10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

This is the kind of set one wants to buy on release day. How I wish AoH would be in the same league as this "UCS" Big Ben.

6 hours ago, Simon74 said:

also Italy gets a "special" treatment...  239,99 euros.

Did you really think enjoying la dolce vita wouldn't have its own set of repercussions? :devil:

• Like 1

Hey guys,

it's nice to see, that most of you or nearly all of you are so excited about this new land mark set, but is there anybody out there who is also a little bit disappointed like me about this Set?

For sure, the size/price ratio is awesome, it matches the TB perfectly like I have hoped some weeks ago, but to me the set looks more like a "too big 'creatORed' " Architecture Set then a real creator Expert land Mark building. In my (first) view only the clock brick is a really nice New gimmick. 

21 hours ago, 187Flosse said:

Hey guys,

it's nice to see, that most of you or nearly all of you are so excited about this new land mark set, but is there anybody out there who is also a little bit disappointed like me about this Set?

For sure, the size/price ratio is awesome, it matches the TB perfectly like I have hoped some weeks ago, but to me the set looks more like a "too big 'creatORed' " Architecture Set then a real creator Expert land Mark building. In my (first) view only the clock brick is a really nice New gimmick. 

What did you expect exactly that would have made the set a "real" Creator Expert landmark set?

It would've been cool if it were a typical "3 in 1" Creator set. Just imagine being able to transform Big Ben into Tower Bridge into Buckingham Palace using mostly the same bricks and pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

Incidentally, the new £5 will have/has the Elizabeth Tower and Houses of Parliament on.  Okay, so not so many people are going to make the connection between a fiver and a Lego set, but still oddly coincidental.  

new-five-pound-note-1464939464-GLB2-column-width-inline.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thebrickdad said:

Seeing the TB in the back of the instructions would indicate that TLG plan on selling these two side by side?

This could well be the strongest indication yet that SOH is not long for this world?

I wouldn't take anything like that as a certainty. Don't forget that AoH is basically advertising the retired AT-AT in the instruction manual. We've had similar cases in the past.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

The clock hands are made from wrenches or screw drivers or something. 4 sets of clock faces, 4 sets of tools (tools come on a sprue as a single part) 

That makes sense, but why would they just lay them down in front of the finished set? I guess I'll never understand TLG's logic.

9 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

The clock hands are made from wrenches or screw drivers or something. 4 sets of clock faces, 4 sets of tools (tools come on a sprue as a single part) 

Yup.  The clock hands uses one of the tools.  the tools come in a pre-pack bag like the flowers and coins. So if we get one we get all that are part of the mold.

• Like 1