What did you do today?

18 hours ago, KShine said:

I am right behind you - I really hate to dismantle the room (It is like a time capsule).

Sad - One day they just stopped playing (everything was left right were they were last being played with).

like a Thanos snap...suddenly stopped play...and what just felt like a few hours; they are like 5 years older and practically all grown

Maybe the the difficulties of the teenage years are good for both child and parent...cuz it sounds like many times both sides  are ready to part ways by the end of it...

Right now if my "9 year old" went away to college...I don't think I would be OK

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 2nd dose of pfizer this morning...have a headache which started pretty shortly after getting it.  Hard to focus on work...Will just have to rely on BPer to get me through the day 🥴

The lady doing the observation period was super chatty (she typically forgot to tell people when their time was up); I guess she was talking to all of us (captive audience anyone)...shared a story that she had known an Indian couple who recently moved back to India (after immigrating to US many years ago) to get away from all the US issues...she heard they both died of Covid 2 weeks in. 

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Got my 2nd dose of pfizer this morning...have a headache which started pretty shortly after getting it.  Hard to focus on work...Will just have to rely on BPer to get me through the day 🥴

after my 2nd dose of Pfizer, I was fine, except.... for 2 hours of the most massive headache I have had in a while... I am usually a push through type of guy...(small biz, no phoning it in) but after 15 minutes it was either lay down or fall down.  Then, after the 2 Advil kicked in, I was fine.

• Like 2

Maybe also appropriate for the Walmart Clearance thread, I've been tooling around to various local Walmart stores picking up clearance Hart tools. They are revamping the line for the year bringing in new twice-the-price brushless tools, so I'm finding a little here and a little there marked way down. Initially I just wanted a little inflator and a car washer. But I just kept finding good deals. Even the steel shelving unit was just $21. Now if only I could afford to buy any lumber right now.

PXL_20210503_033028884.thumb.jpg.e01b448d9be5d7ffa33e3a30369c08f3.jpg

• Like 9

Maybe also appropriate for the Walmart Clearance thread, I've been tooling around to various local Walmart stores picking up clearance Hart tools. They are revamping the line for the year bringing in new twice-the-price brushless tools, so I'm finding a little here and a little there marked way down. Initially I just wanted a little inflator and a car washer. But I just kept finding good deals. Even the steel shelving unit was just $21. Now if only I could afford to buy any lumber right now.
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_05/PXL_20210503_033028884.thumb.jpg.e01b448d9be5d7ffa33e3a30369c08f3.jpg

cca03a062691f814e69b8cf9e897f21c.jpg
10” mitersaws for $38 each. Might even keep one to replace my old Hitachi. Awee it has a laser, too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

cca03a062691f814e69b8cf9e897f21c.jpg
10” mitersaws for $38 each. Might even keep one to replace my old Hitachi. Awee it has a laser, too

Yep, that's what I paid for mine, didn't see any others around. I'm hoping its more accurate than my Harbor Freight special, but I'm not holding my breath.

On 5/2/2021 at 4:42 PM, Pseudoty said:

Then on the way home a house exploded and I was the only one around. 

134B5D73-102A-4684-BF19-9D9A690BBC80.jpeg

Somehow this reminds me of the random scene in Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure when he’s sees the pet store on fire. Did you rescue any snakes?

46 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Yep, that's what I paid for mine, didn't see any others around. I'm hoping its more accurate than my Harbor Freight special, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, that's what worries me. I'm thinking Hart tools are more likely akin to lower tier Ryobi or Kobalt stuff and maybe something like the nicer Warrior brand Harbor Freight sells. I still routinely square my Hitachi Miter saw so as long as the arbor is straight it should do the job. If you are in to discount tools, Direct Tools Factory Outlet has some nice deals on Ryboi and Ridgid tools that are "factory blemished" basically sealed boxes with dents and dings on the boxes. They seem to put stuff on sale every few months. Not quite what VipOut was like when selling tools, though. I still have my $29 pressure washer and $35 Wen drill press from them. Those were some crazy prices. 

27 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Somehow this reminds me of the random scene in Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure when he’s sees the pet store on fire. Did you rescue any snakes?

No snakes or people. The guy that was smoking with oxygen on died. I did help calm one woman down who was freaking out, rightfully so. Luckily there was no kids inside because there was no going inside to rescue anyone. 

https://www.delawarenewsline.com/2021/05/03/elderly-man-dies-in-little-creek-house-trailer-fire-sunday-afternoon/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Deep DEEP spring cleaning

led by my better half...so basically a minute by minute indictment of the honey-do list I have neglected for years...and every nook and crannie she looks into has LEGO in them.

Just shoot me now.

My condolences. haha

I still remember when we moved out of our last place about four years ago. I sold about $8000 worth of Lego in preparation for it, so that my wife wouldn't see how many sets I had in storage. When we finally moved, she was still shocked at how many sets I had. If only she knew. 

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My lease is up in one year so I have to make a decision soon.  I would like to find a larger space but nothing is available at the moment without going too big.  It would be ideal if the move was right after the holidays.  Either way, I’m not looking forward to it.

I've been on the hunt for more shelving for my basement warehouse, in the past I was using pre-made wood frames from Menards and half sheets of OSB for the shelves - as cheap as I could go. Last spring I made two 8 foot sections this way for about $130. Just now priced out what that would cost today: $393!!!!! I'd bring it down to $321 if I cut down the OSB sheets myself.

Anyway, obviously not about to go that route. I found a guy on FBMarketplace who just moved into a bigger house with built-in shelving selling off "4-5 sets of shelving" for $100. From the picture I can see it's probably more or less nice stuff. So I went and bought it and spent the afternoon sorting it out. Most of it is 4 ft x 2 ft rivet shelving along with some 3' x 18" stuff, plus some cheaper metal tab assembly type. Came with 20 of the larger boards and 10 of the smaller ones, but there are frames enough for 30 of the larger shelves, which... this is a crazy amount of shelving to get for $100. He said he was surprised no one had bought it yet, he looked online and a three pack of these shelves is like $200, I replied, "well, I know that, that's why I'm here".  Plus, my wife starts summer break today AND I filed my taxes.

srgw4MfHI4s58QgzvUpb3QKgvL_fHxaP4gGTiOzaz2kWhNaN1-Xrx9Qx74g80OCy9wTlMWNBwQ72WN3x2OIghsiCD6MUuOAgkoJy7KiSoT9x39iSE-x1uKDtIpS2DLyeI6-1OEGsavdpwyKHg64YPls-L2O2VMe698K6NTaE02Fcx4QE2HIyiroOwa4Mb3gh2SZ_7lVOjhUI4F6jhnsftnZS33ljJz50_3bKJbLpVzRlPXHY1eBq7qgVu_5rOEy56EhM-7ecrqn3Dm3-O6fTe3rrG-7UdwHbV8smAN1HWPd_X_WBHCred1kRCw1Tu1CiIb5fCUl_h-i1YYluwXleCjUpcVZuy8irWrtc5KZK0RZPhWqGis-lCp2a8aKj8Lr5oEyHDshcnyhrbUkF-gRLWtCFyY9MAIfxoM-F8Br0RZQiQzC_y1GFPUO-5qu02cegT5sr5nDacMyevXr1-OByZZxB_6O4HNeAtyJBoRp1x1wZdolS5XTqXlGDgOXp_LIqfzot_rGwXZjPU19bYC0jvC_wZ9G1jH2BmFb_Dlngoy3CODEwZTXJ6B7b7atQ6m7u50igfpHPWB6E_QKpYFdZAKtwJdsY_BRhJi9pE5BJh56oqOfg4GYvaZe7rp8iFsTf918GEN3cKVyTV2eSCVDYNdw0JnAWB6F110xyNAE6vikD2HSCUdcJKlfIMuNrZEqCtBE5eODciVb52kYlVdFnsm6w=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Scanned all of my HP funko collection into the App ( and a couple of miscellaneous ones ) . Ordered a few commons that it was missing . 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_05/5E6D5472-0FEC-4296-ACD6-25274150B309.thumb.jpeg.1c12f6643838628e5f34e2f61e5b90fa.jpeg

Can you retake without the LEGO? Thanks.

• Haha 1