10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

That pic with the clock feature was posted before on page 3 though :derisive:

Where are you seeing the face is not printed? Or do you mean the clock hands are not printed?

Could be a printed 10x10 dish or just a dish with a big sticker on it or something. From the side it looks concave, so I think it will be a printed piece. Would be a nightmare to apply a sticker on that. I think printing is done to the other side of the dish most of the time, but it has been done before. For example this dish from the UCS falcon:

bricklink_50990pb03.jpg

Edited by c_rpg

33 minutes ago, Stevepixels said:

A bit more info and a lot more pics. Also looks like its NOT a printed face and you can advance the clock hands externally!! How awesome is that
70cm x 70cm x 20cm 4126 pieces

http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/lego-creator-expert-10253-big-ben-opgedoken-2/

Oh and to save you from running off to google translate, here is a translation too
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bouwsteentjes.info%2Flego-creator-expert-10253-big-ben-opgedoken-2%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Any chance of some rep now ;) 

Where did you see that it's not a printed face? It looks like the clock face is the inside of a radar dish piece which would be extremely hard to put a sticker on.. especially 4 times. I wouldn't be surprised if it's printed.

Ohhh man, this is just too exciting.  I have to say, they keep knocking these landmark sets out of the park.  They have all been fantastic looking so far.  This second half of the year is going to freaking kill me money wise.

Good thing Lego accepts paypal now!!!

This is going to be such a beautiful compliment to the Tower Bridge, I can't wait to display them together.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevepixels said:

I meant a printed face as in the time is NOT printed and is actual hands. My mistake in explaining

Ah gotcha. Yeah, having the real hands is pretty nice. I wonder if turning the crank will spin all the clock faces equally? I can't tell from the pictures.

Brickset has the full press release...

http://brickset.com/article/21371/10253-big-ben-press-release

US $249.99 - CA $299.99 - DE 219.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 1999.00 DKK.

VIP Early Access from June 15th

Build the world’s best-known clock tower!

Get up close to Big Ben! The clock was first started on May 31st 1859, and Big Ben’s first chime rang from the 96-meter Elizabeth Tower on July 11th of the same year. This over 23” (60cm) high LEGO interpretation of the iconic structure is a tribute to its engineering and architecture.

It features a detailed facade with statues, shields and windows, and a clock tower with 4 adjustable clock dials and a removable roof allowing access to the belfry, plus buildable exterior elements including a sidewalk, lawn and a tree depicting the building’s location. This model makes a great display piece for the home or office.

• Big Ben features a detailed section of the Westminster Palace and the adjoining Elizabeth Tower, 4 detailed clock dials with movable hour and minutes hands, and a sidewalk, tree and grass area depicting the building’s location.
  • Remove the top of the tower to access the Big Ben bell.
  • Put your LEGO building skills to the test!
  • Special elements include 4 printed clock faces.
  • Rare elements include ski poles, flowers and corner plates in molded gold color, and tinted-translucent elements.
  • This set includes over 4,000 LEGO pieces.
  • This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
  • Big Ben measures over 23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.

• Like 9

Normally I am excited about the UCS SW sets but this year it is the year of Technic and Creator for me.

The printed clock piece looks really well done.

Just now, Stevepixels said:

WOW!!! Man this is looking awesome.

How hard is gonna be be to keep this IN the box?!?

Easy after I build one.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sharkfin182 said:

Retail price supposedly confirmed at $249 actually. 

http://en.brickimedia.org/wiki/10253_Big_Ben

Ok, so I just have to say I was correct Yesterday when I said this was gonna be $249. Nobody believed me! I know, Brickset was showing $349, but they were wrong. Just pointing out that I was right on this one, even if nobody cares! ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Sharkfin182 said:

Ok, so I just have to say I was correct Yesterday when I said this was gonna be $249. Nobody believed me! I know, Brickset was showing $349, but they were wrong. Just pointing out that I was right on this one, even if nobody cares! ;)

It was using the word confirmed.  Nothing is confirmed until TLG sends out a press release.

I am sure everybody is very happy that you were right!

Just now, lego rules said:

It was using the word confirmed.  Nothing is confirmed until TLG sends out a press release.

I am sure everybody is very happy that you were right!

You're right, I shouldn't have said "confirmed", that was my mistake. I was just excited that the price looked like it was gonna be way lower than expected, really wanted to share the excitement! I'm new on here, so I've got some things to learn! Thanks for the advice. :)