40223 - Snowglobe

Val-E

22 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

The main issue now with freebies is the lift of the discount ban on exclusives. Those freebies were nice to offset the cost of them big boys sets but now I'm not so sure . hopefully some nice discounts on ur regular sets to go along  with the offer . 

yeah especially when sets like SC which are supposedly on way out sit there $63 off.  Definitely takes away the freebie benefits.  

14 minutes ago, KShine said:

I recall reading somewhere that yes, there will be early access.

The Snowglobe is listed on the November Store Calendar as a "Brick Friday" offer.  The calendar also shows November 19-20 as Double VIP points and early access to Brick Friday offers for VIPs.  So, you are correct.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Brickset make quite an important point for resellers (taking into account recent events e.g Darth Revin). There is no year marked on the box so it could come back at some stage.

http://brickset.com/article/24655

On the other hand: Reissuing sets WITH a year printed on the box wouldnt be a problem either. The value of the first issue drops this way or that - year printed on front or not. Yet they havent done remakes there and I think they wont start it, there are soooo many ideas for small xmas sets, it's like the last resort for TLG's formerly well-known innovative spirit...

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

I think it means if they have excess unsold stock they can put it out again like with Revan and not be screwed by an old box. That fits in more with the times.

Right, maybe they noticed that problem when planning to give away those Gingerbread houses during the London store opening. Just producing less doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...