What did your child build today?

kfishe2

21305 The Maze with my son - we had a little bit of father & son time today as my wife and my daughter are staying overnight at a dance competition. A little, because most of it was driving back from said dance competition, then quickly eating something so he could sit in the back of my classes for 3+ hours while I ran them. Did manage to build The Maze in roughly 1hr - we raced through it (he's almost 10 and competitive in his building :) ). First tries this evening have proven that it is challenging and totally sucks you in. We won't have much more time before the ladies arrive tomorrow late afternoon - I teach another class Saturdays (Minecraft, so he gets to participate) so not much Maze time between sleeping in, preparing for class, driving to class and teaching.

This set is going to be a hit. Lots of cool bricks and plates (1x14 tan bricks, anyone?) - but likely LEGO produced a gazillion of them so we'll see them in stores for the next 5 years. Cue @exciter1 and his boat full of LEGO boxes pic.

• Like 6

548bbc2cf70f3f5fd5d2868de6c65c60.jpgd3050dbfe50e8be4cd23e6b02e39b28c.jpg1b41660b61c37553342600d4aa7a78bf.jpg

I can't claim credit for this, but my 6 year old built this while I was at work this morning. Its the attack on the Second death star with an x wing flying into the superstructure with the Millennium Falcon and some star destroyers, tie fighters, a tie bomber, a tie defender, and a random z95 helping out. I was impressed!

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, kfishe2 said:

I can't claim credit for this, but my 6 year old built this while I was at work this morning. Its the attack on the Second death star with an x wing flying into the superstructure with the Millennium Falcon and some star destroyers, tie fighters, a tie bomber, a tie defender, and a random z95 helping out. I was impressed!

6? Lol I actually really like it. so simple, little bit kid-like obviously, but yet, so complete. Great job!

I am fairly certain a member mentioned an idea for a "What did your child build today?" sort of topic way back. A lot of us here are a parent and this reminded me. Does anyone else think it is a good idea and worth a shot? It would be a great way to show off your little ones' creativity.

• Like 1

I like the idea. My question, tho, is are you thinking of MOCs only or anything that a kid builds?

My 4 year is outstanding at building but he's a direction follower (like me). We can't get creative with MOCs but we are constantly building official sets.

Official sets, to me, can stay in the "What did you build today?" thread.

30 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I like the idea. My question, tho, is are you thinking of MOCs only or anything that a kid builds?

Anything goes is what I am thinking. Official sets would still be fine in the original build topic but they could also go in the kids one as well. It could also be a great place to hear shared experiences.

• Like 1

Some more building by the kids.

My kids have been playing the DC Mighty Micros app so we went and grabbed all the DC ones yesterday.

My daughter built Batman, Catwoman and Captain Cold (my favorite). My son built Flash, Robin and Bane.

54da76a257a20735b109124bb48b5a9b.jpg

889a00d64168a16744b4e579d7a11b76.jpg

My son also decided to open up an Iron Patriot. Oops. Oh well!

e0ac0db2de5753b3f615b058b709c365.jpg

• Like 6

Hi all,

Yesday we (my 5 year old daughter and myself) finished Arendelle set 41068. Her first Lego build using instructions. I really liked to watch her building it, sometimes with my guidance. Hopefully this is the start to build many sets together...pure quality time! (hate the stickers by the way :derisive:)

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:16 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Over the last week my son and I worked on Benny's Spaceship together. Fun build! Big and bulky. The kids are fighting over who can have it hanging up in their room.

Loved building this, got a real kick out of the blocks with the space logo and the whole monitor screen wedges, real blast from the past.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:29 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Kids and I built a couple of things over the last couple of days:

76064 Spider-Man and Green Goblin Mighty Micros

75837 Audi R8 LMS Ultra

75129 Microfighter Wookie Gunship

75126 Microfighter First Order Snowspeeder

75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike

Your Audi R8 has some crooked stickers ;)