40223 - Snowglobe

Val-E

I think that is pretty awesome.  I'm wondering if it's sealed to where you can fill it with water and make a real snowglobe out of it?  Judging from how the Holiday Train and Gingerbread House promotions went, this will have demand.  Although like i've said, Santa's Workshop will have lots of competition with multiple Santa sets put out just about every year.

Edited by fossilrock

7 minutes ago, legocolbylexi said:

when and where do we buy it?

These are lego holiday promo sets.  You usually have to spend 100.00 on sets through their website, or in a lego store to get one.  Last year there were 2 - gingerbread house and holiday train.  Who knows how many there will be this year.

LEGO 2016 Xmas set revealed/leaked?

Just seen this:

"Normal service can resume after yesterday’s mega traffic overload. While the talk was focused on the London Toy Fair, news came out regarding this year’s Christmas exclusive that has appeared on the Brickset database and been exposed to the world thanks to our friends over at The Brick Fan.

The set is called 40223 Christmas Ornament and is a brick-built LEGO snow-globe which looks stunning. For me it has to be THE BEST Xmas set ever – I cannot wait to get my hands on it! How about you?"

I really hope this is true, it looks awesome!!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

It does look amazing and I can see the QFLLs making the most money per promo since the mini VW Camper. However, I'd guess that this will be a set to purchase rather than a promo.

21 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I think that is pretty awesome.  I'm wondering if it's sealed to where you can fill it with water and make a real snowglobe out of it?  Judging from how the Holiday Train and Gingerbread House promotions went, this will have demand.  Although like i've said, Santa's Workshop will have lots of competition with multiple Santa sets put out just about every year.

yeah it looks like a snowglobe. if you look at it the top is the part you may be able to turn and there are small "snow" bricks floating around in the water.

12 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I seriously doubt this set can retain water

My first thought as well - it would be something completely new for LEGO to have a container that can open up to build in, but remain waterproof once closed. Plus the amount of liability they would need to take on should it accidentally leak is not something I would expect them to easily go for. It leaves open the question of how those 1x1 round tiles are going to be suspended though .....