LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

I didt visit any 99c store in 3 days...whats going on? I hope nothing...nothing good.

Some Homer's popped up thanks to an alert from my amigo randrace, so I was able to pick up 4 cases. Besides that I'm not seeing much else. I went to another store this evening and they were all out. I know they got their delivery today and the lady said there was a cart full earlier but it was gone by the time I got there. I don't know how much longer these Homer packs will keep popping up. It seems this is the only Level pack around now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Does that mean Dimensions is not going to be released for the Nintendo Switch??

Dimensions pretty much stopped working on the Wii U during season 2 because of its measly 32gb of storage so the chances of them making a Switch version is less than zero. 

Dimensions in general was a complete and utter flip - DOA. Lego was two years late to market (just like BrickHeadz is now) and I can imagine that they've lost hundreds of millions due to development costs and overstocked inventory. Pulling the plug halfway through their three year plan seems like the most sensible course of action for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

So this was posted today...

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 11.45.16 AM.png

Since just2good posts a lot of leaks and rumors, there's some weight behind this.  Not hearing anything from any other sources yet, though...

Dimensions is done as in the gaming aspect of it is done, or the shipments to the 99 cent store are done? Also, what is Vortech? Please pardon the stupid questions.......

No offense to just2good (like him and his channel) that being said...I believe he's in his late teens early 20s. I don't see how he would have info on it. Unless someone he knows works for WB or Lego directly. Not saying it's impossible but I honestly see them finishing at least 3 years. I would be shocked if they don't add Marvel/SW. This is multi level. What I mean by that is you have kids who want it and collectors/AFOL who want the mini figs.

Anything is possible but I don't think Dimensions is done before 2019. What do I know though lol...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

Dimensions is done as in the gaming aspect of it is done, or the shipments to the 99 cent store are done? Also, what is Vortech? Please pardon the stupid questions.......

1. just2good is suggesting that the gaming aspect of Dimensions is done.  It was supposed to be a 3 Year endeavor.  Wave 7.5 just came out.  We are in the middle of Year 2.  There was originally scheduled a Year 3 line (potential properties unannounced).

2. Over on the Inside Dimensions podcast, they had some insight to the 99 Cent Store acquisition (this is me semi-quoting them):  According to them, there were 478 pallets (each pallet containing cases of sets) that the 99 Cent Store acquired.  A distributor of toys decided to liquidate their inventory (the 478 pallets) of Dimensions.  Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Ross, 99 Cent Only Stores - they all have bid on the products.  In this case, 99 Cent Only Stores won.  This is how those stores often acquire a number of their products (from distributor liquidation).  What you see is what you get with the 99 Cent Only Stores.  Basically, LEGO way over produced Year 1, and don't expect to see the same for the Year 2 products.

3. Vortech was the big baddie for Year 1 in Dimensions. There is no minifigure for him (yet).

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

No offense to just2good (like him and his channel) that being said...I believe he's in his late teens early 20s. I don't see how he would have info on it. Unless someone he knows works for WB or Lego directly. Not saying it's impossible but I honestly see them finishing at least 3 years. I would be shocked if they don't add Marvel/SW. This is multi level. What I mean by that is you have kids who want it and collectors/AFOL who want the mini figs.

Anything is possible but I don't think Dimensions is done before 2019. What do I know though lol...

just2good is the only one reporting this right now.  Bricks to Life is a known source for Dimensions news, and knows people on the inside.  He's not given any hint yet that it's over.  Waiting to see if he has anything to say one way or the other.

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Basically, LEGO way over produced Year 1, and don't expect to see the same for the Year 2 products.

Thank you for the info. I didn't know about the whole liquidation thing. That makes sense. I guess I need to stock up and buy everything I see then. This won't last forever and once it's gone I believe I'll be telling myself that I should have bought more.

1 minute ago, legodelorean said:

Thank you for the info. I didn't know about the whole liquidation thing. That makes sense. I guess I need to stock up and buy everything I see then. This won't last forever and once it's gone I believe I'll be telling myself that I should have bought more.

We are over one month into this.  Restocks should be pretty slim at this point.  I personally don't expect to see anything else in the stores.

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

1. just2good is suggesting that the gaming aspect of Dimensions is done.  It was supposed to be a 3 Year endeavor.  Wave 7.5 just came out.  We are in the middle of Year 2.  There was originally scheduled a Year 3 line (potential properties unannounced).

2. Over on the Inside Dimensions podcast, they had some insight to the 99 Cent Store acquisition (this is me semi-quoting them):  According to them, there were 478 pallets (each pallet containing cases of sets) that the 99 Cent Store acquired.  A distributor of toys decided to liquidate their inventory (the 478 pallets) of Dimensions.  Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Ross, 99 Cent Only Stores - they all have bid on the products.  In this case, 99 Cent Only Stores won.  This is how those stores often acquire a number of their products (from distributor liquidation).  What you see is what you get with the 99 Cent Only Stores.  Basically, LEGO way over produced Year 1, and don't expect to see the same for the Year 2 products.

3. Vortech was the big baddie for Year 1 in Dimensions. There is no minifigure for him (yet).

I would not be shocked if Dimensions is done.  LEGO has bigger fish to fry, like their hot new Emoji theme.

• Like 2