Lego aisles half empty lately?

tacsniper

Are you guys noticing the Lego isles are looking pretty pathetic in the past 2 weeks? I've been to several Walmarts in Canada and half to 3/4 of the shelves are empty! The only thing that seems to be in-stock are the new Star Wars, City and Friends sets.

TRU have decent amount of stock, but then Nov/Dec is their bread and butter so I assume they arranged to make sure to have lots of inventory on hand.

Kind of frustrating when I cannot even find small sets like the Minecraft The Dungeon in 5 Walmarts! Nearest TRU is OOS.

In my area of the midwest the lego aisles are still completely stocked in all the stores i have been to recently. I have been to a lot doing christmas shopping.

Where is this wonderful chain of islands that is half full of LEGO?  (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

On topic, the WM, Target, Meijer shelves around here have quite a few holes, especially for things on sale.  TRU had pretty good stock last night, but was absolutely packed.  Everyone had to move down the aisle as one collective mob.

• Like 1

Checked my Target. 2 trs ago at this time it was 80% bare and filled in w random baby toys.  As you might see, there are many sets with 10deep in stock even in the 20% off items. Only one or two have sold out. Like others I overhear "wow its so expensive for this tiny box, lets just buy him a game or something"  and nothing is bought. 

• Like 1

When stores no longer put sets on sale and don't accept coupons for them, people are going to go to go online for them. The general consensus is that eBay and Amazon save you money. Just my .02 but I don't think you will see completely bare isles when there are no discounts. That being said the Lego aisle seems to be a lot less stocked than it was a couple days ago in stores in my area.

I did a small run today and hit a few stores, and i'm not seeing empty shelves, or anything remotely resembling a "shortage".  In fact, I think it's pretty darn filled in many stores.  The only scarcity I see is with the vader boxes.  It's hard to find ANY Star Wars sets from 2014 at the moment.  Most of them were wiped out over the last week.    Most of the sets from this year, including the Force Awakens are pretty stocked.  Poe's X-wing is perhaps the only one absent.  Scooby Doo, Ninjago, City, and creator sets are pretty well stocked.

Last year, many of the yoda wave boxes were still easily obtainable into march.  Don't think that's going to happen this year.  Although, most of those were prequel based, while most of the vader boxes were OT based, so I sort of get it.

8 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Lego fatigue is in full effect. I am done buying. Time to sell and get out

Sarcasm?

There were/are plenty of places to make money with Lego this holiday. But trying to quick flip new sets is always dangerous, many of the retired/nearing retirement sets are doing extremely well however.

Either way, I don't mind people hitting the eject button :-)

• Like 3

not really. The herd has ruined it for me and I am going to concentrate on getting rid of as much as I can. About to show these lowballers what lowballing looks like

Edited by MarxMarvelous

Guest brickcrazyhouse
1 hour ago, MarxMarvelous said:

not really. The herd has ruined it for me and I am going to concentrate on getting rid of as much as I can. About to show these lowballers what lowballing looks like

care to pm your store link

The more popular star wars sets are low in stock. Same for modular and other exclusives. The rest of typical city, creator, ninjago etc. Are well stocked.

Last year towards christmas many of friends sets are gone. I think the lack fo good sales seem to have impact the revenue of lego sales at the shops.

I know we are talking about B&M but I find it interesting that LEGO Shop at Home USA still has all 4 modulars in stock. Also the only "Hard to Find" item that has gone OOS/Sold Out after both promos HT, GH and Double VIP that was orderable before is TB. The other 5: EV, SC, EEE, ToO, and SOH were already unavailable for order. So with those five out of the picture for now that means less options for high-end sets. So either there is less demand for the modulars or Lego has done a better job at keeping them stocked. 

On December 4, 2015 at 3:16:19 PM, pcaster said:

Where is this wonderful chain of islands that is half full of LEGO?  (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Every time I see the title of this post I get a magical visualization of a Lego Isle. That would be my paradise. Although, if Cloud Cuckoo Land hadn't been blown up...

Edited by Poly 30286