What did you do today?

4 hours ago, Achilles said:

I know it's not remotely the same, but I am strongly considering buying one of the ATGames Legends Pinball machines.

My friend has one, I've played it.  For the money it's not bad especially if you are able to add a bunch of tables to it (comes with 22 I think?).  As you mention, definitely not the same as a real table.  But compared to other digital machines the 32" 1080 screen on the AtGames pin beats the Arcade1up 24" 720 screen.  Availability looks tough right now, supply problems like everything else. 

shopify-image_b659bf42-7f17-4f8b-b955-8a5e157501ea_1400x.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle

Congrats [mention=82847]MusiKyle[/mention]! I've never played or seen that one before. Looks cool. 
The T2 pinball machine was the one I spent plenty of quarters on as a teenager. Would love to get one for my bonus room one day.

Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure is on my list...I skipped many classes in college when they had that in the student center.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 12:08 PM, oneknightr said:

The T2 pinball machine was the one I spent plenty of quarters on as a teenager. Would love to get one for my bonus room one day.

I dumped many quarters into that machine whenever I saw one. A classic playfield by Steve Ritchie. A while back I came across information about the infamous "profanity ROMs" where for whatever reason Arnold Schwarzenegger swore a couple lines for the heck of it between "F**k you a**hole", "You missed a**hole", and "You lose a**hole".

15 hours ago, redcell said:

Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure is on my list...I skipped many classes in college when they had that in the student center.

I did not have much exposure to that particular pinball but was fortunate enough to play a couple times back in the day. I think I ended up playing the Jurassic Park one by Data East next to it a bit more which could have been attributed to me being a kid liking dinosaurs or the big boys always hogging Indiana Jones. Haha. I do miss the local arcade ambiance.

• Haha 1

Finally secured a new storage area after looking for a few months, the rental mkt is crazy hot here for apt and even small storage areas. This one came up on Saturday, I viewed it on Sunday and submitted my paperwork same day, just got the confirmation today! Looking forward to re-organising my stuff, they are now in 2 different storage areas and also in my apartment's bomb shelter.

5 minutes ago, coelian said:

they are now in 2 different storage areas and also in my apartment's bomb shelter.

I can picture a BPer herding his kids, wife, and inlaws to the bomb shelter as the sirens are going off...opens door and sees a wall of Modulars taking up the space of possibly two adults...and then thinking real hard looking at his inlaws.

Then sees his wife's expression...and then ops to put his whole family in, but leaves himself out holding 5 sets..."F' it, I find other shelter"

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I can picture a BPer herding his kids, wife, and inlaws to the bomb shelter as the sirens are going off...opens door and sees a wall of Modulars taking up the space of possibly two adults...and then thinking real hard looking at his inlaws.

Then sees his wife's expression...and then ops to put his whole family in, but leaves himself out holding 5 sets..."F' it, I find other shelter"

If it's Cafe Corners, Green Grocers or Town Halls yes they have to go elsewhere. 😄

Not the whole basement is a bomb shelter, it's actually just one specific sector with bomb blast doors. The rest of the basement is split up into small storage areas for each family. We are not supposed to put anything in the bomb shelter but I do see some stuff in left there by some neighbours...

1 minute ago, coelian said:

If it's Cafe Corners, Green Grocers or Town Halls yes they have to go elsewhere. 😄

Not the whole basement is a bomb shelter, it's actually just one specific sector with bomb blast doors. The rest of the basement is split up into small storage areas for each family. We are not supposed to put anything in the bomb shelter but I do see some stuff in left there by some neighbours...

"hunny...what did you do with the 5-gallon water jugs and the emergency rations?"

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

use to build a life-size bomb shelter

sell the MOC as able to withstand B-52 bombings and nuclear fallout

it's not true but the buyer will have bigger problems then asking for his $ back

For some reason I got reminded of this. 

5 hours ago, Jbad87 said:

I added Buckhunter to the lineup today. If anyone is on the fence with the arcade 1 up cabinets I've found them to be good quality and easy to assemble. Apparently last summer walmart clearanced them out for super cheap. 20210414_230605.thumb.jpg.6703090d9b5d1e32cc0e3dfdd802d675.jpg

I have Pac-Man Deluxe, Golden Tee Deluxe, and Star Wars setup.  I ended up getting 2 Galaga, 2 Street Fighter, and 1 Final Fight for $50 each when Walmart clearanced them.  The Golden Tee and Pac-Man were $130 from Marshall's.  I did pay $300 for the Star Wars.

I gave my friend a Galaga and he's converting my Galaga to a Retro Pi machine.  I still have the other 2 Street Fighter and Final Fight sitting in my basement unopened.  I thought about getting one of those Legends systems, but I'm waiting to see how my Galaga turns out.

You should splurge and get a riser for your Pac-Man. I liked my Deluxe versions, because they come with custom risers.

• Like 2

I'm jealous of all your machines. I have a raspberry running retropie in the legends machine and its wonderful. Galaga is my favorite game of all time. I wish I had known these existed before galaga was gone from stores. I'm leaving pac man short for my daughter and the other neighbor kids that are still tiny. They love having a machine their size. The legends machine is good because it's a full size cabinet with a large screen. 

Edited by Jbad87
Spelling is hard

Spend this morning and part of the afternoon watching the first 14 episodes of season 1 of the Big Bang Theory on HBO Max with my daughter.  It was wonderful laughing and talking with her!  :) 

Watched an eBay auction close just after noon for the Mario Kart 64 box and manual that sold for $62.  Decided I did not really need it and saved my money as well as my sanity.  I play this game several times a week.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thedingman5 said:

End of an era...kids’ LEGO binned and stored 😪

image.jpg

I am right behind you - I really hate to dismantle the room (It is like a time capsule).

Sad - One day they just stopped playing (everything was left right were they were last being played with).

• Sad 8