40223 - Snowglobe

Val-E

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone got any idea how they've suspended the white 1x1 round tiles? Or is that a photoshop job, and they'll only be suspended when you shake it? Can't imagine there's any liquid in there to keep them suspended. Some trick I can't make out, or false advertising? Looks like a sweet promo either way. I like the bricks included, some handy MOC details in there! 

14 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Anyone got any idea how they've suspended the white 1x1 round tiles? Or is that a photoshop job, and they'll only be suspended when you shake it? Can't imagine there's any liquid in there to keep them suspended. Some trick I can't make out, or false advertising? Looks like a sweet promo either way. I like the bricks included, some handy MOC details in there! 

Isn't that how a snow globe works?

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Isn't that how a snow globe works?

Nah, with a real snow globe you shake it and then you get to see the snow swirl around for 15-30 seconds as the small snow bits are light enough to be suspended in the water. With this, I presume they respect gravity and plummet to the floor immediately after you stop shaking. Not too snow globe-y. Unless they've got some way to keep them suspended in a "freeze frame" for hanging on the tree, like the photo represents. 

2 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

16941580.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, cruisepen said:

Wondering, is should I wait for this or grab advent+double VIP right now..... suggestions?

Depends on what you're buying :) If it's a set that is likely to run out by Black Friday (e.g. Winter Train or a set of all Advent Calendars), I'd buy now. Actually, the Advent calendars are already running out of stock now on LEGO Shop at Home .....

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, BMTHbuilder said:

How much do you guys think the Snow Globe promotion will sell for once it's up on eBay?

My guess: less than Gingerbread House but probably more than your average winter promo.  I think the horde will chase last year's GH success but the set is unique and nice enough to withstand a large amount of supply.

Either way, it should be a nice "discount" off your SAH purchase.

Better question: is this the first of many to come?  If so....watch out!  The sky is the limit.  Zombies, Rovers, and Snow Globes, oh my!

• Like 1