Lego aisles half empty lately?

tacsniper

2 hours ago, Dbroncoboy said:

There are two normally dressed people with Lego branded bags and scanners loading up my TRU with inventory. I've never seen this before, but maybe I just have never been there when they are. There are millennium Falcons spilling out onto the floor. Ridiculously well stocked.

I have seen stuff like that at TRU and a Target once before setting up display models.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 9:47 AM, labfreak7 said:

My local Walmart

That is what my walmarts look like too. Last year at this time they were almost empty. Looks like lego way overproduced based on sales to the horde and not end users. And who says the horde doesn't affect anything. Either that or every consumer in america has lego fatigue at once. Let's see, Occam's razor, yadda yadda, I pick the first one.

I think walmart, target, etc are blowing through stock and restocking it just as fast.  One snapshot doesn't paint a whole picture.  Let's see a time-lapse from the walmart cameras that shows a typical lego isle from black friday to January 1st.  Guarantee you will see a lot of stock being moved, added, etc.  

I know that the employees at my local walmart are stocking constantly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2016 at 10:44 PM, Crustybeaver said:

Went into Toys R us Woking over the weekend and looks like they haven't had any stock since Christmas. Ninjago and City sets spread out to fill all the gaps. No Technic or Star Wars, looked pretty sparse.

Still like that near us. There's only so much space you can cover with the full left behind ranges of Chima and Ninjago. I would say i almost have more Lego than they do. Hopefully more value!

• 1 month later...