Lego aisles half empty lately?

tacsniper

On December 7, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Huskers1236 said:

Stopped by a Target on the way to picking up kids from school, Star Wars section of Lego was decimated.  SuperHeroes are moving very slowly compared to even City.  Friends was pretty sparse as well.  Was hoping they had the new Frozen sets, no luck.

The mid-range sets seem to selling best.  New X-Wing looks to be the best seller along with the Tie-Advance prototype.  Lots of Imperial Shuttles which I'm hoping that I might have a shot at post-Christmas clearance.  Interestingly I've seen plenty of Falcons.  My guess is that the $150 price is just too much for most people.  

6 minutes ago, Mathew said:

The mid-range sets seem to selling best.  New X-Wing looks to be the best seller along with the Tie-Advance prototype.  Lots of Imperial Shuttles which I'm hoping that I might have a shot at post-Christmas clearance.  Interestingly I've seen plenty of Falcons.  My guess is that the $150 price is just too much for most people.  

Or Lego produced sufficient Falcons? Could this be a reason?

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

I would have figured Tyderian Shuttles would sell fast, I love the thing, always have since being a kid.  But it's well stocked.  Should I even buy at %50 off when it does hit clearance?  I wonder how many years it will take to surpass RRP.

Of note my WalMarts are well stocked on all but one or two sets.  Some snowspeeders and other sub $30 sets are thinning but not sold out yet.  The only thing sold out is the AT-AT, and at its price range I dont know why, its pretty expensive. I guess cig is right, next week will tell us whats hot or not.

7 minutes ago, remy1492 said:

I would have figured Tyderian Shuttles would sell fast, I love the thing, always have since being a kid.  But it's well stocked.  Should I even buy at %50 off when it does hit clearance?  I wonder how many years it will take to surpass RRP.

Of note my WalMarts are well stocked on all but one or two sets.  Some snowspeeders and other sub $30 sets are thinning but not sold out yet.  The only thing sold out is the AT-AT, and at its price range I dont know why, its pretty expensive. I guess cig is right, next week will tell us whats hot or not.

I think that Tyderium is going to be underappreciated during its life. It is going to be one that people put off because newer movie stuff took precedence. This is a set that you need with an Ewok Village and/or the Death Star Duel. When TFA fever dies out, I bet this set will have had a shortened lifespan just to make room for the upcoming Rogue One. I could be talking out of my rear. All I know is that I am looking forward to building and reviewing this one soon.

20 minutes ago, remy1492 said:

If I see 50% off Imperial Shuttles there will be carnage in that aisle.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

First time I have seen any store looking even remotely picked through: target was devoid of most mid range SW stuff. Basically all the $80+ sets were there with all the $12 battle packs

Just left Target.  The City, Friends, Disney, etc. looked about half gone.  Much worse than usual, but not barren.  SW was pretty raided.  Most of the FA stuff was in stock, but not a ton left.  The exception was Poe's X-Wing; none of those save the built one in the plexiglass.  This was pretty much the same for the two TRUs I was at Saturday evening.

This is how empty it is. No JW, Scooby-do. Very few minecraft. Tons of SW.IMG_3962_zps5a0zlusc.jpgIMG_3963_zpsmyqkqc6p.jpg

4 hours ago, remy1492 said:

As you can see my houston costco has quite a bit. More boats than Ties have sold. Surprised me. The 3x microfighter packs in Nov sold fast though.

What's the Vessel selling for in Costco? I don't think we got that in Canada. We got the Tie, City Demolition and Swamp police station and few Friends sets.