LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, randrace said:

That was before I took 12. I left 50+ Homers.

Thank you sir! I just arm swept 24 Homers. I'm glad I saved a bunch of the cases from previous packs. These are going in those cases and will stack nicely. Thanks for the heads up. 

Did you notice all of the Gimli's? There weren't that many yesterday. 

Edited by legodelorean
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

You guys are making me second guess when Chima is being bought but Gimlis are left behind. :P
Such an insult to poor Gimli.

I think in the long run Gimli and the LOTR packs will do better than Chima packs. Speaking of Chima, I was at a 99 a couple days ago and there were only 4 Chima Cragger packs left on the shelf. I put them in my basket and then 30 seconds later a little girl shows up and I hear her say "hey wait a minute.....no more Chima??" She obviously saw them earlier and was confused on where they went. I slowly turned and walked toward the checkout lane. I felt bad but quickly got over it. ?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

I think in the long run Gimli and the LOTR packs will do better than Chima packs. Speaking of Chima, I was at a 99 a couple days ago and there were only 4 Chima Cragger packs left on the shelf. I put them in my basket and then 30 seconds later a little girl shows up and I hear her say "hey wait a minute.....no more Chima??" She obviously saw them earlier and was confused on where they went. I slowly turned and walked toward the checkout lane. I felt bad but quickly got over it. 1f61d.png

Ruthless

• Like 6

I think in the long run Gimli and the LOTR packs will do better than Chima packs. Speaking of Chima, I was at a 99 a couple days ago and there were only 4 Chima Cragger packs left on the shelf. I put them in my basket and then 30 seconds later a little girl shows up and I hear her say "hey wait a minute.....no more Chima??" She obviously saw them earlier and was confused on where they went. I slowly turned and walked toward the checkout lane. I felt bad but quickly got over it.

Like taking Chima from a baby. This is the guy I'm helping clean out Los Angeles?
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

I think in the long run Gimli and the LOTR packs will do better than Chima packs. Speaking of Chima, I was at a 99 a couple days ago and there were only 4 Chima Cragger packs left on the shelf. I put them in my basket and then 30 seconds later a little girl shows up and I hear her say "hey wait a minute.....no more Chima??" She obviously saw them earlier and was confused on where they went. I slowly turned and walked toward the checkout lane. I felt bad but quickly got over it. 1f61d.png

Should of gave the kid one of the chima sets, it's not always about money, few dollars in profit compared against a kid actually playing with lego wins every time in my books. It's not like there's a shortage in them aswell, guessing you've already bought hundreds already, doubt you would have missed a single set.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Should of gave the kid one of the chima sets, it's not always about money, few dollars in profit compared against a kid actually playing with lego wins every time in my books. It's not like there's a shortage in them aswell, guessing you've already bought hundreds already, doubt you would have missed a single set.

Actually, I didn't have any of the Cragger sets as I was avoiding them before. I don't have hundreds and I am a small fish compared to some others who are buying pallet loads. Now that things are looking scarce and these packs seem to be drying up, I thought I would buy a few. Two of them went to my kids, one was for me, and one was to hold on to. Do you still think I'm a rotten reseller? Lol.

Edited by legodelorean

6 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

Actually, I didn't have any of the Cragger sets as I was avoiding them before. I don't have hundreds and I am a small fish compared to some others who are buying pallet loads. Now that things are looking scarce and these packs seem to be drying up, I thought I would buy a few. Two of them went to my kids, one was for me, and one was to hold on to. Do you still think I'm a rotten reseller? Lol.

IMG_3170.JPG

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

Yes

• Like 2

You know, I got in late so I never got like half the sets.

I never got Doctor Who, Jurassic World, Scooby Doo, Ninjago Team, Emmet, Unikitty, Jay, Wicked Witch, Laval, Krusty or Eris. I honestly don't know if any DC ever showed or how much from 2016 may have showed.

There was plenty for all to get something if a guy like me who missed the first week or more was able to get his fill. I'm not a hustler like some here. I don't have the energy or resources. Would I like some of the ones I didn't get? sure, of course. Is it something that will bug me? Nah, not really. I'm grateful to this community for sharing the information. Thanks guys.

Don't let a one time non-repeatable phenomenon color your perceptions going forward. Everything must be taken on its own merits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Don't let a one time non-repeatable phenomenon color your perceptions going forward. Everything must be taken on its own merits.

This is very important. It would not be wise to  let this one extraordinary phenomenon stop you from investing in other LEGO products.  Don't let the fact that 99 cent only stores don't seem to understand the true value of LEGO cloud your judgement on what LEGO should cost, and what consumers think LEGO should cost. 

I mean, come on, Marty Mcfly, his guitar, and hover board for a buck? Two main Ninjago characters for a buck? Cragger for a buck? Ok that ones not a good example. Dr. Who and Tardis for a buck? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tunnelvision said:

This is very important. It would not be wise to  let this one extraordinary phenomenon stop you from investing in other LEGO products.  Don't let the fact that 99 cent only stores don't seem to understand the true value of LEGO cloud your judgement on what LEGO should cost, and what consumers think LEGO should cost. 

I mean, come on, Marty Mcfly, his guitar, and hover board for a buck? Two main Ninjago characters for a buck? Cragger for a buck? Ok that ones not a good example. Dr. Who and Tardis for a buck? 

It's more that If you start evaluating every set based on this sale, you'll never be satisfied with anything you buy LEGO related. If people want to invest or don't want to invest, I'm not going to tell them to do differently. However, it's not like we're seeing $50 Death Stars and $10 Heartlake hotels. We're seeing a bunch of stuff that originally had poor investment potential and a bad price per piece breakdown. Now they've swung really far in the other direction. It's not repeatable. There's no way that there will be another sudden influx of really cheap sets like this. Everyone should just enjoy it for what it is and not expect it to be the new normal.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tunnelvision said:

Don't let the fact that 99 cent only stores don't seem to understand the true value of LEGO cloud your judgement on what LEGO should cost, and what consumers think LEGO should cost. 

Not just the 99c stores. 
I’ve been hovering up some of the low lying fruit on ebay.  Picked up 23 homers yesterday for £3.17 each shipped and taxed into the UK.  

2 hours ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Any new shipments today or we all done?

I went to two different stores. One store had one Cragger and a possibility of more in the back (they hadn't broken down the pallets and weren't too keen on looking), and the other store had Homers and Gimlis. The Homers are new, as they weren't there a few days ago.

An employee I talked with at the first store said they are only getting little shipments at a time and not the huge amounts they were getting before. He said to check tomorrow to see what they have.

• Like 2