of Homer packs at my local Target that I suspect are returns from somebody shopping at 99 Cent Stores. All other packs they only have a couple in stock. Rotten. Just rotten.

Ugh. Abusing the return without receipt policy.

298459b31bd33bc5272e14f6019986ba.jpg

I figure what the hell. Even at their current low BL prices maybe they will be an impulse item for my other orders.

I left 34 Gimli on the shelf. Not enough room in the cart.

In the cart:  82 Simpsons, 39 Gimli, 11 Cragger, 12 Legolas

Edited by superheat
more info
  • Like 7

Can someone do me a quick favor and give me a weight and dimensions on a case of a level pack?  It doesn't matter which one (Doctor Who, Jurassic World, etc).  I'm just curious to know what the weight and dimensions are.  I'm looking at some shipping options for people that have bulk ordered for me.

11 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Can someone do me a quick favor and give me a weight and dimensions on a case of a level pack?  It doesn't matter which one (Doctor Who, Jurassic World, etc).  I'm just curious to know what the weight and dimensions are.  I'm looking at some shipping options for people that have bulk ordered for me.

a 6 pack?

About 8½ by 7 by 9 in old money 

213 002.jpg

• Like 2