40223 - Snowglobe

Val-E

2 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

All this means is it won't be GBH. It will still sell FBA for $50 next Christmas, and $60+ the year or two after that. You just paid $10 for it. If you guys have better sets that will be 5x buy-in next Christmas, slide on into my DMs.

i think you are awfully optimistic about $50 next year. thousands of units must have purchased over the last 24 hours .. i hope i am wrong . 

I kind of think $50 for this next year would be a little too optimistic. Hopeful, but I don't see it. GBH was a bit of a fluke with the blog spike. Even 40138 Christmas Train is only barely hitting the $50 mark on ebay and I don't think that ever went on sale after the freebie period. With the inventory now available, Snowglobe is going to take awhile to get up there. I think I'll end up bundling it with some clearance baubles and extra nutcrackers next year.

Really puzzled by this move by LEGO. Still available, limit 5, on LEGO Shop at Home. Assuming the usual folks went deep on this, that is a lot for what is considered just left-overs from last years promotion and this summer's sudden promo. I've stopped buying more because I don't want to get banned but the ongoing availability after 2+ days is worrisome.

32 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Really puzzled by this move by LEGO. Still available, limit 5, on LEGO Shop at Home. Assuming the usual folks went deep on this, that is a lot for what is considered just left-overs from last years promotion and this summer's sudden promo. I've stopped buying more because I don't want to get banned but the ongoing availability after 2+ days is worrisome.

I just bought 5 to pair off with 5 of the Creator Santa Polybags down the road. However it does seem they might have made another run based on qty.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

Seal code 29r6

28S6 on mine so somebody's found a big forgotten stash somewhere. I wonder if Hamley's will put them on the shelf above the London Buses and charge us through the nose for those too? If I saw the Snow Globes selling in the UK for £10, I'd clear the lot, a dead cert £20+ by Xmas 2018.

I was pretty happy to see these available. I should have gotten one last year, but decided not to spend the money to get the freebie. It has a lot of cool pieces in it so I ordered 5. I may have a hard time opening all of them for the pieces though knowing that the value will increase.

34 minutes ago, meganr said:

I was pretty happy to see these available. I should have gotten one last year, but decided not to spend the money to get the freebie. It has a lot of cool pieces in it so I ordered 5. I may have a hard time opening all of them for the pieces though knowing that the value will increase.

That's why you order another 5 ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Any bets this will make it to Dec. 8th for double points and London Bus re-freebie?

Probably not, given the ability to order 5 at a time. If it lasts that long, I'll buy more.

In the last 24hours, I've sold the 3 of these I had stashed away and will very easily sell the ones on the way. Let the good times roll...I already have a "wait list" of moms ready to pick up their globes!

Edited by eliminator
  • Like 1