10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

Sorry, the $249 price appears to be outdated. I was hoping maybe due to small pieces it could actually be that cheap, like the 6,000-piece Taj Mahal that retailed for $299 due to the multitudes of small pieces. Looks like Big Ben will be $349. Makes sense with the current LEGO value and demand, and inflation. After all, the modulars have been going up $10 per year the last two years: $149 (2014)... $159 (2015)... $169 (2016)... I expect that trend to continue...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

If it's 350$ in the US I hope they don't jack the price up to 399.99€ over here like they did with GBHQ. That immdiately puts us at a disadvantage when trying to invest in these.

Asking because I honestly don't know for sure--aren't all sets priced higher in the EU?

2 minutes ago, tjj1984 said:

Asking because I honestly don't know for sure--aren't all sets priced higher in the EU?

They are slightly higher if you take exchange rate into account. For example:

TB: US=239.99$ BEL=219.99€(=248.00$)

SOH: US=319.99$ BEL=299.99€(=338.22$)

But in the case of GBHQ the price is higher even without the exchange rate:

GBHQ: US=349.99$ BEL=399.99€(=450.97$)

There's some other sets where this is the case, mostly licensed stuff like Star Wars.

• Like 2

Just now, c_rpg said:

There's some other sets where this is the case, mostly licensed stuff like Star Wars.

But doesn't the EUR219.99/EUR299.99 already include tax/VAT/BTW? In that case, you need to add 6-10% to the US price, because retail prices here are without tax. So at 10%  TB would be $263.98, but only $248 in Europe, so EU is cheaper.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

That's interesting. I have always seen the grumblings on reddit about EU LEGO prices being so much higher, but in retrospect I guess they are always referring to licensed sets. I wonder why licensed sets are more expensive but not Creator sets.

16 minutes ago, Phil B said:

But doesn't the EUR219.99/EUR299.99 already include tax/VAT/BTW? In that case, you need to add 6-10% to the US price, because retail prices here are without tax. So at 10%  TB would be $263.98, but only $248 in Europe, so EU is cheaper.

Yes you are right, tax is always included in store prices over here! I forgot that this is not the case in the US.

Our VAT is 21% so the price differences still don't always make sense. For example GBHQ is 350€ in Germany. Over there VAT is 19% so it's only a 2% difference.

Sorry for going off-topic! I'm just hoping the price is reasonable so I can buy some as an investment :) I guess we can always find something to complain about.

A bit more info and a lot more pics. Also looks like its NOT a printed face and you can advance the clock hands externally!! How awesome is that
70cm x 70cm x 20cm 4126 pieces

http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/lego-creator-expert-10253-big-ben-opgedoken-2/

Oh and to save you from running off to google translate, here is a translation too
https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bouwsteentjes.info%2Flego-creator-expert-10253-big-ben-opgedoken-2%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Any chance of some rep now ;) 

• Like 6