What did your child build today?

kfishe2

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to get in on a sale for the Lego Technic Bucket Wheel Excavator. My 6 year old has been building the dump truck using this build guide:

Bucket Wheel Excavator build guide.

He has almost finished the dump truck by himself. I am wondering if I should hide the excavator bags until he is a bit older, or let him give it a whirl. Any advice from those with similar aged kids, or have been through it? I don't want to get him frusterated with the hobby as his Mom is worried.

On November 12, 2016 at 9:28 AM, stubblejumper said:

I managed to get in on a sale for the Lego Technic Bucket Wheel Excavator. My 6 year old has been building the dump truck using this build guide:

Bucket Wheel Excavator build guide.

He has almost finished the dump truck by himself. I am wondering if I should hide the excavator bags until he is a bit older, or let him give it a whirl. Any advice from those with similar aged kids, or have been through it? I don't want to get him frusterated with the hobby as his Mom is worried.

Go ahead and give him to build. My 6 years old build the truck by himself and about 70% of the excavator, the rest his mom build it. But for sure, he will loss his patience once in a while, just give him some encourage and it should be fine. By the way, my son spend a little bit over a month to build the whole thing. 

P.S. He read the instruction better than my wife, he can point out her mistake. ? 

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, so I was going through some old pictures and I found this gem from Christmas 2006. This is me, 8 year old Stud-Flipper with one of the first LEGO sets I ever got. It was early and I was very sleepy, and probably a little grumpy that I didn't get the batcave or joker copter.

IMG_0346.JPG

Edited by Stud-Flipper
  • Like 9

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:54 PM, Stud-Flipper said:
OMG, so I was going through some old pictures and I found this gem from Christmas 2006. This is me, 8 year old Stud-Flipper with one of the first LEGO sets I ever got. It was early and I was very sleepy, and probably a little grumpy that I didn't get the batcave or joker copter.

8 year old you is from 2006?!?

Ugh. Meanwhile, 8 year old is from a few decades earlier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...